This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "without any Mueller report,"

that's kind of the problem, for me. yes, we have seen all the unethical and corrupt things you note.

but if "this is it," then I think we need to go back to why this investigation started in the first place.
    and why it lasted so long.
    (3-2-1 for talking point about how "they all last this long." a) sample size? and b) so?)
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Why it lasted so long? Because investigations that result in this many indictments take time. It's hilarious that you're always preaching caution and patience on media stories yet this prosecution is taking too long?! Smh
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Why it lasted so long? Because investigations that result in this many indictments take time. It's hilarious that you're always preaching caution and patience on media stories yet this prosecution is taking too long?! Smh
        I didn't say it's "taking too long." reading is fundamental.

I said that if all we get is a bunch of grifters lying under oath, THEN I will say it took too long.
        smh
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• You both ended with smh. I should know this one i guess if all the cool kids are using it. (So much horseshit perhaps). I got a response to a message recently that was a pineapple emoji with letters la at end. I just sent a thumbs up in response was i was too embarrassed to admit i dont know pineapple meaning even if punctuated with la.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
            You both ended with smh. I should know this one i guess if all the cool kids are using it. (So much horseshit perhaps). I got a response to a message recently that was a pineapple emoji with letters la at end. I just sent a thumbs up in response was i was too embarrassed to admit i dont know pineapple meaning even if punctuated with la.
            shake my head
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• yes the google machine spelled it out for me. also, the pineapple emoji evidently means they are in a complicated relationship. i have got my urban dictionary at the ready, sorry should have picked that up.

though my reading (so much horsepoop) is pretty aligned with underlying meaning.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                yes the google machine spelled it out for me. also, the pineapple emoji evidently means they are in a complicated relationship. i have got my urban dictionary at the ready, sorry should have picked that up.

though my reading (so much horsepoop) is pretty aligned with underlying meaning.
                Yeah, you have to be careful with these emoji. I sent someone an eggplant the other day because I thought it looked cool. That didn't work out the way I thought it would.
                If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  "without any Mueller report,"

that's kind of the problem, for me. yes, we have seen all the unethical and corrupt things you note.

but if "this is it," then I think we need to go back to why this investigation started in the first place.
                  and why it lasted so long.
                  (3-2-1 for talking point about how "they all last this long." a) sample size? and b) so?)
                  Am I the only one would feel relieved if the investigation came back without evidence of Trump selling out to the Russians? If it was just normal corruption and lying? Not that those things are to be excused, but I kinda want to believe that maybe our president is just a dummy and a narcissist and picks bad people to work for him but isn't actually beholden to the Russians in some extraordinary way and that he didn't do more than the already stupid things we know he did publicly.

I don't expect that to be the case, but I'd be relieved to learn that Bob Mueller looked into it and that was what he concluded.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    Am I the only one would feel relieved if the investigation came back without evidence of Trump selling out to the Russians? If it was just normal corruption and lying? Not that those things are to be excused, but I kinda want to believe that maybe our president is just a dummy and a narcissist and picks bad people to work for him but isn't actually beholden to the Russians in some extraordinary way and that he didn't do more than the already stupid things we know he did publicly.

I don't expect that to be the case, but I'd be relieved to learn that Bob Mueller looked into it and that was what he concluded.
                    Unfortunately there are 2 scenarios that are most likely to play out (in my mind):
                    1 - He did actually do something - Then he will be gone within days and it will be unanimous impeachment vote on the floor - However, his base will say that this is all a crock and the HRC whataboutery will continue ad nauseum........ It will be a shit show
                    2 - There wont be any finding of colusion - He will be able to stay - He will gloat over the Dems that they have wasted so much time trying to get him out of office while other more important things could have been taken care of. The Dems will continue to #notmypresident and continue to look for ways to get this guy out of office. This will likely be a bigger shitshow than option 1 - as the folks on the far left will continue to sit and scream about #notmypresident and I believe their angst and vitriol is way worse than much of the right side.

Either way, I am not sure that there is any way that everyone will be appeased - Either way this will become a bigger shit show.
                    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• bald, your point of view is just so odd to me.
                      your scenario 1, we know what we saw him do or say or tweet, without need for any report, right? for instance, we are never going to get a readout of the 5 Putin face to face meetings that Trump had, without US rep present where there was not even a us translator, and where there was Trump seized the notes and ordered silence on translator. we know Trump went out of his way and against advice to again and again meet, and again and again after these meetings holds specific russian aligned talking points counter to anything US has ever held, such as wanting to withdraw from Nato, or life russian sanctions, or believing Putin over US intel agencies. all we ever can know of those meetings is what our intel agencies have gathered from the russian briefs. but you get these meetings happened, and the details wont be on a report.

there is zero chance there will be unanimous call for impeachment from this R senate, even if report came out that he ate newborn babies on his daily Big Mac. people want accountability, but impeachment isnt a fix for anything. that is not the justice that is demanded from such historic immorality and targeted assault of our most cherished institutions. trump wont be impeached, the mueller report will be damning, historic, criminal,and will still not move the immovable R in Senate.

your scenario 2, that there is someone who could think this is about some preheld #notmypresident, rather than day after day of right in your face news that should be forming your view, just odd. Trump should be vilified, not because of anything else but what we have seen and heard from him. he has earned a level of treatment and expectation.

trumpers support trump. a republican is not same thing as a trump supporter. this is an immoral, ignorant, and yes, tire all you want, racist person in highest office. every protection of him, every giving him benefit of doubt at this point where he has proven who he is a thousand times over, to me is a betrayal of decency that in just a few years to come, people will deny they ever did so for this person. no decent person of sound mind is proud of trump, of what he says, of his in your face lying and daring you to do something about it.

Comment

• If he IN FACT and there is proof that he ACTUALLY COLLUDED - any person not voting for impeachment should be ready to lose their seat. The country itself is way more important that Trump.

you may be right about the #notmypresident thing - I can give up on that one.
                        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                          Unfortunately there are 2 scenarios that are most likely to play out (in my mind):
                          1 - He did actually do something - Then he will be gone within days and it will be unanimous impeachment vote on the floor - However, his base will say that this is all a crock and the HRC whataboutery will continue ad nauseum........ It will be a shit show
                          2 - There wont be any finding of colusion - He will be able to stay - He will gloat over the Dems that they have wasted so much time trying to get him out of office while other more important things could have been taken care of. The Dems will continue to #notmypresident and continue to look for ways to get this guy out of office. This will likely be a bigger shitshow than option 1 - as the folks on the far left will continue to sit and scream about #notmypresident and I believe their angst and vitriol is way worse than much of the right side.

Either way, I am not sure that there is any way that everyone will be appeased - Either way this will become a bigger shit show.
                          It will turn out whatever way the Bilderburg/Illuminati/Masons want it to turn out.
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            It will turn out whatever way the Bilderburg/Illuminati/Masons want it to turn out.

Comment

• since the investigation is winding down my guess is that Mueller feels that pinching Trump or any member of his family is out of his purview.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post

It's a near certainty, so be reassured. The Mueller team has leaked like a sieve throughout the investigation, so we would know already if he had anything.

What I want to know is where they the investigation off. In theory, the investigation should be carefully apolitical in who was under investigation. Given the composition of the investigation team, that's highly unlikely. However, exactly where inquiries cut off should be informative.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X