This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    True, but he may need to spend unexpected $$$ there now.
    The coffers are full....I don't mean to be a negative Nelly here. I am very happy Trump's poll numbers are low. I think they should be even lower. But I've also seen his numbers bounce back after things that, to me, should have permanently sunk him. That shows me some voters want to vote for him, but are showing displeasure at the job he is doing right at the moment. That means he could win them back. I just don't want voters getting complacent. I was in 2016 and was shocked he won. To me, it has always come down to 6-7 swing states, and those are the places I am anxious about. When I think of Biden making a play for Arkansas, I have flashbacks to HRC taking for granted states she really should have focused on. I will sleep better when/if Biden is up consistently in Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, North Carolina, and Michigan. If Biden wins those four of those six, he wins the election. In our gloriously silly EC system, most of the other states don't really matter.

Comment

• Don't forget Arizona.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Don't forget Arizona.
        HRC tried for it and got close, and maybe it is in play. I don't want Biden spreading himself too thin. You know my opinion on where Biden is, and it isn't his peak. I think he plays well in the rust belt and midwest and I think he'd be wise to spend his limited energies there and anywhere else his team deems the best places to focus on. Hell, he might win Zona and elsewhere without lifting a finger, if the primaries are any indication. He might even do better in places he does less campaigning in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          HRC tried for it and got close, and maybe it is in play. I don't want Biden spreading himself too thin. You know my opinion on where Biden is, and it isn't his peak. I think he plays well in the rust belt and midwest and I think he'd be wise to spend his limited energies there and anywhere else his team deems the best places to focus on. Hell, he might win Zona and elsewhere without lifting a finger, if the primaries are any indication. He might even do better in places he does less campaigning in.
          I don't want to limit his options to win, this to me is different than HRC ignoring WI and MI to expand the map because she seemed to do it looking for a landslide here I am just looking to increase my outs, how many different ways can Biden give himself a chance to win. Now that said you need to limit that window to states that demographically backup the polls and in this case AZ now falls into that especially with the 2018 Senate win there.

Other things he does need to campaign where there are senate races that matter if he is close. So think Iowa, a state he probably doesn't win, but even if he does it isn't the tipping point, but if that Senate race stays close he probably doesn't want to ignore it.

So first battleground states that are tossups most every site..

PA
          WI
          MI
          AZ
          FL
          NC

He has to campaign there and spend there. One of those 6 states are likely to be the tipping point states. After that he has to look at states where he can help build Dem momentum long term and where they can win Senate seats.

GA - It works both ways two senate races that are only lean R and a state that is trending to the left demographically.

NC - Demo shift, huge senate race, tossup state

AZ - Senate race, demographic shift and a tossup

Maine - Good state for Democrats and a big Senate race

CO - Good state for Democrats big senate race

IA - Was a purple state not long ago and Ernst isn't popular so the seat could become a tossup.

PA, WI, MI, and FL - Just matter for the Pres, but they are huge.

MT, KS, AL - big senate races but Biden won't help by going so no need for him to worry about the.

NC and AZ have the trifecta here of being demo shift, pres tossup, and big senate races. Sad to say but I don't expect to see Biden or Trump in many other states as they just don't matter. You could say TX, but I don't believe it is that close yet and unless that Senate race gets close I would not expect to see Biden trying to play there.

Comment

• Man, anyone see the claims Bolton made in his book? https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/17/p...ned/index.html

Not all that surprising to me, but I wonder if any of it will be disappointing to his supporters. Many if them probably won't care that Trump seemed tickled pink by China building more concentration camps and suppressing religious minorities. They probably see him imposing or lifting sanctions based entirely on whether they helped him get elected by appeasing American farmers rather than care one iota about human rights violations as putting America first. And I am sure his demands to Barr to jail CNN reporters will be well received by them as well.

I do wonder if those thinking he is secretly smarter than he lets on will wonder at how he could think Finland was part of Russia or that Venezuela is part of the US. I wonder if those thinking he is a dove will be given pause at how much he wanted to attack Venezuela.

Comment

• None of his base will give a shit about any of this. But he's hemorrhaging voters everywhere else and they will... And they won't be coming back.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Supreme Court strikes down Trump's DACA challenge.

Guy can't buy a break.
                "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Comment

• Trump's tweet, "Do you get the impression that the Supreme Court doesn’t like me?"

Them, and a majority of Americans, as well as, all humanity.

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                      Trump's tweet, "Do you get the impression that the Supreme Court doesn’t like me?"

Them, and a majority of Americans, as well as, all humanity.
                      I just find it hilarious and frightening that none of his supporters recognize just crazy it is for someone to have such an ego as to think that the SC makes or doesn't make decisions based on liking or not liking Trump. That attitude informs every single decision he makes and every single opinion he has about others. There is no right or wrong to Trump only "for me" and "against me." It continues to boggle my mind that anyone can't see that as a fatal flaw in a president.

Comment

• The Trump rally at the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma on Saturday is expected to attract 19,000 people. Most of them won't be wearing masks in the indoor arena. This should go well.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          The Trump rally at the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma on Saturday is expected to attract 19,000 people. Most of them won't be wearing masks in the indoor arena. This should go well.
                          be nice, racist lives matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            The Trump rally at the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma on Saturday is expected to attract 19,000 people. Most of them won't be wearing masks in the indoor arena. This should go well.
                            And like clockwork, El Stupido attempts to quash the first amendment rights of Americans by threatening violence against protestors who might be considering exercising those rights at his rally in Tulsa.
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• My wife is heading out of town for a couple of weeks, so I am bacheloring for awhile. I wonder never subject my wife to this, but I have this weird fascination to watch Trump's Rally tomorrow night. I disagree with him on so many issues, and find him to be absolutely horrible person. As a pure communications event I want to watch this rally from his first statement until his last. I want to understand where people find the connection.

When Trump was doing daily press conference it was the highlight of my day, as I could rage watch those. I'd get angry and laugh at the same time.

Is it odd that I want to watch this tomorrow. I'm a moth to a flame...

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                And like clockwork, El Stupido attempts to quash the first amendment rights of Americans by threatening violence against protestors who might be considering exercising those rights at his rally in Tulsa.
                                I really hope the protestors come well protected.
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X