This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    I've seen that one make the rounds this morning. He's a moron.

In all the discussions and articles about Trump posting it, I didn't see any of them that addressed even a further issue.

Trump... posted on Twitter... about Twitter being shut down.

Ummmm... you'd think there'd be a clue there somewhere that it might not be reality.
    Lol, yeah, I was being generous and figured he thought it was a momentary shut down to purge the platform of any and all Biden bad references. But yeah, I shouldn't be so generous. The man's brain is wired to only see in binary--things that help me and things that hurt me. Anything that helps him or his message is true, even if it is obviously false.

Comment

• Did you guys see Trump's town hall? The discussion over Trump retweeting a conspiracy about Bin Laden's death being fake? His response was “That was a retweet, I’ll put it out there. People can decide for themselves.”

How has he not been taken to task for that?

The president can't be putting out garbage conspiracies so that people can "decide for themselves". I know this is not the first time this has happened (or anywhere close), but this is a significant problem (and one of many with this administration). It seems like politically it would be pretty easy to push back against that.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        Fake News (or so says1J)
        Why would I say that? I don't care where medical research tissue comes from, so long as it's legal.

Are you anti-science or something? I note you still oppose opening up to reestablish the economy. Even WHO is saying that the benefits of lockdowns are not worth the economic costs.

In other news, Biden out rated Trump on broadcast viewership, though it was close.
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Did you guys see Trump's town hall? The discussion over Trump retweeting a conspiracy about Bin Laden's death being fake? His response was “That was a retweet, I’ll put it out there. People can decide for themselves.”

The president can't be putting out garbage conspiracies so that people can "decide for themselves". I know this is not the first time this has happened (or anywhere close), but this is a significant problem (and one of many with this administration). It seems like politically it would be pretty easy to push back against that.
          I'm sure we'll be seeing ads focused on this by the end of the day.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Not that most of his needed more confirmation of this, but I wonder what will be the straw that breaks the ones that still adore him?

"Former White House chief of staff, retired Marine Gen. John Kelly, has said that President Trump "is the most flawed person" he's ever known, CNN reported.

"The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life," Kelly has told friends, the outlet reported.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...7CV?li=BBnbfcL

Comment

• From Heather Cox Richardson, well respected historian and professor who does a daily post I read regularly. Will post about half of yesterdays to get us through to election day:

October 16, 2020 (Friday)
              The theme of the day was the palpable sense of rats leaving a sinking ship as Republicans, administration officials, and administration-adjacent people distanced themselves from the president.

There was a foreshadowing of that exodus on Wednesday, when Senator Ben Sasse (R-NE) let loose about the president in a telephone call with constituents. Sasse was an early critic of Trump but toned down his opposition significantly in the early part of the administration. On Wednesday, he reverted to his earlier position, saying he had “never been on the Trump train.” He complained about the way Trump “kisses dictators’ butts,” and went on: "The United States now regularly sells out our allies under his leadership, the way he treats women, spends like a drunken sailor…. [He] mocks evangelicals behind closed doors...has treated the presidency like a business opportunity" and has "flirted with white supremacists." He said: “What the heck were any of us thinking, that selling a TV-obsessed, narcissistic individual to the American people was a good idea?"
              The theme of abandoning the administration became apparent yesterday, when officials leaked the story that intelligence officials had warned Trump against listening to his lawyer Rudy Giuliani. This was a high-level leak, and suggests that more and more staffers are starting to look for a way off the S.S. Trump.
              The audience numbers for last night’s town halls was also revealing, as Biden attracted 700,000 more viewers on just one ABC outlet than Trump did on the three NBC outlets that carried his event. Biden’s town hall was the most watched event since the Oscars in February. It appears that people are simply tired of watching the president and are eager for calm and reason.

Today, a group called “43 Alumni for Biden” released an ad called “Team 46." It says that they are all lifelong Republicans, but because they recognize the qualities of leadership—including empathy-- everyone “on this team” is voting for Biden. “Let’s put Joe Biden in the White House.” The ad features a number of pictures of President George W. Bush, the forty-third president, and is narrated by someone whose voice sounds like his. Former U.S. Attorney Joyce Vance notes, “This looks awfully close to an endorsement of Biden from George W. Bush.”

Also today, the former chair of the New Hampshire Republican Committee, Jennifer Horn, urged “my fellow Republicans” not to vote for Trump’s reelection. In a piece in USA Today, Horn reminded Republicans of “the overwhelming sorrow and grief that this president” has inflicted on the country. Citing Covid-19 deaths, “cultural divides, racial unrest, economic disparity and constitutional abuses,” all of which “are just tools to be used to feed his narcissism, advance his political ambitions and line his pockets,” Horn indicted both Trump and the Republican Party that enables him.
              “This election poses a unique challenge,” she wrote. “It will test not Republican vs. Democrat or Trump vs. Biden, but rather, “We the People.” It is our role in this constitutional republic, our leadership, and our dedication to the promise of America that is being tested. Trump or America,” she wrote. “We cannot have both.”

