This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Rep. Elijah Cummings house apparently was burglarized and the Moron inhabiting the White House says "Too Bad!"

I hope Americans remember those words, so on the day he's impeached/loses/worse, we can all have a great laugh and say "Too Bad!"

Top 5 Ever!!
    Elijah Cummings died today at age 68. Sad day.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      fast actin tinactin may help
      Hey if you're going to play footsy again, go back to the other thread!

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
        Hey if you're going to play footsy again, go back to the other thread!
        Sorry, I forgot we had to toe the line around here.

Comment

• Trump letter to Erdogan. This is an embarrassment. This letter, that trump evidently was very proud of, he passed copies of it around in the closed door meeting with congressional leaders, reads as if an 8 year old playing battleship constructed it. https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...fake/23840082/ One noted opinion who took efforts to be subdued " I am a historian of US foreign policy. I have read many, many letters from US Presidents to foreign leaders, and I have never read a letter from the US President so unhinged, so threatening, so bizarre, so completely lacking in basic etiquette. Trump is deeply, deeply unwell. "

In general we have poked fun at prior presidents, but to be fair every one of them had an above average iq and grasp of english. This again, along with the dozen daily tweets trump fires off, is clear evidence not just on instability, but childlike understanding. I get tweets are more relaxed impulse burps, but this letter that trump took pains to constrcut and then sent off to another foreign leader was him at his best, and it is scary how ridiculous and simple minded the leader of our country presents himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
            Trump letter to Erdogan. This is an embarrassment. This letter, that trump evidently was very proud of, he passed copies of it around in the closed door meeting with congressional leaders, reads as if an 8 year old playing battleship constructed it. https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...fake/23840082/ One noted opinion who took efforts to be subdued " I am a historian of US foreign policy. I have read many, many letters from US Presidents to foreign leaders, and I have never read a letter from the US President so unhinged, so threatening, so bizarre, so completely lacking in basic etiquette. Trump is deeply, deeply unwell. "

In general we have poked fun at prior presidents, but to be fair every one of them had an above average iq and grasp of english. This again, along with the dozen daily tweets trump fires off, is clear evidence not just on instability, but childlike understanding. I get tweets are more relaxed impulse burps, but this letter that trump took pains to constrcut and then sent off to another foreign leader was him at his best, and it is scary how ridiculous and simple minded the leader of our country presents himself.
            I saw this and it is brutal. I can’t believe someone isn’t there to ‘touch up’ (I.e. rewrite) this before it is sent. Mind bottling.
            Can we get Peggy Noonan (or some other GOP speechwriter of yore) to come in and fix things for him?

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
              I saw this and it is brutal. I can’t believe someone isn’t there to ‘touch up’ (I.e. rewrite) this before it is sent. Mind bottling.
              Can we get Peggy Noonan (or some other GOP speechwriter of yore) to come in and fix things for him?
              By "mind bottling" I assume you mean we should all be drinking heavily until this presidency is over.
              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                There are probably many people there to touch up/rewrite his stuff, but he would not dare let any of them do such a thing. Because in his own mind, he is always the smartest man in the room.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                  By "mind bottling" I assume you mean we should all be drinking heavily until this presidency is over.
                  It’s an old Barstool Sports phrase. Makes me laugh every time I use it. I’m simple that way

Comment

• maybe I'm alone on this but I'm not at all surprised ... isn't this basically the flipside of the reason he was elected? someone who represents the common man, cuts out political correctness, speaks plainly, etc.??? you know, the anti-harvard-grad approach?
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• I'm just waiting to see what this idiot has to say about Elijah Cummings.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        I'm just waiting to see what this idiot has to say about Elijah Cummings.
                        He'll probably go with the tried and true "TOO BAD!"
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                          maybe I'm alone on this but I'm not at all surprised ... isn't this basically the flipside of the reason he was elected? someone who represents the common man, cuts out political correctness, speaks plainly, etc.??? you know, the anti-harvard-grad approach?
                          You are not alone. I am not surprised he communicates like a non-native speaking 6th grade bully. I don't think it is intentional as much as it is the highest level of style he is capable of. I can't argue against the notion that he has a certain type of intelligence. He is cunning and has good political instincts that defy conventional wisdom. But the man cannot communicate in clear, concise, coherent, cohesive, and correct English. He has shown that time and time again. He makes GW Bush seem articulate, and that is saying something.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            He'll probably go with the tried and true "TOO BAD!"
                            I think every time one of his opponents dies, he feels self-satisfaction. I think he perversely sees it as him "winning." Like, ha, you are dead and I am not. You lose. I win.
                            Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-17-2019, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              I think every time one of his opponents dies, he feels self-satisfaction. I think he perversely sees it as him "winning." Like, ha, you are dead and I am not. You lose. I win.
                              He actually stifled that impulse long enough to have an aide type out a normal tweet, but I have no doubt in my mind that he was thinking "YES!" when he heard the news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                You are not alone. I am not surprised he communicates like a non-native speaking 6th grade bully. I don't think it is intentional as much as it is the highest level of style he is capable of. I can't argue against the notion that he has a certain type of intelligence. He is cunning and has good political instincts that defy conventional wisdom. But the man cannot communicate in clear, concise, coherent, cohesive, and correct English. He has shown that time and time again. He makes GW Bush seem articulate, and that is saying something.
                                Sorry, the man is not "cunning". Asshole, yes. Buffoon, yes. Bully, yes. Intelligent, no. (My opinions.)
                                “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Working...
                                X