Page 683 of 702 FirstFirst ... 183583633673681682683684685693 ... LastLast
Results 6,821 to 6,830 of 7019

Thread: President Donald Trump

I think what he really meant was that most people watching had the sound off.

Even Rick Santorum panned it. Stay real 1J.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Quote Originally Posted by DMT View Post
    Even Rick Santorum panned it. Stay real 1J.
    Stay ?

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

you guys made me curious re polling, so per thehill.com

"Roughly three-quarters of respondents who watched President Trump’s State of the Union address approved of his speech, according to CNN and CBS News polls released late Tuesday.

Seventy-six percent approved of the speech in the CBS poll, with 24 percent saying they disapproved. About 59 percent of respondents to the CNN poll had a very positive reaction to the speech, while 17 percent said they had a somewhat positive reaction. Roughly one-quarter — 23 percent — had a negative reaction in that survey.

However, a significantly higher proportion of Tuesday’s viewers were Republicans, compared to the population at large, reflecting a trend that more State of the Union viewers tend to be members of the president’s party.....

Approval of the speech was starkly divided along partisan lines. Almost all of Republicans who tuned in — 97 percent — approved of the president’s speech, according to CBS News, while only 30 percent of Democrats said the same. About 82 percent of independents in that survey who watched the speech liked what they heard."
    just kicked off my 36th year in same 12-team NL 5x5
    have stumbled out of the gate
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP Scherzer 44, Samardzija 1, CSmith 1, Roark 8, PLopez 1
    RP Jeffress 1, AMiller 14, Dominguez 10, Neshek
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 3B Descalso, 13 Belt 10, 2B EGonzalez 2, SS BCrawford 9, 2S ABarnes 8
    OF Harper 41, Eaton 18, KMarte 10, Dyson 8, NWilliams 2, UT Daza (minors)
    DL: SP Cueto 1, 3B TFrazier 2, OF Dickerson 17

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jude View Post
    "About 82 percent of independents in that survey who watched the speech liked what they heard."
    This is the key number folks - all of the partisan polling is bullshit. This certainly would indicate that Trump is pushing the right buttons for many folks.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Quote Originally Posted by baldgriff View Post
    This is the key number folks - all of the partisan polling is bullshit. This certainly would indicate that Trump is pushing the right buttons for many folks.
    Riiight. The number of actual independents is 6-7%. Most "independents" clearly favor one of the two major parties. But keep inflating your 'independent' egos.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by baldgriff View Post
    While I won't argue the number, that just indicates that the good ol' USA is populated by a bunch of morons.
    Last edited by Mithrandir; 02-06-2019 at 02:04 PM.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    While I won't argue the number, that just indicates the the good ol' USA is populated by a bunch of morons.
    I would never dispute that point, but the people who watched are a totally skewed sample. The only one of my friends who watched is Republican. Why would anyone else watch him spew a bunch of bullshit? Trump actually said if not for him we'd be in a major war right now with North Korea. It's so laughably stupid.
    - Terence McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by DMT View Post
    Riiight. The number of actual independents is 6-7%. Most "independents" clearly favor one of the two major parties. But keep inflating your 'independent' egos.
    To this point - I don't recall the precise numbers so don't quote me, but when people are asked which party they favor there's a significant number of independents - 15-20% ish if I recall correctly.

But if the question is worded in the reverse - is there a party that you couldn't see yourself voting for - the number of independents drops to something like 3-4%.

I'll try to dig up that article (from about a year ago).