Page 639 of 729 FirstFirst ... 139539589629637638639640641649689 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,390 of 7283

Thread: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by In the Corn View Post
    Gotta love the Commander in Chief outing one of his elite SEAL Teams...
    He is consistent...oh yeah and a stable genius.

Quote Originally Posted by In the Corn View Post
    Gotta love the Commander in Chief outing one of his elite SEAL Teams...
    https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...-video-1274326

fwiw, and it doesn't make the issue totally go away. but more info is better

"Pentagon officials said there was no violation of Defense Department security protocols after President Donald Trump posted a video to his official Twitter account posing with members of a special operations unit.

The Pentagon’s response comes two days after Trump and first lady Melania Trump secretly traveled to meet with American forces at al-Asad air base in Iraq in the president’s first overseas trip to a combat zone since being elected to office.

“The special operators voluntarily participated in this open press event,” said U.S. Air Force Lieutenant Colonel Carla Gleason, a Pentagon spokeswoman, in an email to Newsweek on Friday. “There was no security violation.”
    36th year in same 12-team NL 5x5
    KILLING it in June, now 6th
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP Scherzer 44, Roark 8, Samardzija 1, Mahle
    RP Jeffress 1, AMiller 14, Moronta, Dyson, Guerrero
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 3B TFrazier 2, 13 Belt 10, 2B KMarte 10, SS BCrawford 9, 2S CBarnes 8
    OF Harper 41, Eaton 18, CDickerson 17, Dyson 8, Bruce, UT Cooper
    IL: SP CSmith 1, SP PLopez 1, SP Cueto 1, 1B Beaty, SS EGonzalez 2, OF Quinn*
    minors: OF NWilliams 2, OF Daza, OF RDavis

we've truly elected a sociopath: https://t.co/SykxCFNbTX

South of the Cheedar Curtain, in the land of the FIBs
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight J View Post
    By “we” I sssume you mean not me. Not me!
    I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight J View Post
    Jesus, every time I think that he can't get any more crazy or vile, he proves me wrong...

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

when the girl died i don't remember them talking about it a lot. trying to talk about it i don't think there is any part i can without feeling i would be insensitive or worse.

it's kind of like saying it's William Brewster's fault people died on the Mayflower. if the founding fathers didn't offer the promise of freedom and a better life, they wouldn't attempt the dangerous voyage. and if we just submitted to England and King George III and paid more taxes and became a vassal state, pilgrims wouldn't even try.

i think this whole thing is a core belief, or institutional, about what America is about. being attacked by the president no-less.

it's weird, i don't know why but i've seemed to have trained myself to think about how something affects the future. i think it's because every thing i think about gets too complicated. so i try to jump to the end because it's the only way i can make sense of the story.

and for what? a few extra votes. but is it really worth it?

the republicans already have the rich on their side. but i don't see any reason why they can't out democrat the democrats someday. .. it's like, remember that show the Rich and Famous? it was so famous talking about money you remember the hosts name Robin Leach. also, i noticed watching a football game you watch about an hour of commercials. on NFL replay, a game is like 2 hours long. and they're not even good commercials. always car commercials, and expensive cars. in December spouses buy each other new cars. i don't know about everyone but i always buy my spouse and surprise her with a $60,000 new car? ..the poor like myself resent but still worship the rich and famous. so you don't have to choose between the rich and the poor, you can have them both.

but having the rich and having cultural issues is like having your cake and eating it too. but i am starting to wonder if these factions in the party are eventually going to clash. this is assuming a lot of things. for example, in the future the country would become more pro-immigrant. or similarly the country will be more immigrated and the GOP will have more difficulty winning. you could try to have immigrants turn on each other. have legal ones think the path to citizenship is too easy for new ones. but i don't think that would work long term.

i think the problem comes down to people that want to be rich and famous -by famous i mean by controlling cultural issues like the Papa John's and Betsy Devos of the world or that company Hobby Lobby- as opposed to wanting to just be rich. perhaps cultural issues are a net negative in politics. the more support you get the more opposition too. but either way, you can't stop immigration.

in a way, building a wall is just a symbol. like a flag, or a cross. that's what the battle over it is about. it's not about a wall, it's about principle or personal opinions or beliefs.

Outgoing Chief of Staff John Kelly says his greatest accomplishment was preventing Trump from his own stupidity. *sigh*

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...230-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Outgoing Chief of Staff John Kelly says his greatest accomplishment was preventing Trump from his own stupidity. *sigh*

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...230-story.html
    for the record that makes 2 people that said they had to tell Trump he couldn't do some things because it was illegal, John Kelly and also Rex Tillerson.

also the zero tolerance policy at the border was from Jeff Sessions. actually didn't expect to be calling him baby killer.

4-star general gave an interview yesterday and said Trump is immoral and a lair. i heard some use that line of argument before. maybe multiple people but can't remember who. i know the first one to use it was the ghost writer for the art of the deal.

i think a narrative is developing.

i think we're witnessing history in the making. unfolding right before our eye's. it pains me not to be able to pretend and predict the future of what's going to happen. someone should run a poll on what is going to happen. better than Nixon, worse than Nixon.. or not even close or exact. etc.. but be funny about it. add some humor to the choices. (wink)