This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
    Honestly though, I dont think you are going to find enough people on the R side to jump ship and start voting against the President - so McConell is more than likely just not wasting people's time. They may have voted 100-0 - I just dont see them voting against the Pres and McConnell isnt going to put them in that position - apparently.
    McConnell, much like Pelosi, is very good at what he does. The GOP caucus would really, really have to turn against Trump to get him to allow a vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Trump didn't fuck up. The people who believed him did.
      Oh - so the nearly 63 million people that voted for Trump are to blame - because all 63 million of them couldnt find a better candidate to vote for. Yep all 63 million racists, bigots, misogynists, and what ever other label you want to call them. Yep they all voted Trump and its their fault.....

Or is it the fault of the:

500,000 people in Ohio that voted Trump rather than Clinton (18 electoral votes)
      50,000 people in PA that voted Trump rather than Clinton (20 electoral votes)
      200,000 people in WI that voted Trump rather than Clinton (10 electoral votes)
      200,000 people in NC that voted Trump rather than Clinton (15 electoral votes)

Is it possible just possible - and you really need to consider this - that people voted against HRC, because she was a horrible candidate? because she is passionless and couldnt rally or get people motivated? If you look at 3 or 4 states Trump won - if she could have gotten the votes from the 3rd party candidates she would have won. All of those "wasted" votes for Johnson or Stein in states like AZ, FL, MI, PA, and WI. Yep - many of those votes very likely were votes of "No Confidence" in EITHER PARTY.

It sucks we have Trump! Im not a fan in general. I have been fine with his SCOTUS nominees and a couple other things - but I think he is an ass.
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Honestly though, I dont think you are going to find enough people on the R side to jump ship and start voting against the President - so McConell is more than likely just not wasting people's time. They may have voted 100-0 - I just dont see them voting against the Pres and McConnell isnt going to put them in that position - apparently.
        136 GOPers in the House (and 11 Senators) just voted with the Dems yesterday to vote against Trump's lifting of sanctions on Russia. Cracks are starting to form. The pressure of the shutdown is starting to fall on their shoulders.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          136 GOPers in the House (and 11 Senators) just voted with the Dems yesterday to vote against Trump's lifting of sanctions on Russia. Cracks are starting to form. The pressure of the shutdown is starting to fall on their shoulders.
          You may end up being right in the long term. However, both parties are playing some sort of scorched earth and one of them is going to have to be willing to come to the table and get less than what they may have started asking for. In the long run, that is the party that will come out looking better.
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Hillary Clinton absolutely won the most primary votes from actual primary voters, whether viewed holistically across the entire primary electorate, or state-by-state. Are there good reasons to dislike the Superdelegate component of the Democratic Primaries? Absolutely, and I'm glad they largely stripped them of their role in determining the nominee, but I think it's absurd to suggest that Clinton was not the choice of actual primary voters when she won the most primary votes by a substantial margin. (And not for nothing, but she also won the most real voters' general election votes by a wide margin. So to suggest that the DNC "picked" Clinton and not the voters, or to suggest that she was an absurd nominee because she was so unappealing to voters, when she won both the American Democratic primary voters by a large margin and the American general election voters by a large margin is pretty absurd analysis.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
              Hillary Clinton absolutely won the most primary votes from actual primary voters, whether viewed holistically across the entire primary electorate, or state-by-state. Are there good reasons to dislike the Superdelegate component of the Democratic Primaries? Absolutely, and I'm glad they largely stripped them of their role in determining the nominee, but I think it's absurd to suggest that Clinton was not the choice of actual primary voters when she won the most primary votes by a substantial margin. (And not for nothing, but she also won the most real voters' general election votes by a wide margin. So to suggest that the DNC "picked" Clinton and not the voters, or to suggest that she was an absurd nominee because she was so unappealing to voters, when she won both the American Democratic primary voters by a large margin and the American general election voters by a large margin is pretty absurd analysis.
              Par for the course. Just like blaming Democrats equally for this shutdown when the culpability is so obviously and completely on Trump and McConnell.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Trump isn't getting another wall (there are plenty of walls along the border, an annoying lie of omission perpetrated by most of the MSM), it's just a question of what disaster will be the final straw to make Republican Senators see the iceberg.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

• BG please stop saying how much you dislike Trump and then defending him (or attacking his opponents) in the very next post.

