Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump was reportedly furious over the media leak about his six campaign staffers who were diagnosed as positive for COVID-19 prior to the rally. They were quarantined in their hotel rooms in Tulsa and did not attend the event.

And now two secret service agents have also tested positive for COVID-19.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Trump claims that large groups of thug protestors outside the arena discouraged people from attending his rally.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Trump campaign officials said that more than a million people had registered to attend the rally, and one local official stated that they expected 100,000 to show up near the arena.

Looks like about 990,000+ stayed home:

The only person wearing a mask in the place is sitting by himself in the upper level.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          Thing is, you're gonna have Trump Supporters, Militia who may or may not support Trump, but will be locked and loaded, Anti Covid folks who again, may or may not support Trump but think Covid is a myth or social distancing and the like are trampling their rights all either IN Tula now or arriving tonight or tomorrow for a rally (which is said to have about 20K in attendance but there will be a lot more than that out and about)a few blocks from where tens of thousands (they have estimated over 100K) people in town celebrating Juneteenth, in addition of the protestors there who are-- Anti Trump, Pro Covid Protection (maybe not anti Trump) anti Milita (again, maybe not anti trump), BLM, anti Police brutality etc, etc all starting in their respective places, but whom are sure to co mingle at sometime over the next 48 hours.

Not to mention the POtuS's threat to meet the protestors with violence and Tulsa's track record on race relations and yeah--it's a powder keg.

If they can avoid any major incident, it'll be a miracle, that said--I just hope the body count stays in single digits.
          Excellent outcome, no violence, no fatalities and only 2 arrests for minor stuff.

Oh and apparently only 25 people showed up at the rally.

Good day for all indeed.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Just 6,200 showed up, according to the Tulsa Fire Department, a far cry from the "one million" who supposedly requested tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Just 6,200 showed up, according to the Tulsa Fire Department, a far cry from the "one million" who supposedly requested tickets.
              I'm sure it will be because of violent protesters or Obama.

Comment

• I think i figured out what happened to those other 994,000 Trump supporters:

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• looks like I was wrong and it turned out to be a nothing burger (I don't understand that phrase). just when you've given up hope for our species, we do something amazing

Comment

• wait.. where is Tulas OK?

Comment

• As more republicans peel off from team-Trump, is there a tipping point at which his supporters realize they are choosing Trump over not only country, but party too? How many times can you label a long time Republican as a traitor or an ex-employee with an ax to grind? How many times must supporters be told plainly and unequivocally, but long-time party loyalist who have never spoken out of turn against anyone else in this manner, that Donald Trump is an incompetent, immoral, buffoon, before it sinks in?

Bolton is the latest to state clearly he will vote for Joe Biden, and he says it isn't a betrayal of Republican ideals, because Trump doesn't have or represent them. He lays it all out plain as day. I'm sure he will be written off by many for reasons. But he is one more voice in a chorus singing our doom if we reelect this man: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...Sxj?li=BBnbfcL

“In 2016 I voted for Trump over Hillary Clinton,” he said. “Now, having seen this president up close, I cannot do this again. My concern is for the country, and he does not represent the Republican cause that I want to back.”

“The president does not have a philosophical grounding or strategy,” he explained. “He does not know the difference between the national interest of the U.S., and the interests of Donald Trump. There is confusion over the national interest and his personal interest, which is very dangerous for the country.”

“He came in with very little personal knowledge of how government worked, and he had no interest in learning,” he claimed. “There has been no president in the past century who has followed this approach.”

And Mr Bolton, who previously served as US Ambassador to the UN under President George W Bush, says he felt compelled to write the book to let the American people know how their country was being run.

“When you are in a senior position you have an obligation to tell the truth,” he explained. “I was concerned after 17 months in the administration that he (Mr Trump) did not have the requisite competence to be president, and the American people need to know about that.”

Comment

• A fitting post for Father's Day: Donald Trump's niece plans to release a memoir next month (if Donald doesn't get it blocked, which he says he will do) titled Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World's Most Dangerous Man.

One of the things she says of Trump: he "dismissed and derided" his father when he started to suffer from Alzheimer's. Donald denies, but it does seem like a very Donald thing to do. He very much enjoys mocking weakness in any form, even if comes from his own father's Alzheimer's. What a human being this country elected. What a damning indictment of our country if we do it again.

Comment

• Fuck John Bolton for putting his own interests above the country's, and a hypocrite to boot.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            Fuck John Bolton for putting his own interests above the country's, and a hypocrite to boot.
                            Very true. BTW, Bolton is a very dangerous man himself (not from lack of convictions in his case, but in having the wrong ones) and it scared me that we'd get into a war when Trump brought him on board. But he speaks the truth here. One devil denouncing another.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              Very true. BTW, Bolton is a very dangerous man himself (not from lack of convictions in his case, but in having the wrong ones) and it scared me that we'd get into a war when Trump brought him on board. But he speaks the truth here. One devil denouncing another.
                              Sure, but there's no chance he represents the tipping point, nor should he. I love that his book already leaked and I tried reading it but quit after ten pages. He's a raging narcissist himself and his writings are smothered with self-praise.
                              Last edited by DMT; 06-21-2020, 10:31 PM.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Bolton is not voting for Biden - he said he would write in some conservative Republican.

Comment

Working...
                                X