Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it true you need 2/3 vote to convict on impeachment? not 17 R Senators. if so can you have 75 senators vote and 25 protest the impeachment by not voting and 50 D votes do it. god I can't even calculate 2/3 of something. ..you'll at least get 5 or 6 republican senators to convict but I don't see 17.

they could say things like, 'this impeachment is a sham and I will not endorse another attempt to besmirch the president, therefore I am not going to vote.' or you can't impeach an ex-president or one out of office, this impeachment is illegal and I won't give it legitimacy by voting.' or 'this is another attempt by democrats to stir the pot, and out of a need for our nation to heal and bipartisanship I will not entertain the idea of a trail.'

and then they all have a Bill Murray moment from meatballs and walk out of the proceedings after saying all the rich democrats get all the women because they have all the money. because it just doesn't matter! did you know, ALL the Senate Democrats have their own personal MASSEUSE!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Trump is moving out of the White House and he's taking the Lincoln bust with him:

And his personalized Hammer of Thor.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
        is it true you need 2/3 vote to convict on impeachment? not 17 R Senators. if so can you have 75 senators vote and 25 protest the impeachment by not voting and 50 D votes do it. god I can't even calculate 2/3 of something. ..you'll at least get 5 or 6 republican senators to convict but I don't see 17.

they could say things like, 'this impeachment is a sham and I will not endorse another attempt to besmirch the president, therefore I am not going to vote.' or you can't impeach an ex-president or one out of office, this impeachment is illegal and I won't give it legitimacy by voting.' or 'this is another attempt by democrats to stir the pot, and out of a need for our nation to heal and bipartisanship I will not entertain the idea of a trail.'

and then they all have a Bill Murray moment from meatballs and walk out of the proceedings after saying all the rich democrats get all the women because they have all the money. because it just doesn't matter! did you know, ALL the Senate Democrats have their own personal MASSEUSE!?!
        They'll need 67 Senate votes to impeach.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Dopey ends his horrific, worse than anyone expected 4-year term with the lowest approval rating since these polls began back in 1945, dropping to just 33% in the most recent Quinnipiac poll. His average poll number is 38%, which would make him the 2nd least popular president at the end of his first term, 2nd to only Jimmy Carter.

What's surprising is his approval rating cratered among Republicans, dropping to just 74% from a once lofty high water mark of 95%.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Dopey ends his horrific, worse than anyone expected 4-year term with the lowest approval rating since these polls began back in 1945, dropping to just 33% in the most recent Quinnipiac poll. His average poll number is 38%, which would make him the 2nd least popular president at the end of his first term, 2nd to only Jimmy Carter.

What's surprising is his approval rating cratered among Republicans, dropping to just 74% from a once lofty high water mark of 95%.
            It's odd that Carter had the worst rating of any President as I'd wager he is the most popular president Post office.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              It's odd that Carter had the worst rating of any President as I'd wager he is the most popular president Post office.
              Well given the events at the time — the Iran Hostage crisis, a pretty severe recession, surging unemployment, skyrocketing inflation and interest rates, the 1979 energy crisis, the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan and subsequent US boycott of the Olympics, and finally, getting primaried by Ted Kennedy — it wasn’t a surprise that he was a one-term president and rated so low.

But yes, he deserved a better fate.

Comment

• Looks like Georgia is going to open a criminal investigation into Trump for his unconscionable actions to overturn the GA elections in his favor. This should have been count #2 for his 2nd impeachment.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• 55 hours until the worst President in U.S. history is out.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                    55 hours until the worst President in U.S. history is out.
                    It will truly be the end of an error.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The National Security Agency said Sunday it was installing Trump National Security Council staffer Michael Ellis as its general counsel, after acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller ordered NSA Director Gen. Paul Nakasone to place the Trump loyalist into the role.

The move is significant because the role of general counsel at the country's largest intelligence agency is a civil service position, not a political role, meaning it could be difficult for the Biden administration to remove Ellis.

When reached by The Washington Post on Saturday, Ellis said: "I don't talk to the press, thank you," and hung up.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        The National Security Agency said Sunday it was installing Trump National Security Council staffer Michael Ellis as its general counsel, after acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller ordered NSA Director Gen. Paul Nakasone to place the Trump loyalist into the role.

The move is significant because the role of general counsel at the country's largest intelligence agency is a civil service position, not a political role, meaning it could be difficult for the Biden administration to remove Ellis.

When reached by The Washington Post on Saturday, Ellis said: "I don't talk to the press, thank you," and hung up.
                        Like there are rules anymore...fire him on 1/21

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                          I agree.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• President Donald Trump is preparing to issue around 100 pardons and commutations on his final full day in office Tuesday. I'm sure he saved the best/worst for last.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Yup. I'd even be fine with give him a severance package of 1 year for every full week he was in the current position.
                              "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                              - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                              - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

True. But if they can't -- demote him to an assistant position. Like a secretary.

Comment

Working...
                                X