This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Chicken, I'm done with you and your constant radical and bizarro world defense of a ghastly president who, bizarrely enough, you continue to claim to hate, despite TONS of evidence to the contrary. You're a sore loser who has to get in the final word, can't get over the fact your hero is despised, and you leap -- not jump, but leap -- to his defense constantly over nothing but minutiae.

Yup, Sarah Sanders is a gallant hero of TrumpWorld who has been wronged by the media, and now me, and is nothing but an innocent bystander in all this. Plus, she also needs 3 years off from her thankless, high stakes job (which she hasn't done in over 94 days) to now prepare for the grueling 2022 Arkansas Governor's race.

The guy who claims he hates snarkiness is now RJ's King of Snark. Laughable.
    I intend to get the last word. Just so you know. But, know that I found your concession speech awe inspiring.
    Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 06-20-2019, 04:19 PM.
    I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

The position’s open. Interested?
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Chicken, I'm done with you and your constant radical and bizarro world defense of a ghastly president who, bizarrely enough, you continue to claim to hate, despite TONS of evidence to the contrary. You're a sore loser who has to get in the final word, can't get over the fact your hero is despised, and you leap -- not jump, but leap -- to his defense constantly over nothing but minutiae.

Yup, Sarah Sanders is a gallant hero of TrumpWorld who has been wronged by the media, and now me, and is nothing but an innocent bystander in all this. Plus, she also needs 3 years off from her thankless, high stakes job (which she hasn't done in over 94 days) to now prepare for the grueling 2022 Arkansas Governor's race.

The guy who claims he hates snarkiness is now RJ's King of Snark. Laughable.
        And you claim you don't have TDS.

Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
          I intend to get the last word. Just so you know. But, know that I found your concession speech was awe inspiring.
          I guess I can take it from here..... What disparaging name would you prefer me use going forward...
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            I will defend Donald Trump's human dignity,
            You're a better disembodied voice on the Internet than I am.
            “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              I guess I can take it from here..... What disparaging name would you prefer me use going forward...
              I don’t really understand your question. Please, don’t explain it.
              I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Pick Me!!

BAN HAMMER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                GITH, you are now an official moderator of The Sports Bar and its sub-forums, including this one.

Comment

• My old friend gcstomp wants a piece of me, too. OK, let’s have at it.

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                  The continual ever present defense by you, Bernie in particular of a fascist wanna be is grotesque.
                  Can you show me where I have specifically defended Trump? It may have happened, but if it has, it's been a rare occurrence. I know you all want to conflate any right leaning push back as defending Trump, but that's disingenuous and lazy. I've pushed back to call BS or hypocrisy of the lefties on this Board, which of course pisses them off, and have most recently directed my efforts toward revo. Yes, I've crossed swords with many. Even you! Hey, I’m not a Democrat, nor am I a liberal, and I have no desire to be either. When I read your posts, they read to me like they come straight from the talking points of the DNC. I'm not trying to be a dick; I just saying that's how I read gcstomp posts. revo has often been over-the-top, and at times, simply intellectually dishonest in his posts. So maybe I've had my fill (its actually been for a while now) and I've elected myself the righty Policeman against the snarky crimes of the left. Ya know, I can elect myself to be that being a fascist and all. We have hundreds of lefty police on this board (that’s an intentional exaggeration, as its really about 25!) who pounce on any right leaning post (see the last ten pages or more of this thread), so I decided to fill the righty void.

I am taking the Jude approach and wont bounce in more than once every couple weeks in these talks you enjoy, so you get some free shots in my absence.
                  So, this is a drive by shooting, of sorts! Got it. I won't shoot back... at least not too much (now that there's a lie!)

The quote that you are taking offense with:

"Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who hasn't held a press briefing in 94 days — the longest drought ever for a president— is the next Trumpie to depart. I wonder if her getting caught lying about the FBI had anything to do with it?"

