This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Trump defends abandoning the Kurds by saying they “didn’t help us win at Normandy.” Yep, he actually said that. Yessir.

Comment

• The abuse of power evidence grows:

Trump Urged Top Aide to Help Giuliani Client Facing DOJ Charges

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Trump defends abandoning the Kurds by saying they “didn’t help us win at Normandy.” Yep, he actually said that. Yessir.
          He is a vile idiot who will not lose a wink of sleep as his decision leads to children dying. Really, heavy has been the crown on every president before him, but not him. Such decisions never seem to weigh on him. He makes them and moves on, only focused on how they play out for him politically, and not carry one whit for the lives he affects.

I do not know why any potential ally would every trust us again. And on top of that, this is also a strategic blunder that helps our enemies and hurts American interests. It is a loss for those we promised we would stand by, a key ally in our fight against ISIS that trusted us, only for us to abandon them, and it is a loss for us as well.

Comment

• Latest poll from Fox News shows 55% want impeachment, with 51% wanting him removed from office.

That’s the fourth poll in the last two days with >50% for impeachment.

Comment

Latest poll from Fox News shows 55% want impeachment, with 51% wanting him removed from office.

I have a friend who thinks Trump is going to end the Republic. He believes Trump, backed by the GOP, will thwart impeachment, declare the next election results fraudulent, and become our de facto dictator. I have a bit more faith in our government, and the limits of the loyalty of the nebbish sycophants in government that prop Trump up. McConnell may want to sell our souls for Trump to finish his term, but I think even he will turn the sword on Trump is he declares the next election a fraud--which we will know is a certainty, if he loses, which I am also starting to believe is a certainty.

Comment

Latest poll from Fox News shows 55% want impeachment, with 51% wanting him removed from office.

The 4 percent who want him impeached, but not removed from office....what are they thinking ?
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                ---------------------------------------------
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  The 4 percent who want him impeached, but not removed from office....what are they thinking ?
                  I'd guess they think what he has done is worthy of looking into more closely an having the process put him in check/on notice, but they don't actually want him gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    Those are the Mike Pence haters.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Those are the Mike Pence haters.
                      LOL. I think they want the investigation started, but will make up their mind once they have more answers.

Comment

• Has anybody seen the picture of Trump's slightly ajar desk drawer filled with boxes of Sudafed? Someone recently noticed that the stupid taco bowl tweet from 3 years ago featured the Sudafed stash. Oddly, the type of boxes of Sudafed are only produced in the UK, so he's a connoisseur. These pictures partly (loosely) corroborate a former Apprentice staffer's claim that Trump was constantly snorting Sudafed, Adderrall, and cocaine.

*sniff*
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• The stories coming out for Trump's decision to let our former allies, the Kurds, get slaughtered, are horrific. Even Fox News is reporting on how bad this is going, how Turkey is killing civilians, how ashamed our military members, who served and trained with the Kurds, feel at this moment. It is heart breaking, and still the Kurds are staying loyal to us, holding the ISIS prisoners who want to harm us without any help from us: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...yrN?li=BBnb7Kz

Some excerpts:

“I am ashamed for the first time in my career,” said the distraught soldier, who has been involved in the training of indigenous forces on multiple continents. The service member, whom Griffin described as "hardened," is among the 1,000 or so U.S. troops who remain in Syria.

“Turkey is not doing what it agreed to. It’s horrible,” this military source on the ground told Griffin. “We met every single security agreement. The Kurds met every single agreement [with the Turks]. There was no threat to the Turks -- none -- from this side of the border."

At least seven civilians have been killed in strikes in northeastern Syria since the assault began on Wednesday, according to activists and a war monitor. Turkey later announced that its ground forces had invaded the region to fight the Kurds.

“This is insanity,” the concerned U.S. service member said. "I don’t know what they call atrocities, but they are happening.”

Griffin called it one of the hardest phone calls she has ever taken.

U.S. military officials told Fox News the president ordered the military not to get involved in the Turkish strikes, after the Kurds requested air support.

Kurdish forces in northeastern Syria are guarding thousands of captured Islamic State (ISIS) fighters, now without the help of the U.S. in the area.

The Special Forces member said the Kurds have not left their positions guarding detainees. In fact, “they prevented a prison break last night without us," the military source on the front line said. “They are not abandoning our side [yet]."

"The Turks are hitting outside the security mechanism," according to the source, who said the Kurds are "pleading for our support."

The American troops are doing “nothing," the source lamented. "Just sitting by and watching it unfold.”

Of the president’s decision, the source said: “He doesn’t understand the problem. He doesn’t understand the repercussions of this. Erdogan is an Islamist, not a level-headed actor.”

“The Kurds are as close to Western thinking in the Middle East as anyone,” said the longtime member of Special Forces. “It’s a shame. We are just watching. It’s horrible.”

“This is not helping the ISIS fight," the military source said.

Many of the ISIS prisoners "will be free in the coming days and weeks," he predicted.

"The Kurds are sticking by us," the Special Forces source stressed to Fox News. "No other partner I have ever dealt with would stand by us."

American troops were disappointed in the decisions being handed down by senior leaders, the source on the ground added.

Comment

• So this article makes it clear that the 1000 troops remain in Syria, just moved out of the region of the previous stronghold. That's pretty fucked.

Man, the Democrats are blowing impeachment. Hammer him on the "secret server", say it endlessly, "release the tapes"... Pelosi still hasn't formally announced the impeachment inquiry, meaning she still might back away. I said from the start the Ukraine call was a poor choice to highlight corrupt dealing, as it exposes Biden, so expand it and throw everything against the wall. The new book coming out with 43 new sexual assault claims, combine those with the credible rape allegation from earlier this year... hammer him on this Kurdish betrayal, connect it to his refusal to end US support for the genocide in Yemen. Ask the questions "how much money have Saudis given to Trump through hotel reservations and other financial incentives? What kind of deal did Trump make to give up Kurdish territory, and 10K ISIS prisoners over to Turkey?"... play the tape of Trump himself in an interview with Steve Bannon on Breitbart radio in late 2015 saying "I have a little conflict of interest in regards to Turkey because of the Trump Towers in Istanbul"... connect that to the US support for Saudi genocide in Yemen, and Trump's veto to end support. Ask "what kind of deals for personal enrichment could he have with the Saudis? Hand over the secret sever! Release the tapes!" If the Republicans had this much ammo, they would hold a shooting party.

Trump is already running an ad on Biden's corruption on Fox News, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc, and it seems like an effective weapon for him. Biden's non-responses have been brutal. Democrats need to make some kind of statement about Hunter Biden, but it's a can of worms they don't want to open, as so many of their own children are leeching off their family names. Hell, John Kerry's son left the Burisma board offer, so it's clear there's an entire class of political dynasty careerists.

I haven't been red-pilled, I just want to show you what the Trump supporters are happy to believe. Biden is demanding media not air the ad, CNN are the only ones to capitulate so far.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• 51% support removal in a Fox news poll. Pelosi is moving things along, slower than I prefer, but she's treading a fine line trying to ensure it doesn't come off looking like "another partisan witch hunt". I'd say it's a pretty sound strategy given the fairly significant shifts in public opinion since opening the impeachment inquiry. Don the Con's days are numbered.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• It took a long time for Republicans to abandon Nixon.

On July 23, 1974, Rep. Lawrence Hogan, Sr., a Republican on the House Judiciary Committee, bought airtime on TV networks across his home state of Maryland. He h…
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X