X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    See my post right above your question.
    So Obama gets a pass because it wasn’t the ‘central’ policy of his Presidency. Well, that’s good to know. Really threading that needle

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
      So Obama gets a pass because it wasn’t the ‘central’ policy of his Presidency. Well, that’s good to know. Really threading that needle
      Obama didn't get a pass from many, but he also didn't call attention to it like Trump has, nor deliberately increase the harshness of enforcement as a deterrent. But keep on beating those....drums.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Obama didn't get a pass from many, but he also didn't call attention to it like Trump has. But keep on beating those....drums.
        Too bad none of the ‘many’ ever found the courage in the Sports Bar to draw attention to it. Kudos to you for finding it now.

Comment

Too bad none of the ‘many’ ever found the courage in the Sports Bar to draw attention to it. Kudos to you for finding it now.
          Yep, we were too busy fending off all the unfair attacks on him with pointing out all his similarities to W Bush, dur de dur.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• We have always detained asylum seekers here are the averages on a per day basis...

So the big jump happens the last two years of Bush then stays there during the Obama years before jumping to a new level during Trump. I am on my phone now and can’t get an avg of days held to compare 2016 to 2017 and 2018.

Comment

• So I guess the fact that at least 6 migrant children have died in 2019 under Trump is totally the same thing as Obama's record, right?

This whataboutism is particularly fucking stupid.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Many liberals criticized Obama, HRC and other left leaning [political figures just like a lot of those leaning right have criticized trump and Bush .2

The question is----Do those on the right think people seeking asylum should be held, treated worse than Americans incarcerated for far more heinous crimes?

A man convicted of child molestation, rape, murder et al--enjoys far better accommodations than those simply seeking to escape injustice.

How do you square your selves with that?
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Judge.

As one who can see your [posts, I'd have to say i'mm truly disappointed that your parsing lives.

Obama/Trump--who cares--It's wrong

Not that you give a shit about what i think, but honestly.

If it was wrong for Obama this Zero tolerance is more wrong and you and everyone else with a freaking soul should acknowledge it.

Or not and if that's the case you all can go piss up a rope.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I know I should quit, but I can't. Another morning of unhinged twitter...

So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly......

....and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how....

...it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!

Who is he talking about? Pretty safe to assume he means Rep. Ocasio Cortez, Rep. Tlaib, and Rep Omar

Rep. Tlaib was born in Detroit in 1976 to her Palestinian immigrant parents.

Rep. Omar was born in Somalia 1982 and her family fled the war-torn country, she and her family spent 4 years in a refugee camp in Kenya. She arrived in the US in 92 and was granted asylum in 95. So since she was 10 she has been in the US and since she was 13 she has been a US Citizen.

Rep. Ocasio Cortez was born in 1989 in New York City, the Bronx to be exact.

So 2/3 most outspoken progressive women that he likes to bash are born and raised in the US. One came here at a 10-year-old after 4 years at refugee camp which means she left Somalia at age 6. Also if we take him literally and he knew this information our President just called out one congresswoman and told her to go back to Africa.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                      So I guess the fact that at least 6 migrant children have died in 2019 under Trump is totally the same thing as Obama's record, right?

This whataboutism is particularly fucking stupid.
                      if 1000 people have died in ICE custody under Trump and only 1 under Obama, that would be stupid.
                      if 8 or 9 people a year died in ICE custody under Obama and about 10 people a year died under Trump, then ignoring the previous 8 years and acting all outraged now - that would be unbelievably stupid.

does anyone disagree?

"A man convicted of child molestation, rape, murder et al--enjoys far better accommodations than those simply seeking to escape injustice.

How do you square your selves with that?"

those simply seeking to escape injustice enjoy far more better accommodations than homeless American veterans. How do you square your selves with that?
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        Judge.

As one who can see your [posts, I'd have to say i'mm truly disappointed that your parsing lives.

Obama/Trump--who cares--It's wrong

Not that you give a shit about what i think, but honestly.

If it was wrong for Obama this Zero tolerance is more wrong and you and everyone else with a freaking soul should acknowledge it.

Or not and if that's the case you all can go piss up a rope.
                        Meet the new "Hot Button" moderator, same as the old "Hot Button" moderator!

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                          I know I should quit, but I can't. Another morning of unhinged twitter...

So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly......

....and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how....

...it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!

Who is he talking about? Pretty safe to assume he means Rep. Ocasio Cortez, Rep. Tlaib, and Rep Omar

Rep. Tlaib was born in Detroit in 1976 to her Palestinian immigrant parents.

Rep. Omar was born in Somalia 1982 and her family fled the war-torn country, she and her family spent 4 years in a refugee camp in Kenya. She arrived in the US in 92 and was granted asylum in 95. So since she was 10 she has been in the US and since she was 13 she has been a US Citizen.

Rep. Ocasio Cortez was born in 1989 in New York City, the Bronx to be exact.

So 2/3 most outspoken progressive women that he likes to bash are born and raised in the US. One came here at a 10-year-old after 4 years at refugee camp which means she left Somalia at age 6. Also if we take him literally and he knew this information our President just called out one congresswoman and told her to go back to Africa.
                          If we take him literally, he was calling himself corrupt, inept, and barely functioning.
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                            If we take him literally, he was calling himself corrupt, inept, and barely functioning.
                            I can finally agree with him on something then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              if 1000 people have died in ICE custody under Trump and only 1 under Obama, that would be stupid.
                              if 8 or 9 people a year died in ICE custody under Obama and about 10 people a year died under Trump, then ignoring the previous 8 years and acting all outraged now - that would be unbelievably stupid.

does anyone disagree?

"A man convicted of child molestation, rape, murder et al--enjoys far better accommodations than those simply seeking to escape injustice.

How do you square your selves with that?"

those simply seeking to escape injustice enjoy far more better accommodations than homeless American veterans. How do you square your selves with that?
                              I'm not square with that, I've advocaed for better treatment of the poor and destitute my entire adult life.

Again, judge, I don't know what has changed, but you used to be a lot more compassionate than you seem nowadays.

BTW, you never answered my question, just deflected it with another as they say 'Whataboutism'

Now where's that rope.....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I advocate for sane discourse. when, per FactCheck.org, we find out that 67 people died under ICE custody in 8 years of Obama and, per NBC, 24 have died so far at ICE under Trump - well, the volume dialing from almost nonexistent, outside of immigration advocates, all the way up to 11 now speaks to something far, far beyond claims of newfound compassion (not speaking about you, but about the media).

when countless elected officials and progressive celebrities constantly tweet out what they call "horrific" pictures of migrant treatment by Trump that turn out to be from a 2014 series by the Arizona Republic (it's STILL happening), I get a little annoyed. when Obama builds "detention centers" that magically get marketed into "cages" once he leaves office, I get a little more annoyed.

there's a serious issue here that needs to be addressed. remember the two years when Obama enjoyed majorities in the House and Senate? Democrats could have produced any immigration policy they wanted.

but because they much prefer this status quo - ginning up the base with outrage - I get even more annoyed.

two masses of sheeple out there is just difficult to watch.
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X