Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has there ever been a President who complained so often about so many things being "unfair" to himself and his friends? Would he appear to be a stronger person if he let others do more of the complaining for him?

I'm guessing there is a divide somewhere, with some of the population seeing it as endless whining and some seeing it as justified observation. I can't help but think there are some in the middle who simply see it as an unattractive personality trait.
    Last edited by Redbirds Fan; 02-17-2019, 12:14 PM.
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
      Has there ever been a President who complained so often about so many things being "unfair" to himself and his friends? Would he appear to be a stronger person if he let others do more of the complaining for him?

I'm guessing there is a divide somewhere, with some of the population seeing it as endless whining and some seeing it as justified observation. I can't help but think there are some in the middle who simply see it as an unattractive personality trait.
      I see it as all 3. He is an incessant whiner, it’s a giant personality flaw (especially for someone holding the most important job in the world)and he has been subject to some undeserved media bias.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
        I see it as all 3. He is an incessant whiner, it’s a giant personality flaw (especially for someone holding the most important job in the world)and he has been subject to some undeserved media bias.
        It's hard to blame "the media" when the President of the United States has declared war on them. For example, this whiny tweet from today:

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          It's hard to blame "the media" when the President of the United States has declared war on them. For example, this whiny tweet from today:

So you are acknowledging the media bias, but justifying it because of Trump’s bad behavior. I agree.

Comment

So you are acknowledging the media bias, but justifying it because of Trump’s bad behavior. I agree.
            I believe there is a media bias against Trump because he has declared war on them and the First Amendment. Wars are two way streets.

I don't believe there is a major media bias against Republicans in general.

Comment

I believe there is a media bias against Trump because he has declared war on them and the First Amendment. Wars are two way streets.

I don't believe there is a major media bias against Republicans in general.
              So given that belief, is it really noteworthy on your part to point out when Trump fires back? Or better yet, would you ever point out an instance where you believe the media has shown its bias? I see lot of angst on your part about Trump’s bias but never once have I seen you post about the media bias you just acknowledged. i wonder why that is.

Comment

• It would be embarrasing enough for your country to have this guy as assistant clerk in Hootersville.

Comment

So given that belief, is it really noteworthy on your part to point out when Trump fires back? Or better yet, would you ever point out an instance where you believe the media has shown its bias? I see lot of angst on your part about Trump’s bias but never once have I seen you post about the media bias you just acknowledged. i wonder why that is.
                  Umm, what? By media bias, we mean they are doing things like investigating him harder than any president in recent memory — not just making shit up out of thin air, like the clown in office.

You’ve become quite the troll. Rmember when you were incredibly angry about things like the deficit? You even wanted people in Obama’s administration locked up over it! And now, as it grows more and more every day, nary a peep from you about it. I wonder why that is.

Comment

Umm, what? By media bias, we mean they are doing things like investigating him harder than any president in recent memory — not just making shit up out of thin air, like the clown in office.

Cmon man, you’ve become quite the troll.
                    That’s not the bias I am referring to, but you know that

Comment

That’s not the bias I am referring to, but you know that
                      I have no idea what you’re referring to.

If a media organization makes crap up about him, they deserve what they get from him. Can you point out a media organization that explicitly made up stuff? I don’t mean organizations that had information which they believed was credible at the time, such as the BuzzFeed article (which is bad journallism), but an organization which explicitly made things up?

Comment

I have no idea what you’re referring to.

If a media organization makes crap up about him, they deserve what they get from him. Can you point out a media organization that explicitly made up stuff? I don’t mean organizations that had information which they believed was credible at the time, such as the BuzzFeed article (which is bad journallism), but an organization which explicitly made things up?
                        Depending on what study you use, about 90% of the media coverage of Trump is negative. This in spite of a roaring economy and outstanding jobs numbers. He certainly deserves a lot of negativity about his lies and other BS, but the media certainly underplays his Administrations successes.

Comment

Depending on what study you use, about 90% of the media coverage of Trump is negative. This in spite of a roaring economy and outstanding jobs numbers. He certainly deserves a lot of negativity about his lies and other BS, but the media certainly underplays his Administrations successes.
                          From the early 1980s until he started his nonsense about Obama’s birth certificate, the media fawned over him and his family. In the NYC area, it seemed like he was on the cover of a tabloid once a week for a good 15 year period. So what happened?

Comment

90% negative coverage is being generous.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              90% negative coverage is being generous.
                              He deserves every bit of it. My main criticism of the media's coverage of him is they often spend more time on his antics than the more substantive things he is doing to ruin this country.

Comment

You’ve become quite the troll. Rmember when you were incredibly angry about things like the deficit? You even wanted people in Obama’s administration locked up over it! And now, as it grows more and more every day, nary a peep from you about it. I wonder why that is.
                                I wasn't in the SB much back then. That is certainly damning of someone who constantly calls out what he perceives as inconsistency from those critical of Trump on issues they were silent on with Obama. I guess it is no big deal that Trump, despite being in office during better economic circumstances, is growing the debt faster than Ohama did while dealing with a recession.

Comment

Working...
                                X