Page 684 of 737 FirstFirst ... 184584634674682683684685686694734 ... LastLast
Results 6,831 to 6,840 of 7370

Thread: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by TranaGreg View Post
    To this point - I don't recall the precise numbers so don't quote me, but when people are asked which party they favor there's a significant number of independents - 15-20% ish if I recall correctly.

But if the question is worded in the reverse - is there a party that you couldn't see yourself voting for - the number of independents drops to something like 3-4%.

I'll try to dig up that article (from about a year ago).
    Yea, pretty sure I read it but would like to have it handy again for reference, thanks!
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Quote Originally Posted by TranaGreg View Post
    To this point - I don't recall the precise numbers so don't quote me, but when people are asked which party they favor there's a significant number of independents - 15-20% ish if I recall correctly.

But if the question is worded in the reverse - is there a party that you couldn't see yourself voting for - the number of independents drops to something like 3-4%.

I'll try to dig up that article (from about a year ago).
    Well there are more than 2 parties - and Im sure Independents likely have parties on the fringes that they would exclude. It doesnt mean - I wont vote Republican or I wont vote Democrat. So rephrasing the question doesnt necessarily mean that they exclude the two majors from their options.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Big Leaguer
    People who like Trump thought the speech was great.
    People who hate Trump thought it was terrible.
    Color me surprised.

Startling figure from the most recent CNN/SSRS poll: 67% of women voters, regardless of party, are unlikely to vote for Trump in '20.

I agree with the 6-7 percent of voters being actual independents; some research from a few years back on that was pretty compelling.

many of the rest think the Ds aren't left enough or the Rs aren't right enough. others either never would vote for one particular party, or never would vote for either major party. I think what's more relevant is those who are open to voting for either the D or R candidate in any given election. that number really seems to be dwindling.
    36th yr in same 12-team NL 5x5
    rallied to within 10 pts out of 3rd at the ASB
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP Scherzer 44, Keuchel LD, CSmith 1, Roark 8, Samardzija 1, Mahle, Pivetta 10
    RP Jeffress 1, Dyson
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 3B TFrazier 2, 13 Belt 10, 2B KMarte LD, SS DeJong LD, 2S BCrawford 9
    OF Harper LD, Eaton LD, CDickerson 17, Dyson 8, Bruce LD, UT Cooper
    IL: SP Cueto 1, RP TGuerrero, SS EGonzalez 2
    minors: OFs NWilliams 2, Daza, RDavis

so dumb and tone-deaf that he doesn't know when he is being openly mocked....

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Quote Originally Posted by DMT View Post
    Riiight. The number of actual independents is 6-7%. Most "independents" clearly favor one of the two major parties. But keep inflating your 'independent' egos.
    Do you have any studies to back that up? I can believe it about politically active people. Not so much those who decide at the last minute.

As was noted, polling was very favorable. Even CNN was favorable.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Quote Originally Posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    so dumb and tone-deaf that he doesn't know when he is being openly mocked....

"I learned long ago never to wrestle with a pig. You both get muddy all over . . . and the pig likes it."

a 78-year-old Speaker of the House clapping like a cross between a harp seal and a sullen teenage girl - well, the quote above speaks for itself.
    36th yr in same 12-team NL 5x5
    rallied to within 10 pts out of 3rd at the ASB
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP Scherzer 44, Keuchel LD, CSmith 1, Roark 8, Samardzija 1, Mahle, Pivetta 10
    RP Jeffress 1, Dyson
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 3B TFrazier 2, 13 Belt 10, 2B KMarte LD, SS DeJong LD, 2S BCrawford 9
    OF Harper LD, Eaton LD, CDickerson 17, Dyson 8, Bruce LD, UT Cooper
    IL: SP Cueto 1, RP TGuerrero, SS EGonzalez 2
    minors: OFs NWilliams 2, Daza, RDavis

Quote Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Do you have any studies to back that up? I can believe it about politically active people. Not so much those who decide at the last minute.

As was noted, polling was very favorable. Even CNN was favorable.

J
    It's possible to say that you thought Trump gave a decent or even a good speech, but you'd still never vote for him because of his personal and political track record, or even that you can't envision ever voting for a Republican because of the GOP's track record. (I personally haven't seen or read the SOTU yet. Maybe I'll read it after the NBA trade deadline has passed, lol.)

It should be noted regarding the SOTU speech polling, it was taken of people who actually watched it. It's like saying Trump voters like Trump. I myself was watching my current TV guilty pleasure, "Forged in Fire".