This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Can I borrow one of yours if I ever need one? You seem to have several.

FYI Darkons and other related ideas are real physics. They are used as an exercise in perspective adjustment. Rather than photo emmiters, you have darkon sinks. The math is the same.

J
    Ya don't say!
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      Can I borrow one of yours if I ever need one? You seem to have several.

FYI Darkons and other related ideas are real physics. They are used as an exercise in perspective adjustment. Rather than photo emmiters, you have darkon sinks. The math is the same.

J
      So many.....good.....band.....names........must...... .resist.
      “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Strong defense of a rape accusation by El Presidente. "She's not my type."

Soooooo, if you're accused of raping someone, your first reaction is to say that she doesn't look like someone who you would want to rape? I guess if she was more attractive, he would have totally raped her, right? That's......ummmm....one way to defend yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
          Strong defense of a rape accusation by El Presidente. "She's not my type."

Soooooo, if you're accused of raping someone, your first reaction is to say that she doesn't look like someone who you would want to rape? I guess if she was more attractive, he would have totally raped her, right? That's......ummmm....one way to defend yourself.
          This is where someone chimes in "the accuser said "some folks find rape sexy" Thus invalidating her claim..........
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
            So many.....good.....band.....names........must...... .resist.
            I never thought. FYI Darkons will be performing at ...

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• The President today again demonstrated that he has no knowledge of anything outside of his little bubble of the world. He was asked a question about bussing and western liberalism. His answers that I will quote below really give off the impression that he doesn't know that western liberalism is you know western democracy and not a California liberal. His answer on bussing really makes it look like he doesn't know that bussing was a term that was used during the desegregation of schools instead he thinks it is just a way kids get to school. To quote Rex Tillerson this guy is "a fucking moron."

Here are the quotes and questions...

When asked about Russian President Vladimir Putin’s recent opinion that Western-style liberalism had “become obsolete,” Trump responded as though Putin was speaking about liberals in America’s West and not about the democracies in Europe and America, commonly referred to as Western-style liberalism.

“Well, I mean he may feel that way. He’s sees what’s going on, I guess, if you look at what’s happening in Los Angeles, where it’s so sad to look, and what’s happening in San Francisco and a couple of other cities, which are run by an extraordinary group of liberal people,” Trump said.

When he was asked about the standout moment from the Democratic debate this week when Senator Kamala Harris confronted Joe Biden about his past positions on federally mandated busing. Trump somehow thinks the issue is purely about transportation instead of desegregation.

“Well, [busing is] something that they’ve done for a long period of time. You know, there aren’t that many ways you’re going to get people to schools… It is certainly a primary method of getting people to schools,” Trump said.

Just wow, I know it won't move the needle for anyone who has a position on Pres. Trump, but it hurts to hear him talk.

Comment

• 1jay will tell you--it is all an act Frae! Surely, no one who made it to his position could be that utterly ignorant of global and national politics and history! The man is a genius, distracting us with the slight of hand of his absolute buffoonery

Comment

• So other stuff from the G20 summit...

Why is Ivanka doing anything? She is in bilateral meetings, she is summarizing talks between her father and leaders to the press, and she is doing whatever the heck this is...

Could you imagine a Democrat playing bring their daughter to the G20? She has no credentials for this, being daddy's little girl does not entitle you to represent our country in important meetings.

Next, we have the Trump Kim love saga. I am all for diplomacy and have always preferred it to force, but we all know that what just happened was a glorified photo op and done so Trump can say he was the first to do something. He also legitimizes Kim to the world by doing this and then says he'd invite Kim to the White House. Add this to his Putin interaction at the G20 and I ask again where are serious Republican members of Congress and the Senate calling this shit what it is? Kim runs a brutal dictatorship that authorizes murders and starves many of his people and Trump lavishes praise on him. Heck, we ignore the American citizen they sent back basically dead. I know what Trump gets out of this, but I don't understand why more people won't speak up. Is everyone really afraid of Trump? Or have they really changed their views now? Somehow I don't think they have really changed their views and if this had been Obama it would be a different tune.
                  Last edited by frae; 06-30-2019, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• Washington Post has an article with full quotes of the exchanges at his press conference...

Trump responded to a question about "Western-style democratic liberalism" by talking about California Democrats, and he didn't seem to know what "busing" was, either.

Comment

• Frae, I admire your continued incredulity at Trump, his family, and the reactions or lack their of from his supporters. It seems you still have faith in the reasonableness and integrity of those who have his back no matter how egregious his behavior and words. I lost that faith long ago.

Comment

• I'm going to hypothesis, and I'm sure I'll get creamed for this, that there are a lot of people who voted for Trump that are looking for a chance to jump ship and are holding their tongues. They don't want to be outed as a defector for the tribe, and they need to safe some face.
                        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                          I'm going to hypothesis, and I'm sure I'll get creamed for this, that there are a lot of people who voted for Trump that are looking for a chance to jump ship and are holding their tongues. They don't want to be outed as a defector for the tribe, and they need to safe some face.
                          I sincerely hope you are right ItC. IDK. I just hope for the country's sake, whoever emerges from the Democratic side has the appeal it takes to take him down.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                            I'm going to hypothesis, and I'm sure I'll get creamed for this, that there are a lot of people who voted for Trump that are looking for a chance to jump ship and are holding their tongues. They don't want to be outed as a defector for the tribe, and they need to safe some face.
                            Sounds like people who witness a rape at a party staying quiet because they might be looked down on by the cool kids.

Edit: What's the saying? “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              Sounds like people who witness a rape at a party staying quiet because they might be looked down on by the cool kids.
                              I think this analogy is a little strong.

I think there are a lot of people who voted for Trump, and they didn't see that he was a naked emperor. Now, after some time, they realize he's not what they had hoped for and want a viable choice who isn't super-left. They're choosing not to say anything negative about Trump to friends and family. Think of them more as a silent assassin.
                              "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                              - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                              - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Tanks on the National Mall, now we can look like a North Korean parade.

Federal officials are scrambling to finalize plans for the president’s “Salute to America,” which will include jet flyovers, expanded fireworks and a special VIP section for a Trump speech at the Lincoln Memorial.

Comment

Working...
                                X