This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    "I learned long ago never to wrestle with a pig. You both get muddy all over . . . and the pig likes it."

a 78-year-old Speaker of the House clapping like a cross between a harp seal and a sullen teenage girl - well, the quote above speaks for itself.
    She is contending it wasn’t sarcastic as many on the left had hoped. I take her at her word.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
      It's possible to say that you thought Trump gave a decent or even a good speech, but you'd still never vote for him because of his personal and political track record, or even that you can't envision ever voting for a Republican because of the GOP's track record. (I personally haven't seen or read the SOTU yet. Maybe I'll read it after the NBA trade deadline has passed, lol.)
      I presume you mean "you" in the sense of a generic potential voter. If that's the case, the speech did him no harm and made Pelosi the Democrats look very petty. Pelosi also made certain everyone paid attention. Viewership was a new record.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        I presume you mean "you" in the sense of a generic potential voter. If that's the case, the speech did him no harm and made Pelosi the Democrats look very petty. Pelosi also made certain everyone paid attention. Viewership was a new record.

J
        My guess is that viewership was so high because many tuned in to watch the biggest asshole in US Presidential history spew his bullshit.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          My guess is that viewership was so high because many tuned in to watch the biggest asshole in US Presidential history spew his bullshit.
          As may be. Pelosi handed Trump an opportunity and he made the most of it.

Don't kid yourself about the center, as some are doing. There are a lot of people that vote or stay home depending on the candidate. That's the real middle.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Congress agreed on a bi-partisan agreement, which allocates $1.3Bn for border security. Conservative commentators are already howling. Let's see what Dopey does now.

Comment

• He takes the money as a win - and then announces that the border is a drug trafficking corridor and gets the rest under Title 10 I believe is what I heard of the drug war rules or some such.
              It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
              Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Trump apparently is looking for Congress to take on drug makers, insurers and hospitals and the transparency on drug prices. Seems like it would be a step in a positive direction to bring prices down. I will admit a bit of frustration that he doesnt provide any "How", but I do believe that this transparency would bring prices down.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bruceja...s#523669b46aab
                It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                  Trump apparently is looking for Congress to take on drug makers, insurers and hospitals and the transparency on drug prices. Seems like it would be a step in a positive direction to bring prices down. I will admit a bit of frustration that he doesnt provide any "How", but I do believe that this transparency would bring prices down.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bruceja...s#523669b46aab
                  If Trump was so fucking ready to drain the swamp then he needs to get cranking on this one. Only took him 2 fucking years. And why did my god damn insurance premium go up again? Fuck Trump.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

If Trump was so fucking ready to drain the swamp then he needs to get cranking on this one. Only took him 2 fucking years. And why did my god damn insurance premium go up again? Fuck Trump.
                    ACA is the reason for you insurance premium going up again. I admit I am frustrated that this has not been at the top of the list though.

Comment

ACA is the reason for you insurance premium going up again. I admit I am frustrated that this has not been at the top of the list though.
                      But Trump and the GOP were going to FIX THAT. Right? So WTF are they waiting for?

Comment

But Trump and the GOP were going to FIX THAT. Right? So WTF are they waiting for?
                        No idea - I would like to have seen them make some meaningful progress there. Of course, if we hadnt have passed the (ACA) bill we never would have seen what is in it.

Comment

Trump apparently is looking for Congress to take on drug makers, insurers and hospitals and the transparency on drug prices. Seems like it would be a step in a positive direction to bring prices down. I will admit a bit of frustration that he doesnt provide any "How", but I do believe that this transparency would bring prices down.
                          The biggest problem with his regime has been that pesky "how."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            The biggest problem with his regime has been that pesky "how."
                            Agreed

Comment

Agreed
                              So is that an agreement that Trump is a dolt?

Comment

So is that an agreement that Trump is a dolt?
                                Ive never stated he wasnt one.... I believe my stance has been that there are a couple things I believe he did correctly. He's generally an ass in the way he interacts with the public.

The earlier note about him wanting to have transparency in pricing within the medical field was merely to bring up that it is something that I believe should have been done a long time ago. Im no big Trump guy, but I must admit if he can get Congress to take this one on - well it would potentially be a YUGE win!

Comment

Working...
                                X