X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Racism is a powerful emotion.
    IDK. I think it is more than that. Few people hate others enough to sacrifice their own lives and the lives of those they love. That is what they are doing with Trump. Many must have the misguided notion they are dying for their way of life, culture, etc.

Comment

• And Trump continues to lean in to the attempt to paint himself as the only human being his followers can trust, to try to discredit all those that oppose him, to try to make it all about him, and continue to assuredly cost the lives of many in doing so. He shared this tweet this morning:

“Everyone is lying. The CDC, Media, Democrats, our Doctors, not all but most, that we are told to trust. I think it's all about the election and keeping the economy from coming back, which is about the election. I'm sick of it,” Woolery wrote in a tweet shared by the president.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        IDK. I think it is more than that. Few people hate others enough to sacrifice their own lives and the lives of those they love. That is what they are doing with Trump. Many must have the misguided notion they are dying for their way of life, culture, etc.
        I would guess that racism was the underlying reason and that this far down the road very few people are willing to admit that they were wrong and do an about-face on Trump.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

And Trump continues to lean in to the attempt to paint himself as the only human being his followers can trust, to try to discredit all those that oppose him, to try to make it all about him, and continue to assuredly cost the lives of many in doing so. He shared this tweet this morning:

“Everyone is lying. The CDC, Media, Democrats, our Doctors, not all but most, that we are told to trust. I think it's all about the election and keeping the economy from coming back, which is about the election. I'm sick of it,” Woolery wrote in a tweet shared by the president.
          He's still alive?!?

He can go join Dopey in hell in November. Back in Two and Two!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            He's still alive?!?

He can go join Dopey in hell in November. Back in Two and Two!
            Yes, well, it is fitting that the POTUS, a reality star, takes the word of a former tv game show host as gospel over the words of scientists and experts. If one reality star can be the best president the world has ever known, as Trump believes himself to be, than the host of the Dating Game can and should know more than infectious disease experts.

ETA: Also, they share a orangeman kinship.

Comment

Yes, well, it is fitting that the POTUS, a reality star, takes the word of a former tv game show host as gospel over the words of scientists and experts. If one reality star can be the best president the world has ever known, as Trump believes himself to be, than the host of the Dating Game can and should know more than infectious disease experts.

ETA: Also, they share a orangeman kinship.
              If you can't trust the host of Love Connection, who can you trust?

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                If you can't trust the host of Love Connection, who can you trust?
                Well, I trusted him and the cathered he touted had spurs all over it! It made things very painful. But he told me it was made in America, and buying it would support America against its Jewish and Muslim enemies, so I did it. Sometimes you gotta take one for the team! But they are expensive, because he told me Medicare pays for them but I saw him say in another video that Medicare is just the libs way of taking away our freedom to pay for medical care ourselves, so I don't use it.

Comment

• And here he teaches us that assault weapons are great and needed, because Ice-T said so, because other countries fear not our army, but our armed citizens, so assault weapons, not the military are what really keep us safe from invasion, and that hand guns are dangerous too, so assault weapon bans are silly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    Racism is a powerful emotion.
                    I don't believe Racism is an Emotion.. It's Ignorance, lack of Education or comprehension abilities, it's sometime a mental illness or genetic disorder it can BE emotional, but in the end--it's all about being a dick.
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                      I don't believe Racism is an Emotion.. It's Ignorance, lack of Education or comprehension abilities, it's sometime a mental illness or genetic disorder it can BE emotional, but in the end--it's all about being a dick.
                      I agree with most of this - especially the conclusion - only on lack of education do I disagree. I also think racism is much more trained into kids than innate.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Racism is systemic, having been in existence since the founding of our country. Yes, racism at the individual level is inexcusable and evil, but it exists all around us in our institutions and harms POC every day even when they don't encounter individual racists.

But I do agree with mith that many of Trump's supporters are drawn to his racism because it gives them cover for their own abhorrent views and behaviors.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Racism is systemic, having been in existence since the founding of our country. Yes, racism at the individual level is inexcusable and evil, but it exists all around us in our institutions and harms POC every day even when they don't encounter individual racists.

But I do agree with mith that many of Trump's supporters are drawn to his racism because it gives them cover for their own abhorrent views and behaviors.
                          IMO, if they are on some kind of government assistance, his supporters believe they DESERVE it, but if minorities are also on the same government assistance, they are TAKING ADVANTAGE of the system.

So I'm not entirely certain it's an out and out hatred of POCs, but more like they tend to think they don't deserve anything they may be getting, unlike the Trumpies, who work hard and just can't make ends meet (or some BS like that).

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            IMO, if they are on some kind of government assistance, his supporters believe they DESERVE it, but if minorities are also on the same government assistance, they are TAKING ADVANTAGE of the system.

So I'm not entirely certain it's an out and out hatred of POCs, but more like they tend to think they don't deserve anything they may be getting, unlike the Trumpies, who work hard and just can't make ends meet (or some BS like that).
                            Maybe, but that's splitting hairs and their belief that they are more deserving of benefits is dehumanizing to POC and just as bad.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              Maybe, but that's splitting hairs and their belief that they are more deserving of benefits is dehumanizing to POC and just as bad.
                              Oh absolutely. And a Trumpie will vote against their best interests if it means that minorities will lose as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                I agree with most of this - especially the conclusion - only on lack of education do I disagree. I also think racism is much more trained into kids than innate.
                                The lack of education, IMO, contributes to the difficulty comprehending and the ignorance in some cases.
                                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X