This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Here is Biden talking about NY raising min wage to $15 four years ago. He is strong in his support for a min wage hike for many years now. It was one of his big push issues. It seems a weird thing to focus on suggesting he is trying to hide from that part of his platform. I guess you are saying, he needs to remind folks that he has always been for this?

Because they're obtuse yet need to feel smarter than everyone else.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      Calling me stupid again, such mature discourse. Quote the article and prove your point, smart guy. Always so devoid of substance. It makes me laugh.

Also, i specifically hope Trump is elected so that you suffer. If the rest of Americans are affected, I guess they're just collateral damage. But I'll enjoy every ounce of your suffering. You deserve it. I'll feel bad for the rest of America, but I'll concentrate on the bright side of your personal suffering.

Not one person has addressed the fact that $15/hr is in the platform and Biden NEVER mentions it... you refuse to address his team's promotion of Snyder's endorsement... you're unwilling to argue on facts, just hurl personal insults. You bring nothing.
      I don't need to quote from an article to show how stupid you are. You do all the heavy lifting yourself.

And it's pathetic that you would wish suffering on me personally. I won't stoop to your level because from what you've posted, you've already suffered enough. Maybe that's why you're such an asshole, but more likely you were just born that way. Either way, I pity you.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Here is Biden's website, where he outlines his whole plan for empowering workers. It explicitly includes raising minimum wage to $15 an hour, among many other good things to help workers. I don't understand how someone could believe he is running from this issue. He spells it all out here and has advocated for this many times in the past. https://joebiden.com/empowerworkers/#

As president, Biden will ensure that workers receive the pay and dignity they deserve. He will:

Increase the federal minimum wage to $15. As Vice President, Biden helped get state and local laws increasing the minimum wage across the finish line – including in New York State – and has supported eliminating the tipped minimum wage. He firmly believes all Americans are owed a raise, and it’s well past time we increase the federal minimum wage to $15 across the country. This increase would include workers who aren’t currently earning the minimum wage, like the farmworkers who grow our food and domestic workers who care for our aging and sick and for those with disabilities. As president, Biden will also support indexing the minimum wage to the median hourly wage so that low-wage workers’ wages keep up with those of middle income workers.

Comment

• SM you're wasting your time. TW has been bashing Biden from Day 1 and he's not going to let reality get in the way of his narrative. As I've said before, he's a mirror reflection of the MAGAts.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Biden platform is as different from trump, and as progressive as there ever has been for leading candidate. In particular the clean energy future and efforts to reverse climate change damage caused by trump admin appeals to younger voters. As does the $15 an hour min wage. As does building on ACA to insure everyone has coverage. As does Bidens priority to Reassert America’s commitment to asylum-seekers and refugees and reverse damage caused by trumps racist agenda. Actually, you could spend a couple hours reading up on Bidens platform, it is spelled out online, is far reaching, detailed, and is as polar opposite to trump as could be.

The fact that some 100 repub lawmakers have endorsed Biden, over trump, just shows there are some who embrace humanity over sadism https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...00-republicans likewise it is not bad that some 100 former Mccain staffers endorse Biden over trump https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/27/u...den-trump.html . Or that 175+ high ranking current and former law enforcement officials endorse Biden https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...orse-biden-say

Biden support is not confined to the sliver that would have been the AOC/hardcore Bernie ultra leftwing, though it does encompass that. As well as run of the mill dems. And moderates and independants. And also wide swaths of republicans. Every sane person or group is firming up support for Biden. The trump support is largely non college degree non senior white men. Also what is called the bible belt, the long corridors in the south where you will see trump signs outnumber biden dozens to one, the hardcore racists, who would never see themselves as that but rather wear MAGA not just as a red hat, but deep into their hearts, make america white again, and they are beyond hardcore, and measure in the many millions.

Biden support is across the aisle and incredibly wide spread https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrews.../#18c584921e6c including every living former president

Election day will be a loooonnng 2 weeks, and there will be violence that we have not seen in this country in decades. Because the cult of Maga measures many millions.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Because they're obtuse yet need to feel smarter than everyone else.
              You can't be both?

Dammit!
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Here is Biden talking about NY raising min wage to $15 four years ago. He has been strong in his support for a min wage hike for many years now. It seems a weird thing to focus on suggesting he is trying to hide from that part of his platform (I could see it more for something else, but Biden has always been for this). I guess you are saying, he needs to remind folks that he has always been for this? Any voter with any info on Joe Biden should know he is for this.

You think posting a clip of him talking about $15/hr from four years ago proves your point?!!! LOL!

Nice try. This election cycle, show me him promoting it and I'll let it go.

Within the fucking article you posted it proclaims his strength on police reform, when Biden just strongly came out against defunding police! Its idiotic!

Believing a politician on whether or not they'll follow through on party platform promises depends how often and how passionately they make the case. Nobody is going to his fucking website that doesn't already support him, he has to say the darn words. Unless you can show me a few examples of recent, even brief mentions of it, this video from 4 years ago isn't enough.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

You think posting a clip of him talking about $15/hr from four years ago proves your point?!!! LOL!

Within the fucking article you posted it proclaims his strength on police reform, when Biden just strongly came out against defunding police! Its idiotic!

Believing a politician on whether or not they'll follow through on party platform promises depends how often and how passionately they make the case. Nobody is going to his fucking website that doesn't already support him, he has to say the darn words. Unless you can show me a few examples of recent, even brief mentions of it, this video from 4 years ago isn't enough.
                  Dude, you want him out front and center every day talking about this when you and I both know he isn't up to being out there every day talking about anything!

He has a long record of support of raising minimum wage that, to my knowledge, has never faltered. If a voter cannot find that and see that, they are not a very informed voter. I am sure you are right that Sanders would have gotten the message out there better on this and other issues, but that ship has sailed. This is the guy we have, and on this issue, he has been crystal clear on his position for a long time.

Comment

He tweeted it two days ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                      Oh snap! (I'm old). But do the youth voters use this thing called twitter you speak of?!

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                        Thats great to see, thanks!
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• So Trump is now advocating Extra Judicial excecutions citing "there must be retribution"

Retribution works both ways pal.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            So Trump is now advocating Extra Judicial excecutions citing "there must be retribution"

Retribution works both ways pal.
                            Link?
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              Link?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                So Trump is now advocating Extra Judicial excecutions citing "there must be retribution" Retribution works both ways pal.
                                You already had yours. You punished him for four years for winning the election.

You know how it works. Your side struck out, so Trump is at bat now.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X