Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...The fired prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, gave a recent affidavit to an Austrian court that was released by John Solomon of The Hill. In that affidavit, Shokin claims, “I was forced out because I was leading a wide-ranging corruption probe into Burisma Holdings.” He claims that the then-President, Petro Poroshenko forced him to resign because Biden threatened to withhold $1 billion in aid for Ukraine until he was removed from office...

but some dem supporters still think President Trump should be impeached
    Last edited by Art Vandelay; 09-29-2019, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post

but President Trump should be impeached
      I'm glad you finally realize that.

Comment

• lol, my bad. no, s.m., I still do not think that.

Comment

• Redstate.com?!
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
            lol, my bad. no, s.m., I still do not think that.
            I realize that. Just trollinv ya a bit .

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
              Revo, you're all about polling. Tell me, have you heard what bipartisan support for impeaching Trump was at within the last month? I heard 35% supported impeachment. I don't think this is the slam dunk case that people think it is. Much like Russiagate, the scorn and contempt, and the exact type of claims being made here, "treason", "traitor", etc., those will only enrage and embolden and harden his base. They love feeling like Democrats are just corrupt partisans of a different colour, and this is the worst case to try for impeachment as far as giving Trump ammunition for re-election.
              According to a new CBS poll, the number supporting the impeachment inquiry is now up to 55% -- and the number of Republicans supporting the inquiry is now up to a stunning 23%.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                According to a new CBS poll, the number supporting the impeachment inquiry is now up to 55% -- and the number of Republicans supporting the inquiry is now up to a stunning 23%.
                https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-i...crats-approve/
                What kind of numbers do you think they would need to build enough public support to successfully impeach him?
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  What kind of numbers do you think they would need to build enough public support to successfully impeach him?
                  The reality is he's never going to be removed from office, as the Senate needs to be 60% in favor. But he will likely get impeached by the House. That said, an impeached President has never run for a second term, so we don't really know if this will be helpful or harmful to his re-election chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    The reality is he's never going to be removed from office, as the Senate needs to be 60% in favor. But he will likely get impeached by the House. That said, an impeached President has never run for a second term, so we don't really know if this will be helpful or harmful to his re-election chances.
                    At the very least it will help the Democratic nominee address the stampede of elephants in the room during the General (those debates should be fun)

BTW, I can see Trump just never debating prior to the election. I can see him making some bullshit excuse to never go face to face with the Dem Nominee on live TV.
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                      At the very least it will help the Democratic nominee address the stampede of elephants in the room during the General (those debates should be fun)

BTW, I can see Trump just never debating prior to the election. I can see him making some bullshit excuse to never go face to face with the Dem Nominee on live TV.
                      At this point, I could also see him pretending he would debate them only to try to have them arrested for treason for opposing him. He would show up at the firing squad when they are taken out back, though.

Afterwards, he will arrest any reporters that report on this as peddlers of fake news. He will execute them for treason as well.

If Trump ever read all of this, I think it would be erotica for him. I know it sounds like I'm being absurd to be funny, but I really do believe he wishes he could have the power to do these things. I believe he envies Un and Putin and I'd bet serious money we will hear him say, one day, that he could have done so much more wonderful things and the only reason why he didn't succeed more is because of all the damned, stupid restrictions he had to deal with in our democracy.

Or may he won't, because he will have succeeded in keeping power and becoming new "president for life" like he wants.
                      Last edited by Sour Masher; 09-30-2019, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        At this point, I could also see him pretending he would debate them only to try to have them arrested for treason for opposing him. He would show up at the firing squad when they are taken out back, though.

Afterwards, he will arrest any reporters that report on this as peddlers of fake news. He will execute them for treason as well.

If Trump ever read all of this, I think it would be erotica for him. I know it sounds like I'm being absurd to be funny, but I really do believe he wishes he could have the power to do these things. I believe he envies Un and Putin and I'd bet serious money we will hear him say, one day, that he could have done so much more wonderful things and the only reason why he didn't succeed more is because of all the damned, stupid restrictions he had to deal with in our democracy.

Or may he won't, because he will have succeeded in keeping power and becoming new "president for life" like he wants.
                        I remember when my Righty buddy was afraid that Obama was going to try to become "president for life."

I wonder if politics will cause a civil war in the next 20 years? I am not worried about it, but it wouldn't be shocking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          I remember when my Righty buddy was afraid that Obama was going to try to become "president for life."

I wonder if politics will cause a civil war in the next 20 years? I am not worried about it, but it wouldn't be shocking.
                          Trump is doing his best to make it happen.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

The difference is your buddy had no basis for such a belief. Trump has said and done lots that indicate he would do this if we let him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              Trump is doing his best to make it happen.
                              He doesn't have the horsepower. After he gets defeated in the next election the Repubs have no recourse than to mirror the actions of the Dems these last four years for their term. With each change the nastiness gets elevated a few ticks until violence erupts. Of course each party will justify their actions as being righteous (not in the religious sense), true and justified.

Comment

Does he have those same concerns now, with Trump talking about "stolen time" and a "third term"? I'd guess probably not.

Comment

Working...
                                X