X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    So another easily fact-checked lie by our stable genius:

I mean, WTF? It's a double whopper -- they've gotten pay raises every year, and the raise was nowhere near 10% as he claimed. Is he delusional? Is he just clueless? Does he think he can gaslight anyone and they'll believe him? Did anyone in the audience have any idea what he was talking about? Does anyone brief this bozo?
    I think that it's pretty clear at this point that he's at least somewhat delusional, and he's certainly clueless at times as well. But I think that the greater part of his lying is that he DOES believe that people will take anything that he says as gospel, no matter how outlandish. And sadly, roughly 40% of the nation thinks that he speaks nothing but the truth, no matter if their own personal experience contridicts his statement or not. He's a born liar, and as one who's been doing it now going on 7 decades, he's convinced himself that he'll never face the consequences.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
      If you're asking me, I'd say no, but... Both parties are playing the masses this way. But I do think there are lots of low information voters that vote the way they are told to by the associations of which they are members, whether a union or NRA, or their Pastors/Religious leaders.
      sorry, was aimed at BG. But I agree with your second point for sure...
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Gotta love the Commander in Chief outing one of his elite SEAL Teams...
        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
          Gotta love the Commander in Chief outing one of his elite SEAL Teams...
          He is consistent...oh yeah and a stable genius.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
            Gotta love the Commander in Chief outing one of his elite SEAL Teams...
            https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...-video-1274326

fwiw, and it doesn't make the issue totally go away. but more info is better

"Pentagon officials said there was no violation of Defense Department security protocols after President Donald Trump posted a video to his official Twitter account posing with members of a special operations unit.

The Pentagon’s response comes two days after Trump and first lady Melania Trump secretly traveled to meet with American forces at al-Asad air base in Iraq in the president’s first overseas trip to a combat zone since being elected to office.

“The special operators voluntarily participated in this open press event,” said U.S. Air Force Lieutenant Colonel Carla Gleason, a Pentagon spokeswoman, in an email to Newsweek on Friday. “There was no security violation.”
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• we've truly elected a sociopath: https://t.co/SykxCFNbTX

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                we've truly elected a sociopath: https://t.co/SykxCFNbTX
                By “we” I sssume you mean not me. Not me!
                I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  we've truly elected a sociopath: https://t.co/SykxCFNbTX
                  Jesus, every time I think that he can't get any more crazy or vile, he proves me wrong...

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• when the girl died i don't remember them talking about it a lot. trying to talk about it i don't think there is any part i can without feeling i would be insensitive or worse.

it's kind of like saying it's William Brewster's fault people died on the Mayflower. if the founding fathers didn't offer the promise of freedom and a better life, they wouldn't attempt the dangerous voyage. and if we just submitted to England and King George III and paid more taxes and became a vassal state, pilgrims wouldn't even try.

i think this whole thing is a core belief, or institutional, about what America is about. being attacked by the president no-less.

it's weird, i don't know why but i've seemed to have trained myself to think about how something affects the future. i think it's because every thing i think about gets too complicated. so i try to jump to the end because it's the only way i can make sense of the story.

Comment

• and for what? a few extra votes. but is it really worth it?

the republicans already have the rich on their side. but i don't see any reason why they can't out democrat the democrats someday. .. it's like, remember that show the Rich and Famous? it was so famous talking about money you remember the hosts name Robin Leach. also, i noticed watching a football game you watch about an hour of commercials. on NFL replay, a game is like 2 hours long. and they're not even good commercials. always car commercials, and expensive cars. in December spouses buy each other new cars. i don't know about everyone but i always buy my spouse and surprise her with a $60,000 new car? ..the poor like myself resent but still worship the rich and famous. so you don't have to choose between the rich and the poor, you can have them both.

but having the rich and having cultural issues is like having your cake and eating it too. but i am starting to wonder if these factions in the party are eventually going to clash. this is assuming a lot of things. for example, in the future the country would become more pro-immigrant. or similarly the country will be more immigrated and the GOP will have more difficulty winning. you could try to have immigrants turn on each other. have legal ones think the path to citizenship is too easy for new ones. but i don't think that would work long term.

i think the problem comes down to people that want to be rich and famous -by famous i mean by controlling cultural issues like the Papa John's and Betsy Devos of the world or that company Hobby Lobby- as opposed to wanting to just be rich. perhaps cultural issues are a net negative in politics. the more support you get the more opposition too. but either way, you can't stop immigration.

in a way, building a wall is just a symbol. like a flag, or a cross. that's what the battle over it is about. it's not about a wall, it's about principle or personal opinions or beliefs.

Comment

• Outgoing Chief of Staff John Kelly says his greatest accomplishment was preventing Trump from his own stupidity. *sigh*

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Outgoing Chief of Staff John Kelly says his greatest accomplishment was preventing Trump from his own stupidity. *sigh*

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...230-story.html
                          for the record that makes 2 people that said they had to tell Trump he couldn't do some things because it was illegal, John Kelly and also Rex Tillerson.

also the zero tolerance policy at the border was from Jeff Sessions. actually didn't expect to be calling him baby killer.

Comment

• 4-star general gave an interview yesterday and said Trump is immoral and a lair. i heard some use that line of argument before. maybe multiple people but can't remember who. i know the first one to use it was the ghost writer for the art of the deal.

i think a narrative is developing.

i think we're witnessing history in the making. unfolding right before our eye's. it pains me not to be able to pretend and predict the future of what's going to happen. someone should run a poll on what is going to happen. better than Nixon, worse than Nixon.. or not even close or exact. etc.. but be funny about it. add some humor to the choices. (wink)

Comment

• The president tweeted today about the universal, unstoppable power of the wheel and the wall, I felt obligated to teach him about the mighty power of the ladder and the shovel
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                                4-star general gave an interview yesterday and said Trump is immoral and a lair. i heard some use that line of argument before. maybe multiple people but can't remember who. i know the first one to use it was the ghost writer for the art of the deal.

i think a narrative is developing.

i think we're witnessing history in the making. unfolding right before our eye's. it pains me not to be able to pretend and predict the future of what's going to happen. someone should run a poll on what is going to happen. better than Nixon, worse than Nixon.. or not even close or exact. etc.. but be funny about it. add some humor to the choices. (wink)
                                And poor widdle Twumpy wumpy gets so vewy vewy upset when someone dares to criticize him, he publicly pouts and attacks. Awww, does anyone have a pacifier for widdle Twumpy wumpy?

That this draft dodging imbecile has such little respect for our military is horrifying.

Comment

Working...
                                X