This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three things tonight, I can hardly keep up with the nonsense:

- Buzzfeed reports Trump directed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about the Moscow Tower project.

- CNN reports Trump had no idea William Barr had such a good relationship with Robert Mueller.

- Cohen also claims Trump, as a GOP candidate, had him pay a firm to help rig a couple of online polls in his favor. LOL.

Another day, more drama. Unreal.

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
      Trump if anything, isn't playing the politics as usual game - he wants to affect some type of progress
      This actually made me laugh out loud.

Comment

• Olivia Newton-John isn't Native American?!

Comment

• This thread is comedy gold.

Comment

• Starting to look like Mueller may be almost ready to deliver the goods on Trump?

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
              Starting to look like Mueller may be almost ready to deliver the goods on Trump?

https://www.vox.com/2019/1/18/181877...en-obstruction
              Yeah, but are we ever gonna hear what those goods are? Seems like much of it will end up being kept from the public.

Comment

• I think Mueller will take his time as he has all along - "You come at the king, you best not miss" The extension of the Gates sentencing, the multiple ongoing investigations referenced in redacted filings, etc. Plus, IMO, every time they turn over a rock, there is more to find with this pack of grifters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Igor View Post
                  I think Mueller will take his time as he has all along - "You come at the king, you best not miss" The extension of the Gates sentencing, the multiple ongoing investigations referenced in redacted filings, etc. Plus, IMO, every time they turn over a rock, there is more to find with this pack of grifters.
                  Yep, and his timing thus far isn't remotely out of line with that of prior special prosecutors in modern US history. So I don't buy the "If there was anything damning it would have been discovered and reported by now" mindset.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Yep Trump's presidency has failed because of Democrats and the media. Great take.
                    There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Trump's Presidency has been successful. He's annoying as hell, but he has gotten the job done. If he chooses to run again, there is a solid record to run upon.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
                      This actually made me laugh out loud.
                      So you laugh that I give Trump credit for attempting to get some things done that other administrations havent, but have no concerns about the scorched earth games that are being played by our "leaders"?

Two years ago I was told that I wasted my vote by voting third party. How can I vote for either of these parties, when I sit by and watch them play games that are detrimental to the people of this country. Im no fan of Trump - but I will at least give him some credit for pushing areas that have needed to be addressed. I again state, if the President was any other person than Trump, the Dems would at least come and negotiate. Unfortunately, thats not what happened - and because the Dems fucked up and chose to run #Imwithher - well we have the Trumpshow and its insanity.

If the Dems want to win over the people in the middle you know what would be great to see them do - Own up that the fucked it up! Then start trying to reach a reasonable compromise. Nope - But Trump ---- we wont give him one dollar.
                      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

any other person than Trump, the Dems would at least come and negotiate.
                        I agree with some of what you say but what has been getting out in the "fake news" is that the Dems won't negotiate. Both Trump and Graham have stated something along the lines of - "the Dems won't negotiate with us. We need $5.7B and we won't come down from that number and the Dems won't even compromise". As I understand compromise it doesn't mean "I get what I want and you have to give it to me". The House has passed bills to open parts of the government but the Senate (McConnell specifically) won't even discuss these bills because the President wouldn't sign them so it would be a waste of time.

With the Republicans refusing to budge on some items why should the Dems even bother to come to the table?

Comment

So you laugh that I give Trump credit for attempting to get some things done that other administrations havent, but have no concerns about the scorched earth games that are being played by our "leaders"?

Two years ago I was told that I wasted my vote by voting third party. How can I vote for either of these parties, when I sit by and watch them play games that are detrimental to the people of this country. Im no fan of Trump - but I will at least give him some credit for pushing areas that have needed to be addressed. I again state, if the President was any other person than Trump, the Dems would at least come and negotiate. Unfortunately, thats not what happened - and because the Dems fucked up and chose to run #Imwithher - well we have the Trumpshow and its insanity.

If the Dems want to win over the people in the middle you know what would be great to see them do - Own up that the fucked it up! Then start trying to reach a reasonable compromise. Nope - But Trump ---- we wont give him one dollar.
                          Realistically, the Dems have no incentive to negotiate. They are winning in the court of public opinion. Would make no sense to give Trump a victory by negotiating. You might not like it, but I think that’s the reality of modern day politics.
                          As to tour first paragraph. Yeah, I agree fully. Trump the Toddler has brought discourse to a new low for the country. The Democrats haven’t gotten over their loss and are gleefully watching his Presidency implode. Can’t imagine actually joining either of these parties, but us Libertarians are wasting our votes.

Comment

• This article from ABC seems to indicate that they will not open up votes if they dont believe Trump will sign them - which is why we are this standoff. I am tired of both sides playing scorched earth, if I havent made that clear enough.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/spea...ry?id=60331683
                            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                              Can’t imagine actually joining either of these parties, but us Libertarians are wasting our votes.
                              The wasting of our vote allows us - to the disdain of everyone else - freely bitch about both parties! (and correctly do so, by the way)

Comment

The wasting of our vote allows us - to the disdain of everyone else - freely bitch about both parties! (and correctly do so, by the way)
                                You got that right, Johnny!

Comment

Working...
                                X