Page 748 of 751 FirstFirst ... 248648698738746747748749750 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,480 of 7502

Thread: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by In the Corn View Post
    Well, Canadian Trump perhaps if your tone were more civil, there would be more serious content. It amazes me that everyone calls out the real Donald trump for his lack of tone, and that the left is looking for more civil discourse, but here in RJ land it's the left that has lack of tone and civility.
    I think that's somewhat of a generalization, don't you?
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Well, Canadian Trump perhaps if your tone were more civil, there would be more serious content. It amazes me that everyone calls out the real Donald trump for his lack of tone, and that the left is looking for more civil discourse, but here in RJ land it's the left that has lack of tone and civility.
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Just an observation - in here I expect mudslinging. However I expect more - much more - from my country's elected leaders (and am constantly amazed that this isn't generally the case).
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.
    Some people think he's playing chess when actually his aides are trying to stop him from eating the pieces.

Trump uses next year's G-7 meeting to possibly get new business for his sagging Doral Club in Miami. *sigh*

BIARRITZ, France — President Trump is eyeing a new showcase for his hotel business: next year’s Group of Seven summit.

The president on Monday used a bilateral meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel to plug the Trump National Doral golf resort in Florida, which he touted as a likely location for next year’s G-7 summit.

“It seems to set up the best,” he said. Among the attributes he cited for the resort: foreign delegations could each have their own buildings; its “very big, great conference rooms”; its “tremendous acreage”; and its proximity to the Miami International Airport, which he said “takes planes from everywhere.”
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr..._theo_homepage

While a massive hurricane barrels its way towards the Carolinas, Dopey is spending his second consecutive day golfing and Tweeting about political rivals. #winning

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/02/polit...olf/index.html

And it’s Labor Day, so what does Dopey do? Attack a labor union (the AFL-CIO). You just can’t make this shit up.

Mike Pence (None the Richer) is in Ireland on an official, taxpayer trip, and has his meeting in Dublin. But rather than stay in the city of Dublin, Pence is staying at a Trump property 140 miles away and taking Air Force Two to the meetings. The Dumpy Regime knows no bounds to its corruption.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

In other Dopey news, Dopey's allies are trying to raise $2m to fund an investigation of reporters who are hostile to Herr Dopiness. Because what's most important to Republicans is not how corrupt or inept our Dopey president is, but the private lives of reporters.

This is the absolute pettiness that is Dopey Donnie: the other day, he mistakenly tweeted that Alabama might be a target of Hurricane Dorian, which it was not, nor had Alabama ever been forecast to be in the path. The Alabama branch of the National Weather Service then had to send out an emergency tweet saying, no Alabama residents, don't be alarmed, you won't be affected.

Today, Dopey Donnie had a televised update on the hurricane, and lo and behold -- he held up a map from the NWS, apparently doctored by some terrified WH minion, which showed Alabama to be in their initial forecast.

Rather than just admit it was a minor error, nope, his ego couldn't bear to be bruised, so let's just gaslight you into thinking he was totally right.

You just can't make this shit up.

Dopey to raid the military of $3.6 billion, cutting 127 projects, to build his vanity wall. Some of the projects being ransacked include $160m appropriated by Congress to build an engineering center at West Point; $13m for a Child Care center at Andrew AF Base; and many other projects in the States and abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Dopey to raid the military of $3.6 billion, cutting 127 projects, to build his vanity wall. Some of the projects being ransacked include $160m appropriated by Congress to build an engineering center at West Point; $13m for a Child Care center at Andrew AF Base; and many other projects in the States and abroad.
    I'm glad Mexico is paying for it
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid In the Corn's Avatar
    Suburbs of Minneapolis...close to Hornsby
    Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    I'm glad Mexico is paying for it
    Mexican Tariffs. C'mon man, keep up.

Those tariffs specifically were fundig the DoD projects scrapped for the wall.

"Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.