This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• being president = $

the longer you are president the more you're in the game and the more you know whats up or going on in the world which = more $

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
      being president = $

the longer you are president the more you're in the game and the more you know whats up or going on in the world which = more $
      Likely true, but the longer you are president the less time you have to be an ex-president, which is when you make that $. And when you start out as the oldest to assume the presidency, that means those 4 years are a relatively large portion of your remaining life.

Comment

• What I suspect he's most loathe to give up is presidential pardon power and presidential immunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
          What I suspect he's most loathe to give up is presidential pardon power and presidential immunity.
          Bingo. I think the reason he'd run again in 2020, if nothing else, is he has protection from being held accountable for wrongdoings he may have done.

Comment

What I suspect he's most loathe to give up is presidential pardon power and presidential immunity.
            I suspect he also will loathe that he'll be the first president not really wanted on the speaker circuit.
            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Which is related to how he made money in the past and during the campaign. Trump is not a typical president or ex-president when it comes to how he makes his money.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                I suspect he also will loathe that he'll be the first president not really wanted on the speaker circuit.
                I expect him to be popular with certain audiences even if he is loathed by many.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

The Mueller reports is expected fairly soon. We'll see then. We will also see if the investigation crosses party lines as it should.

Who would he like to pardon? I can see pardoning Stone because he did nothing prior to the investigation. Other than that, no one comes to mind least of all Trump himself.

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                  You're kidding, right?

Trump packs houses for rallies in football stadiums. He's so popular as a speaker that the Clinton's imitate him.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    The Mueller reports is expected fairly soon. We'll see then. We will also see if the investigation crosses party lines as it should.

Who would he like to pardon? I can see pardoning Stone because he did nothing prior to the investigation. Other than that, no one comes to mind least of all Trump himself.

J
                    Roger Stone has done plenty wrong throughout his lifetime - apparently just never indicted and found guilty in a court of law (for what that is worth).
                    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

You're kidding, right?

Trump packs houses for rallies in football stadiums. He's so popular as a speaker that the Clinton's imitate him.

J
                      Free events. Do you think he will command big speaking fees?
                      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• I really don't see Trump being interested in the speaking circuit. All he knows how to do is pander to his ignorant base.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                          Free events. Do you think he will command big speaking fees?
                          That raises the question, what drives speaker fees? What makes it worthwhile for Hillary Clinton to charge $500,000 for a canned 15 minutes?

Regardless, the ability to draw a crowd should be sufficient. Business schools and business organization will love him as will foreign policy groups and schools. Replace left-leaning with right-leaning and the rest is the same.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

That raises the question, what drives speaker fees? What makes it worthwhile for Hillary Clinton to charge $500,000 for a canned 15 minutes?

Regardless, the ability to draw a crowd should be sufficient. Business schools and business organization will love him as will foreign policy groups and schools. Replace left-leaning with right-leaning and the rest is the same.

J
                            I'm not so sure. While some will argue it's unfair and reflective of political correctness and identity politics and "snowflakery", I think it's a lot harder to command speaking engagements - particularly in commerce and academia - if one is perceived as racist, xenophobic, homophobic, sexist, etc, and Trump has provided plenty of fodder in those areas.

Comment

• I can’t see Trump getting involved in the speaking circuit. He certainly would have been an interesting speaker in the 1980s and 1990s and he did very little of it then. More likely someone ghost writes a book or two for him blaming everyone else for everything, and he goes back to his hotels, golf courses and other business ventures.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                                I can’t see Trump getting involved in the speaking circuit. He certainly would have been an interesting speaker in the 1980s and 1990s and he did very little of it then. More likely someone ghost writes a book or two for him blaming everyone else for everything, and he goes back to his hotels, golf courses and other business ventures.
                                I think this is probably right, although I imagine there will be some rallies from time to time provided he can get someone else to pay for putting them on.
                                If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Working...
                                X