This above quote is true, Huckabee hasnt had a press briefing in a historically long stretch, and that is her job, so her need to be there is not so much. And She was caught lying about the FBI. Not to the FBI, which is a crime, but to the press, which is virtually 100% of time when she spoke there were lies to press.
                  I suspect you are sincere and think that's what my issue was with revo. It's wasn't. I wasn't suggesting that the part about "94 days" was ever in dispute. Your opinion of the job duties of the Press Secretary is based on the past 50 years or so, in which daily press briefings were held. I don’t disagree that this is the way it should be. If Bernie Brewer were President, it would be! The stopping of daily press briefing, if I recall correctly, kind of began during the second term of the Obama administration, but I'll have to verify that to be sure. Regardless, the press has been harsh towards Trump since he was elected and they weren't buying his BS, any way. So he's mandated a roll back of briefings, because the Jim Acosta types of the world, at least in Trump's mind, were just going to twist things negatively, anyway.

Now, to your comment about her getting caught making a false statement (an exaggeration, gross exaggeration, lie, pick which ever suits you best) to the press, is correct. She did and shame on her. But, I suspect she is neither the first to do this, nor will she be the last, but she was caught in a historically fraught and contentious media climate and she her mistake was magnified. The timing of it made it a really bad mistake. I wish it wasn't so, but it is. And, I suspect that part of the job of a "normal" Press Secretary is to represent the President at press briefings and to spin, redirect, or lead the press to look at the Presidents positions from a more positive light. It can’t be easy speaking for Trump, since he’ll undercut you the first chance he has. And, again, I’ll say with absolutely no personal knowledge that I doubt this has much to do with why she’s leaving.

But, none of that was, and still isn't, revo's position. He said explicitly that she was caught lying TO Mueller, for which there is no evidence of this being true. Only in revo speak is it true. For any reasonable person, it’s a flat out untruth.

Your constant posting, in desperate defense of Trump, its not about truth at all.
                  Um, again, without conflating, show me where I've defended Trump directly. I'll admit that I might have but, if I have, it’s been very infrequent. I think you and others chose to confuse my pushing back on nonsense and BS against some of the lefties as somehow defending Trump. They are two very, very different things. But, if you need to believe that to fight back at me or other righty posters, feel free to think what you want. Damn the facts to the contrary.

You cant admit how Trump ended up in position he is in is via an exceptional confluence of events, not just running against a historically unpopular candidate, but that there were a series of unprecedented circumstances, I could break it down for the 100th time, but would love to hear you say it, rather than stick to the line, Trump won because HRC didnt campaign in Wisconsin.
                  I can and I have. There is no need for you to “break it down” for me another 100 times. I gotcha the first time. I'll gladly, and publicly, restate my prior admission that Trump won because of a confluence of several imperfect storms. We just disagree on the degree to which some of those storms impacted the final outcome. And, that’s OK, the agreeing to disagree. Yes, I’m absolutely convinced that if HRC had spent any time campaigning in Wisconsin, she did not spend a day there after her nomination, she would have won the state handily. Despite all the other storms, this was an unforced error of her own doing and she could have likely have won the EC had not goofed. Can you not see any way to find agreement with this statement?

Can you admit there was a break in FBI protocol and that the Comey public statement days before election cost HRC something, 538 estimated it as some 1.5% neg move for HRC after Comey statement but its like nailing jello so just some effect.

Can you admit there was a mass russian election meddling via bots/troll farms/active groups dedicated to help Trump chances at election, and this operation is still, to this day, going on unimpeded?

I know Judge has stated he felt it was a nothing burger until I provided links showing it was some couple hundred million contacts with people in varying degree. Again like nailing jello, what effect did this have? Maybe negligible, it only had to be a tiny fraction of 1% of 1% contacts to be decisive in swinging election.
                  Can you admit the 100+ russian contacts with Trump circle leading to election is not a great look, Trumps eagerness to trash every one of US allies but never a harsh word for Putin, and his siding with Putin over our intel agencies in Helsinki, not a great look. Trump having private meetings with no US counterpart present with Putin, who does have his translator, and we learn about meetings only thru russian announcements, not great look.
                  I can admit to all. I agree that these things had some contributory impact on the general election vote totals. I’m not sure it had a material impact on the Electoral College totals. It might have, but, to what extent? There’s where we are in disagreement.