Under pressure, Trump changed course today and approved the emergency declaration for California that he denied yesterday. Such a reconsideration would normally have taken until after the election, but this one happened fast. Earlier this week, Trump tweeted: “People are fleeing California. Taxes too high, Crime too high, Brownouts too many, Lockdowns too severe. VOTE FOR TRUMP, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE!!!”

Today CNN began teasers for a special on Sunday that will explain how former senior Trump officials believe Trump is unfit for the presidency. According to former White House Chief of Staff, retired Marine General John Kelly, “The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life."

Also today, Caroline Giuliani, the daughter of Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani, urged people to end Trump’s “reign of terror” by voting for “a compassionate and decent president,” Joe Biden. “[C]orruption starts with 'yes-men' and women, the cronies who create an echo chamber of lies and subservience to maintain their proximity to power," she wrote in a piece for Vanity Fair. "We've seen this ad nauseam with Trump and his cadre of high-level sycophants (the ones who weren't convicted, anyway)." Giuliani cheered Biden’s choice of Kamala Harris for his running mate, and wrote, "in Joe Biden, we'll have a leader who prioritizes common ground and civility over alienation, bullying, and scorched-earth tactics.” [T]ogether,” she said, “we can vote this toxic administration out of office."

And yet another story from the day: a third career prosecutor from the Department of Justice resigned after publicly attacking Attorney General William Barr for abusing his power to get Trump reelected. “After 36 years, I’m fleeing what was the U.S. Department of Justice,” Phillip Halpern wrote. “[T]he department’s past leaders were dedicated to the rule of law and the guiding principle that justice is blind. That is a bygone era, but it should not be forgotten.” Noting that “Barr has never actually investigated, charged or tried a case,” Halpern expressed deep concern over Barr’s “slavish obedience to Donald Trump’s will.” “This career bureaucrat seems determined to turn our democracy into an autocracy,” he warned.

Comment

Did you guys see Trump's town hall? The discussion over Trump retweeting a conspiracy about Bin Laden's death being fake? His response was “That was a retweet, I’ll put it out there. People can decide for themselves.”

And Savannah came back with this: "You're the president. You're not like someone's crazy uncle."

Comment

• That would be an insult to someone's crazy uncle.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                    That would be an insult to someone's crazy uncle.
                    So, how is the Ernst mess-up on crop prices going to play in Iowa? Will it actually make a difference?

ETC...Meant Ernst, not Greenfield.
                    Last edited by Hornsby; 10-17-2020, 10:56 AM.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                      Today, a group called “43 Alumni for Biden” released an ad called “Team 46." It says that they are all lifelong Republicans, but because they recognize the qualities of leadership—including empathy-- everyone “on this team” is voting for Biden. “Let’s put Joe Biden in the White House.” The ad features a number of pictures of President George W. Bush, the forty-third president, and is narrated by someone whose voice sounds like his. Former U.S. Attorney Joyce Vance notes, “This looks awfully close to an endorsement of Biden from George W. Bush.”
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                        Also today, Caroline Giuliani, the daughter of Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani, urged people to end Trump’s “reign of terror” by voting for “a compassionate and decent president,” Joe Biden. “[C]orruption starts with 'yes-men' and women, the cronies who create an echo chamber of lies and subservience to maintain their proximity to power," she wrote in a piece for Vanity Fair. "We've seen this ad nauseam with Trump and his cadre of high-level sycophants (the ones who weren't convicted, anyway)." Giuliani cheered Biden’s choice of Kamala Harris for his running mate, and wrote, "in Joe Biden, we'll have a leader who prioritizes common ground and civility over alienation, bullying, and scorched-earth tactics.” [T]ogether,” she said, “we can vote this toxic administration out of office."
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Girl in the Mirror--TLP

If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            So, how is the Ernst mess-up on crop prices going to play in Iowa? Will it actually make a difference?

ETC...Meant Ernst, not Greenfield.
                            I sure hope so but i doubt it. Farmers and pretty much all rural Iowa still will vote Trump and Ernst imo.

Comment

• And now he is telling everyone if he loses the election, he may have to leave the country. Plus this:

(I couldn't get this link out of facebook, sorry)

Comment

• Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
                                And now he is telling everyone if he loses the election, he may have to leave the country. Plus this:

(I couldn't get this link out of facebook, sorry)
                                Trump knows that if he loses the election he loses his protection from all of the prosecution (rape, tax evasion, fraud, etc) that awaits him and he will have to leave the country to avoid doing prison time.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X