This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    You already had yours. You punished him for four years for winning the election.

You know how it works. Your side struck out, so Trump is at bat now.

J
    Eat a bag of dicks.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Hilariously pathetic that 1J reappears shortly after RBG passes.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Hilariously pathetic that 1J reappears shortly after RBG passes.
        The day before actually. Mostly, I have been keeping to the baseball forum, but I was here Thursday. I have to use IE to run this site for some reason (I detest IE) and the trolls are cranky. Did Doig not get his coffee this morning?

Most likely scenario. Trump nominates RBG's replacement before the election, with contingency plans to confirm in the lame duck session. When Trump is reelected and the Senate is still Republican the plans stay plans and the new Congress takes up the nomination as the first order of business.

If anyone doubts that Trump is likely to win reelection, go to the polls that have Biden ahead 6%or more. See if one of the questions is, "Who do you think will win the election?" and check the results. Biden has had free hand to do anything he wanted all summer and he barely made headway. Now the scrutiny is a little higher, voters are paying closer attention and the polls are tightening. It's like 2016, only Trump is in a much better position, whereas Biden's is far weaker. This much does not even count the pros and cons of the candidates.

There are four groups--people who hate Trump, people who love Trump, people who tolerate Trump because of the job he is doing (eg chancellor), and undecided voters. The first point is that there is no Biden group. The second point is that the undecided group does not hate Trump. Bearing all this in mind, I am quite comfortable saying that it's Trump's race to lose. Biden went out as hard and fast as he could, but he's tiring and the lead is not big enough.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• A package containing the poison ricin and addressed to President Donald Trump was intercepted by law enforcement earlier this week, according to two law enforcement officials.

Jeez, everyone knows that the only way it can be done successfully is to sit by a sixth story window with a difficult to operate old rifle and wait for him to drive by directly underneath the window and then wait a little bit longer until he is half a block away before firing off 3 long distance shots in 3 seconds. This method has been proven by numerous government experts to be the only way for success.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              A package containing the poison ricin and addressed to President Donald Trump was intercepted by law enforcement earlier this week, according to two law enforcement officials.

Jeez, everyone knows that the only way it can be done successfully is to sit by a sixth story window with a difficult to operate old rifle and wait for him to drive by directly underneath the window and then wait a little bit longer until he is half a block away before firing off 3 long distance shots in 3 seconds. This method has been proven by numerous government experts to be the only way for success.
              We got our ways....
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                Watching your chances in this election?

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                We got our ways....
                And Trump has his. Last check he was ahead about 20 - 0.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• 20-0 must be in sexual assault allegations?

Comment

• 1J coming in here to "gloat" after months of hiding has to rank very highly among the douchiest moves in RJ history.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      1J coming in here to "gloat" after months of hiding has to rank very highly among the douchiest moves in RJ history.
                      He can only work with what he's got.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        Watching your chances in this election?

And Trump has his. Last check he was ahead about 20 - 0.

J
                        He may win. Does not change the fact that he is a misogynistic, name-calling, racist, bully, wannabe dictator. He's going to go down in history as the worst president ever and one of the worst human beings ever to walk this planet.
                        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                          He may win. Does not change the fact that he is a misogynistic, name-calling, racist, bully, wannabe dictator. He's going to go down in history as the worst president ever and one of the worst human beings ever to walk this planet.
                          Not if he has anything to say about how the history books are written, and if he wins, he has made is explicit that he will: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...e-b482696.html

Donald Trump has been ridiculed over plans for a “patriotic education” commission for American schools, with critics comparing the proposals to Nazi Germany’s Hitler Youth programme.

Speaking at what was dubbed the White House Conference on American History, the US president said children had undergone “decades of leftwing indoctrination”, as he set out plans for a “patriotic education” programme.

"We're launching a new pro-American lesson plan for students called [the] 1776 Commission,” he told an audience. “We're going to teach our children the truth about America."

Twitter users soon mocked the president, with one person comparing his speech at the National Archives to “straight up Nazi rhetoric”.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            Not if he has anything to say about how the history books are written, and if he wins, he has made is explicit that he will: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...e-b482696.html

Donald Trump has been ridiculed over plans for a “patriotic education” commission for American schools, with critics comparing the proposals to Nazi Germany’s Hitler Youth programme.

Speaking at what was dubbed the White House Conference on American History, the US president said children had undergone “decades of leftwing indoctrination”, as he set out plans for a “patriotic education” programme.

"We're launching a new pro-American lesson plan for students called [the] 1776 Commission,” he told an audience. “We're going to teach our children the truth about America."

Twitter users soon mocked the president, with one person comparing his speech at the National Archives to “straight up Nazi rhetoric”.
                            My first two sentences still stand.
                            “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Good point.

Comment

He's not even the worst human who is also a living President. He's no Jimmy Carter, but he's also no Bill Clinton.

As to evaluation him as a President, you must set aside the personality and look at policy and execution. Any reasonable and fair minded person will conclude he is a good President based on the performance of his administration.

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                                Not intact.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                                X