This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I agree with this/heyelander's interpretation of Trump's words, and I don't get those who quibble over things that could be honestly taken a few different ways, because there are so many clear cut things he says that are appalling. But as far as why he would be insensitive to 9/11 victims, he has already shown the ability to do that when he crowed about having the tallest building left, with pride, right after the towers went down. This is a man who spent all his time eulogizing his father by talking about himself, and how proud his father way of how great he was. Everything is about him. Nothing else matters.
    No question he is a malignant narcissist, but I believe his idiocy is the culprit in this instance.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      There are a lot of people and families that this bill will be helping, so many in fact that I don't know if the stage will hold them, but I want them to come up here (so I can show off) and be recognized.

That's how I took it.
      I guess this would make sense for any normal person. I'm 50/50 on his intent, could be either interpretation. I took it in line with his comments about Puerto Ricans, trolling crisis victims saying "we're spending a lot of money on you".

It's probably the non-malicious version, but the fact that it wouldn't make the top 50 most disgusting things he's said if it were a genuine joke about 9/11... well, that says something.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        I guess this would make sense for any normal person. I'm 50/50 on his intent, could be either interpretation. I took it in line with his comments about Puerto Ricans, trolling crisis victims saying "we're spending a lot of money on you".

It's probably the non-malicious version, but the fact that it wouldn't make the top 50 most disgusting things he's said if it were a genuine joke about 9/11... well, that says something.
        Glad to see Heyelander explained it in how I saw it.
        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Rep. Elijah Cummings house apparently was burglarized and the Moron inhabiting the White House says "Too Bad!"

I hope Americans remember those words, so on the day he's impeached/loses/worse, we can all have a great laugh and say "Too Bad!"

Top 5 Ever!!

Comment

• did you ever wonder what "talk about a double-edged sword!" means?

Jay Rosen
            @jayrosen_nyu
            ·
            37m
            Incredible quote. Jake Tapper says he spoke to a senior national security official who told him. “Everyone at this point ignores what the president says and just does their job. The American people should take some measure of confidence in that.”
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Dan Coats out as Director of National Intelligence, to be replaced by crazy Trump crony Rep. John Ratcliffe, whose chief claim to fame is vociferously attacking Bob Mueller last week. Great, another Yes Man in this epic disaster of a regime (Top 5 ever!)

What's terribly sad about this -- which was completely inevitable, because Coats refused to lie for Trump to the American people -- is that in every appointment Dopey makes, he's trading the future of this country for his own short-term political gain. There has never been a president who has cared so little for this country and so much for his own personal ego than this clown.
              And crazy, totally unqualified Trumpie John Ratcliffe had his nomination for DNI rescinded by Dopey after it was discovered he may have "inflated" some of his terrorist-battling "accomplishments." When asked about his poor performance with vetting candidates ("only the best!"), Dumb Donny horrifically said he uses the media to vet candidates because it "saves a lot of money."

Dumb Donny, why you so dumb?

Comment

• Anyone want to put up $500 against Trump in 2020? I'm taking the re-elect side. and I am happy to have judge jude hold the money (if he is willing).

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                  Anyone want to put up $500 against Trump in 2020? I'm taking the re-elect side. and I am happy to have judge jude hold the money (if he is willing).
                  Depends what the Democratic ticket looks like. I might take that bet if its Bernie. He's the only one that can do it (unless Warren mimics Bernie, in which case she could squeak it out)

Ask again later.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Anyone want to put up $500 against Trump in 2020? I'm taking the re-elect side. and I am happy to have judge jude hold the money (if he is willing).
                    If Trump gets reelected, I don't need to deepen my despair. If he is defeated, I'm going to be far more happy than $500 could come close to making me.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I'd be happy to hold the money. Everyone who is in PM me for payment options.
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• A 21-year old kid with an AK-47 shot up a Wal-Mart in heavily Hispanic El Paso and killed at least 20. A manifesto on right-wing loony hangout 4Chan that was purportedly his shows he was angry at Hispanic immigrants, calling them "invaders," a term frequently used by the current occupant of the White House to describe the same group of people. Just horrifying.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          A 21-year old kid with an AK-47 shot up a Wal-Mart in heavily Hispanic El Paso and killed at least 20. A manifesto on right-wing loony hangout 4Chan that was purportedly his shows he was angry at Hispanic immigrants, calling them "invaders," a term frequently used by the current occupant of the White House to describe the same group of people. Just horrifying.
                          Given that Texas was once a apart of Mexico, I'd say the term "invaders" might not be factually correct. BTW, this murderous asshole was captured without incident, without a single shot fired by police. What do you think would have happened if he was Black?

And just where were all the "good guys with guns" that walk around trying to intimidate people by strapping semi autos on their backs while shopping?

Fuck this, it's well past time for serious gun control, nationwide...
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• How does inaction remain an option? No one is coming for your handgun or your hunting rifle and no citizen needs to own a military-style weapon.

The amount of paperwork and wait time many states put on acquiring a full driver's license is much more than it takes to buy your own killing machine.

Legislate women's right to choose, but ignore pushing forward any legislation to limit or track gun ownership.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

We do not have a well regulated Militia, we have unregulated people carrying a lot more than a single pellet musket with no record of who has it or how much they have. Just do the common sense things. Expand background checks and wait times. Eliminate the sales of assault-style weapons and high magazine weapons. I know that doesn't mean these go away, but if we do nothing we know what the result will be.

Comment

• 9 dead, 26 injured in a Dayton, Ohio shooting late last night. Unreal. Very few details so far, but the shooter had body armor, and sounds like he could've killed a lot more if police response was anything less than immediate.

Comment

Working...
                              X