This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    he certainly did give the finger to Trump, now didn't he.
    That he did. So did McCain, for all it matters now.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• This F*ckin Guy.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I continue to b amazed at how brazen Trump is in favoring personal loyalty to him above any and all other factors. Say mean things about him, he sues, even if they are true. Say nice things about him, get your sentence commuted. Being nice to Trump is a virtue to be rewarded. Being mean to Trump is a sin to be punished. That is the continuum of right and wrong for him above all else.

Comment

• Every time I read about his latest pardon, I envision when Bane frees all the criminals from the Gotham prisons...…..
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            Every time I read about his latest pardon, I envision when Bane frees all the criminals from the Gotham prisons...…..
            Lol. Bane was more articulate, though.

Comment

• As much as I loathe both Barr and Trump, I hope Trump continues to ignore Barr's veritable pleas to stop tweeting about DOJ investigations and that Barr is driven to resign. I suspect Trump would appoint Guiliani or someone else just as bad, but hopefully some swingable voters in some swingable states are moved to vote against Trump based on how brazenly he disregards every rational norm or caution in service of his own ego.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                As much as I loathe both Barr and Trump, I hope Trump continues to ignore Barr's veritable pleas to stop tweeting about DOJ investigations and that Barr is driven to resign. I suspect Trump would appoint Guiliani or someone else just as bad, but hopefully some swingable voters in some swingable states are moved to vote against Trump based on how brazenly he disregards every rational norm or caution in service of his own ego.
                This is crazy talk.

Impeachment was based on "violating the norms". It moved Trump's job approval from 40% up to 49%. His supporters and independents support breaking of governmental norms and procedures. They love it.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                  As much as I loathe both Barr and Trump, I hope Trump continues to ignore Barr's veritable pleas to stop tweeting about DOJ investigations and that Barr is driven to resign. I suspect Trump would appoint Guiliani or someone else just as bad, but hopefully some swingable voters in some swingable states are moved to vote against Trump based on how brazenly he disregards every rational norm or caution in service of his own ego.
                  It would not matter nearly as much as it would have two years ago. Trump knows who is who now. He can get a competent man that will put up with him.

That said, have you noticed how far Trump has backed off?

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  This is crazy talk. Impeachment was based on "violating the norms". It moved Trump's job approval from 40% up to 49%. His supporters and independents support breaking of governmental norms and procedures. They love it.
                  Where did you get that idea? Impeachment was not about violating the norms, because what Trump did was normal.

Impeachment was a bone to throw to the red meat base and they could not find anything real after three years of digging.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    what Trump did was normal.
                    Ummm, no it wasn't?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Ummm, no it wasn't?
                      context is everything ... for a narcissistic pathological liar, of course what he did was normal ...

it's okay, I speak onejay ...
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• So the Dope thinks Ruth Bader Ginsburg should recuse herself from all cases involving him, because she didn't support him in 2016? This guy!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          So the Dope thinks Ruth Bader Ginsburg should recuse herself from all cases involving him, because she didn't support him in 2016? This guy!
                          Totally normal.

Comment

• So the Dope-in-Chief holds a press conference yesterday to assuage fears about the CoronaVirus and blames the Democratic Debates as the reason why the stock market tanked (which appears to easily be his biggest concern).

"“I really think the stock market is something I know a lot about,” he said. “I think it took a hit maybe for two reasons.” One, he said, was coronavirus, and the effect it was having on business and supply chains. However, he said, “I think they looked at the people you watched debating last night and they say, if there’s any possibility that can happen. I think it really takes a hit because of that.”

He went on, a little later, “I think the financial markets are very upset when they look at the Democrat candidates standing on that stage making fools out of themselves, and they say, ‘if we ever have a president like this,’ and there’s always a possibility, it’s an election. when they look at the statements made by the people standing behind those podiums, I think that has a huge effect.”

The Stock Market tumble came on Monday and Tuesday, and the Democratic Debate was....wait for it......Tuesday night.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              So the Dope-in-Chief holds a press conference yesterday to assuage fears about the CoronaVirus and blames the Democratic Debates as the reason why the stock market tanked (which appears to easily be his biggest concern).

"“I really think the stock market is something I know a lot about,” he said. “I think it took a hit maybe for two reasons.” One, he said, was coronavirus, and the effect it was having on business and supply chains. However, he said, “I think they looked at the people you watched debating last night and they say, if there’s any possibility that can happen. I think it really takes a hit because of that.”

He went on, a little later, “I think the financial markets are very upset when they look at the Democrat candidates standing on that stage making fools out of themselves, and they say, ‘if we ever have a president like this,’ and there’s always a possibility, it’s an election. when they look at the statements made by the people standing behind those podiums, I think that has a huge effect.”

The Stock Market tumble came on Monday and Tuesday, and the Democratic Debate was....wait for it......Tuesday night.
                              Geenus

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Linear time is an illusion. Trump is smart enough to understand that.

Comment

Working...
                                X