You're of course free to continue but it really undercuts everything you write.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    BG please stop saying how much you dislike Trump and then defending him (or attacking his opponents) in the very next post.

Attacking someone’s opponents doesn’t necessarily equate to supporting them but I guess my real question to you is ‘why are you the arbiter of what he is allowed to post’? We have chased a lot of folks away over the years—doesn’t make sense to keep doing it.

Comment

BG please stop saying how much you dislike Trump and then defending him (or attacking his opponents) in the very next post.

Thanks for your concern..... I dont like any of them... none of them... neither of the major parties...

I will have to admit I care less for the D party than I do the R's --- but I see both as just opposite sides of the same crappy coin.

I can approve of some things that Trump has done and still not actually like the guy - its called nuance...

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                        Attacking someone’s opponents doesn’t necessarily equate to supporting them but I guess my real question to you is ‘why are you the arbiter of what he is allowed to post’? We have chased a lot of folks away over the years—doesn’t make sense to keep doing it.
                        That's why I edited my post to add the second sentence. It's just worn out the whole "I'm an independent" shtick and both parties suck. Libertarianism is based on a mentality of "everything for me, nothing for anyone else". So stop pretending that it's such a great alternative. There's a reason it gains almost traction. It's abhorrent.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

• it's true that Hillary beat Bernie even without the superdelegates thumb on the scale.

meanwhile, it's getting a little weird that no media outlets have been able to confirm the Buzzfeed story from hours ago that Cohen will testify that Trump directed him to lie to Congress. Cohen's word is useless, but the story suggests that Mueller found this out via email etc and then went to Cohen who confirmed.

I can promise you that CNN, Wa Post and NY Times in particular are having every reporter who has ever met a law enforcement official pressure their sources to get their digs into this story. and if the sources really want this to roll, they wouldn't just let Buzzfeed be the lone wolf. not enough bang for the buck.

the story is plausible, experts say, in that it dovetails with some indictments language. I'm not sure what to make of it yet.
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Thanks for your concern..... I dont like any of them... none of them... neither of the major parties...

I will have to admit I care less for the D party than I do the R's --- but I see both as just opposite sides of the same crappy coin.

I can approve of some things that Trump has done and still not actually like the guy - its called nuance...
                            Funny that you claim to be 'nuanced' when the main thrust of most of your arguments is "both sides suck".
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

That's why I edited my post to add the second sentence. It's just worn out the whole "I'm an independent" shtick and both parties suck. Libertarianism is based on a mentality of "everything for me, nothing for anyone else". So stop pretending that it's such a great alternative. There's a reason it gains almost traction. It's abhorrent.
                              Gotcha. Party of tolerance, right? How about I stop pretending Libertarianism is a great alternative, when you stop pretending liberalism is. Typical inclusive liberal—as long as my world view is the same as yours (I do respect your views on anti-militrarianism, FWIW).

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                                it's true that Hillary beat Bernie even without the superdelegates thumb on the scale.

meanwhile, it's getting a little weird that no media outlets have been able to confirm the Buzzfeed story from hours ago that Cohen will testify that Trump directed him to lie to Congress. Cohen's word is useless, but the story suggests that Mueller found this out via email etc and then went to Cohen who confirmed.

I can promise you that CNN, Wa Post and NY Times in particular are having every reporter who has ever met a law enforcement official pressure their sources to get their digs into this story. and if the sources really want this to roll, they wouldn't just let Buzzfeed be the lone wolf. not enough bang for the buck.

the story is plausible, experts say, in that it dovetails with some indictments language. I'm not sure what to make of it yet.
                                It is bizarre but Buzzfeed would be done if this story is fabricated...I can't imagine they'd commit suicide to dominate a news cycle or two.
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X