"Still going on unimpeded" is largely a Democratic trope. There have been many stories posted on reputable news sites, such as this one in the NYT where they talk about what’s being done to slow outside interference. Here’s just one link:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/02/u...erference.html

Outside interference is going to continue, because the threat keeps evolving, just like revo, and the government will have to try hard to stay ahead of the evolution. The intel community is working, whether with or without Trump’s blessing, to fight the threat. But, back to your impact point, how much impact did these things have? I'm not sure. And you can’t know this either, other than through speculation. As you suggest, 538 does exactly that, they speculate. And, I do trust them, so let's say they're right about the Comey impact. Do we really know what impact the Russian had? Mueller doesn't. It is indisputable that Russia definitely tried to interfere in the election, largely because of Putin’s hated Hillary. Russia was already doing hacking before they had the knowledge that Trump would be the GOP nominee. When Trump became the nominee, they saw an opportunity and took it. His asking for help with Hillary’s emails was stupid, but he was pissed and maybe I get that. He isn’t polished as a politician and he certainly isn’t intemperate as we’ve learned. He reacted when he should have handled Hillary better. Is that defending him, eh, maybe, I’ve been there and said dumb things at a Board or Shareholder meeting that I’ve instantly regretted. But, while his ego won’t allow him to ever apologize or admit he’s wrong, he isn’t alone afflicted with this personality quirk. I’ll also admit that the Mueller report says that this stupid comment did coincide with an immediate increase in the GRU’s hacking efforts. But, what real impact did it have in EC totals?

As for Helsinki, it’s apparent that you don’t recall that I called Trump out pretty vociferously immediately after his Helsinki performance? You can look that up, it’s somewhere in this forum. You won't find disagreement here about how bad it looks, optics or otherwise, and how politically naive it was to not have advisors and interpreters in the room.

I know Trump had his big white power clan rally in Orlando a couple of days, I am a floridian and cant help notice that there is no mention of the open white supremacist support/signs of his supporters. This is seriously broken, mass open comfortable support for what were in the shadows groups but who have found in Trump and his hate policy, a home. You post some dozen times a day supporting Trump rather than talk about the thousands of children, even infants, being forcibly seperated from their parents and held for months in what our own agencies are saying are inhumane conditions.
                  Do you really suppose I don’t care about the completely broken immigration issue and the children. You’re foolish enough to think only likeminded people to you care? More force feeding by the Party!!!

If they really gave a crap, why aren’t the Democrats doing everything they can to fix this problem? I’d support that, but they can’t politically give the President anything that could somehow be construed as a win, so they refuse to work with him, other than make offers for optics that they know he will never accept.

Evil is helped a bit with every support of a known evil entity.
                  See, this is where it gets personal and I tune you out. I’m evil? Am I a white supremacist? Am I a racist? Because I don’t walk hand in hand with you on your world view, I’m a bad guy?

Thanks for making it personal.
                  Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 06-20-2019, 06:39 PM.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Everything you just said in response to me sounded reasonable. And i did look up your response to trump in helsinki and you were critical the day after, so i will lighten up.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                      Everything you just said in response to me sounded reasonable. And i did look up your response to trump in helsinki and you were critical the day after, so i will lighten up.
                      Thank you. Maybe we all need to lighten up. I’m going to work on that myself.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

I don’t really understand your question. Please, don’t explain it.
                        Too late, I'm the new Mod in here Buddy Boy.....

FWIW, I was trolling you in that Revo is laying off so I have to take up his mantle..........Oh wait--I explained it.

You're BANNED for making me contradict your statement.

on to One Jay--I hope there's a lot to do in Waco seeing as how you won;t be posting in here for a while.

BANNED.

If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Too late, I'm the new Mod in here Buddy Boy.....

FWIW, I was trolling you in that Revo is laying off so I have to take up his mantle..........Oh wait--I explained it.

You're BANNED for making me contradict your statement.

on to One Jay--I hope there's a lot to do in Waco seeing as how you won;t be posting in here for a while.

BANNED.

Have mentioned that you look amazing in that new jacket, and those shoes and that belt really bring out the color in your eyes? It’s all very trimming on you!!

Greasing the skids because I think I broke the last moderator, not on purpose, but...

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Have mentioned that you look amazing in that new jacket, and those shoes and that belt really bring out the color in your eyes? It’s all very trimming on you!!

Greasing the skids because I think I broke the last moderator, not on purpose, but...
                            It is very straight. Why are there no cuffs?

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                              It is very straight. Why are there no cuffs?

J

My arms are very long from all that patting myself on the back.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

My arms are very long from all that patting myself on the back.
                                I see you wearing a Chippendales white collared dress-shirt with no sleeves. Just say’n.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Working...
                                X