X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
    I cant watch her so I just want to address the opening statement

Why is Trump so opposed to renaming the military bases that he made that the opening statement. Why? To fuel his base? Isn't the amount of people within his base who want this small enough? There has to be another reason? Somebody explain it to me.
    Maybe he is trying to appeal to people that don't want the government telling what to do in government places (no that can't be it).

I really think this is not that big a thing to just let it move ahead.

I could be wrong, but here's how I see it. I suspect that there are a large number of people who really don't care about this at all one way or another. However, a lot of those people are the type that see government as the kings of useless legislation that wastes time. I think this is an appeal to them, kind of like "Look at what the Democrats are wasting their time on! They don't care about jobs and the economy, this is what they care about!"

I actually don't think this is an appeal to his base. His base is so entrenched at this point, I cannot imagine this would turn them away. I can't even imagine what he would have to do at this point to get someone from his base to not vote for him.

EDIT TO ADD: Also, the more he's talking about these things, the less people are talking about the protests, police brutality, and COVID. It's misdirection.

Comment

• The Schmuck keeps saying he's "done more for black people than any other president besides Abraham Lincoln." WTF? Even if you discount every other president (even Obama???), which would be totally off the mark, has he never heard of JFK and LBJ? Both championed and passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Oh, and he also said of Lincoln freeing the slaves that "he did good, but you know, you always have to question the end result." WHAAAAT?

When his reign of error is over and done, the GOP will bury this era in their backyard and forget it ever existed.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        The Schmuck keeps saying he's "done more for black people than anyone besides Abraham Lincoln." WTF? Has he never heard of JFK and LBJ? Both championed and passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Oh, and he also said of Lincoln freeing the slaves that "he did good, but you know, you always have to question the end result." WHAAAAT?

When his reign of error is over and done, the GOP will bury this era in their backyard and forget it ever existed.
        Even if it's accurate, it doesn't matter. LBJ was a HUGE racist by most accounts. Just because he championed the Civil Rights Act does not make him not racist.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          The Schmuck keeps saying he's "done more for black people than any other president besides Abraham Lincoln." WTF? Even if you discount every other president (even Obama???), which would be totally off the mark, has he never heard of JFK and LBJ? Both championed and passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Oh, and he also said of Lincoln freeing the slaves that "he did good, but you know, you always have to question the end result." WHAAAAT?

There is no way we're going to let them.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I was having a conversation just last night about how 45 was acting like a disgruntled tenant about to be evicted. He's gonna trash the place and leave it in shambles prior to vacating the premises.

First he schedules A MAGA(racist)Rally in Tulsa on Junteenth to rub it in the faces of the black community and today He starts the process of allowing Medical professionals to refuse aid to the LGBTQ community if they so wish undoing an Obama era anti-discrimination regulation. Fucking over the LGBTQ community during Pride month and on Loving Day.

It is gonna be hard not to wish for his imminent demise (I already do daily, probably hourly) as we witness his Scorched Earth campaign on his March to oblivion Nov 3rd.

I don't think I've witnessed a more vile individual in my life--Ever.

Fuck Him.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              There is no way we're going to let them.
              Agreed.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                I cant watch her so I just want to address the opening statement
                thats too bad, she's awesome!
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                  thats too bad, she's awesome!
                  At what?

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                    At what?
                    everything!
                    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                      everything!
                      It pisses me that she's so hot...until she speaks.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

• When you're losing Arkansas....

- Terence McKenna

Comment

It pisses me that she's so hot...until she speaks.
                          I dont think she's all that hot, until she speaks.

Comment

Trump isn't gonna lose Arkansas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              But the fact it's even close spells doom for the Trump party.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                True, but he may need to spend unexpected $$$ there now.

Comment

Working...
                                X