This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    It's the same way in Western PA with the exception of Allegheny County (Pittsburgh).
    I get that he owns the white rural counties. And that even all the signs I saw may not even equal the votes of a single apartment building. But the enthusiasm they show him is unnerving.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      I get that he owns the white rural counties. And that even all the signs I saw may not even equal the votes of a single apartment building. But the enthusiasm they show him is unnerving.
      But it's irrelevant in the long run. They can be enthusiastic as all hell, but land doesn't vote, nor do lawn signs.

Again, to win this thing everyone has to get out the vote...don't fall asleep for a second, don't get complacent. Less than 2 months to go.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        But it's irrelevant in the long run. They can be enthusiastic as all hell, but land doesn't vote, nor do lawn signs.

Again, to win this thing everyone has to get out the vote...don't fall asleep for a second, don't get complacent. Less than 2 months to go.
        Well, it's not irrelevant if the polls are indeed undercounting in important states like PA.

Comment

Agreed, it could very well be a loud minority vs a silent majority type of thing.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Agreed, it could very well be a loud minority vs a silent majority type of thing.
            I thought that the polls undercount the Trump voters because they're "too embarrassed" to admit they're a Trumpy, even to an online polling bot.

I'll say this: Trumpy voters are NOT undercounted, lol. If they support him, they support him loud and clear!

Comment

• Funny stuff!

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Funny stuff!

Great impersonator, but verisimilitude is held back by his normal sized hands. And he is still at least 90% too coherent.

Comment

I thought that the polls undercount the Trump voters because they're "too embarrassed" to admit they're a Trumpy, even to an online polling bot.

I'll say this: Trumpy voters are NOT undercounted, lol. If they support him, they support him loud and clear!
                  It seems like the secret Trump vote is indeed a real life phenomenon. This came out a few days ago. Trust that the shift in the betting markets is reading into these kinds of articles and not simply based on nothing.

A new online study finds that Republicans and independents are twice as likely as Democrats to say they would not give their true opinion in a telephone poll question about their preference for president in the 2020 election. That raises the possibility that polls understate support for President Donald Trump.

Some 11.7% of Republicans and 10.5% independents said they would not give their true opinion, vs. 5.4% of Democrats, according to the study by CloudResearch LLC, a Queens, N.Y.-based company that conducts online market research and data collection for clients. Among the reasons they gave was that “it's dangerous to express an opinion outside of the current liberal viewpoint,” according to Leib Litman, the co-chief executive officer and chief research officer.
                  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...y-trump-voters

There are other factors Biden has working in his favor, but the polling is highly misleading and its making certain liberals start their touchdown dance at the 5 yard line.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Yeah, people going out to vote is what matters. Enthusiasm is a major factor in voting patterns. If weather is terrible, which candidate gains? The one with supporters willing to stand hours in the rain to vote for the person they literally think their God has sent them, or the other guy? Seems like this is Biden's biggest obstacle to winning. Although Biden's negatives are lower than HRC, his enthusiasm is somehow even lower. If this idiot would just promote his own platform instead of doing the "orange man bad" shtick, he might have a better shot to turn out the youth vote, but he won't do it because he fundamentally disagrees with his own platform.

Legalize Marijuana, $15/hr minimum wage, Medicare for All... even if you intend to do the opposite, LIE! State your case, and swindle the youth vote! Orange man bad isn't going to win.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                      There are other factors Biden has working in his favor, but the polling is highly misleading and its making certain liberals start their touchdown dance at the 5 yard line.
                      There is no one doing a "touchdown dance," lol. Where do you come up with this stuff?

There isn't any pro-Biden or anti-Trumper I know who even remotely thinks this is close to being won.

As far as the signage, I believe that disputes much of the "embarassment" that Trumpies are supposed to feel. They're not embarassed, far from it. In fact, I think the opposite may be true -- pro-Biden/pro-Dems are NOT displaying signage for fear rabid Trumpies with their guns will damage their property.

And again, and I've said this repeatedly, while Biden himself doesn't elicit much enthusiasm, the enthusiasm lay in ousting the worst president in our country's history. Look at the Dem voting patterns during this pandemic, they've been higher than normal. There is enthusiasm here to rid ourselves of this cancer.

Comment

There is no one doing a "touchdown dance," lol. Where do you come up with this stuff?
                        Hmmm...I gotta defend Teenwolf on this one. There's prominent alt-media people on both sides doing touchdown dances. More than one of the many "Donald Trump will not leave office peacefully" articles on liberal sites are premised on when - not if - Trump will lose the election. More than one of the "Joe Biden's voter enthusiasm is lower than Hillary's means we'll win" on conservative sites are the same; to the point among one of the more well-read Trump supporters will note polls or other information that favors them, and then says "that's great. Don't get cocky, kid". There's plenty of other examples on both sides.

I've noticed more of a concern around liberal media members advising caution, though in less direct ways. Don Lemon has thrown some shots of caution across the bow, for example.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• A poll that says polls are inaccurate...um ok.

IMO, all anyone needs to know about polls is that the polls predicted a Hillary Clinton victory in 2016.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

A poll that says polls are inaccurate...um ok.

IMO, all anyone needs to know about polls is that the polls predicted a Hillary Clinton victory in 2016.
                            They predicted she'd win the popular vote, which she did.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Hmmm...I gotta defend Teenwolf on this one. There's prominent alt-media people on both sides doing touchdown dances. More than one of the many "Donald Trump will not leave office peacefully" articles on liberal sites are premised on when - not if - Trump will lose the election. More than one of the "Joe Biden's voter enthusiasm is lower than Hillary's means we'll win" on conservative sites are the same; to the point among one of the more well-read Trump supporters will note polls or other information that favors them, and then says "that's great. Don't get cocky, kid". There's plenty of other examples on both sides.

I've noticed more of a concern around liberal media members advising caution, though in less direct ways. Don Lemon has thrown some shots of caution across the bow, for example.
                              Well, an article on if Trump will leave peacefully if he loses has to have him losing as an outcome, though.

While I don't really watch CNN or MSNBC or any other non-Fox News channel, I don't believe any commentator has said this was a slam dunk win for Biden.

OTOH, nearly ALL of my Facebook feed Trumpies are proclaiming this as a slam dunk Trumpy win, polls be damned. I had one guy, a kid I grew up with who's now a doctor, proudly proclaiming the only way Biden could win was if the election was rigged. LOL, where I have heard that before??

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                                They predicted she'd win the popular vote, which she did.
                                Good point.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X