Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YOU ARE A FUCKING MORON or a TROLL either way FUCK OFF.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      YOU ARE A FUCKING MORON or a TROLL either way FUCK OFF.
      No I'm not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        It is entirely the fault of the governors that our country has the most cases and deaths in the world.
        To be fair, he did promise us from the start that we'd be doing lots of winning.

Comment

• 1J relishes the attention that his idiocy affords him on this site. You guys really are wasting your time and energy.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Wait, what? Yes we are absolutely near the top in deaths per million. And it gets worse when you consider population density, since we are far more spread out than those with more deaths/million (which should help significantly) yet we've still been unable to control this.
            Point, though it's offset by our personal mobility. Still, the number of elderly is at least as big a consideration.

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            And this is why I sometimes think we just need to split the country and go to our separate corners and see how that works. Anyone who thinks Trump has done a good job with the pandemic is not someone I want voting for the leader of my country, and I'm sure you, 1jay, and others who think he has done super great feel the same about me and mine who think he has clearly done horribly at it. We just don't even see the same reality. How can we ever agree on strategies for success when we don't even see the same game?

ETA: Oh, and if he had actually done a good job of keeping the virus from spreading in the US, he wouldn't have to spend so much now to save the economy. Since the loss of lives seems not to bother you, maybe that point will hit home how poorly Trump has done. His inaction and actions have added trillions to our debt.
            I agree, mostly. I don't claim Trump did a good job on the pandemic, just that he didn't botch it like Cuomo .

We would have done better following Florida's approach. If we had focused on protecting the most vulnerable and let the majority go about their lives with only minor changes, the economy would be in far better shape. It never made sense to shut down Wyoming.

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            No I'm not.
            Something we can agree upon.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              1J relishes the attention that his idiocy affords him on this site. You guys really are wasting your time and energy.
              I agree, I just can't help playing Whack a Moron every now and then.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                No I'm not.
                I'd disagree but

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

1J relishes the attention that his idiocy affords him on this site. You guys really are wasting your time and energy.
                  Yeah, well, no CBB isn't around, Chance has gone the way of the computer from WarGames, and 1jay is the only one around here claiming Trump is a great president who isn't at all a racist, self-centered egomaniac who would become a dictator if we let him, and who actually, if you look at it the "right" way, handled this pandemic pretty well! Without engaging him, we are left with the typical in-fighting where the more progressive among us inevitably attack the slightly less progressive among us, and since he is a lone wolf, I want to hear him out, as his perspective is rare here (but not rare in the US). But you are right, it gets tiring. I think I've had my fill for the next half decade or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    We would have done better following Florida's approach.
                    Now there is a sentence I have not seen often in my lifetime as a born and raised Floridian.

Comment

Yeah, well, no CBB isn't around, Chance has gone the way of the computer from WarGames, and 1jay is the only one around here claiming Trump is a great president who isn't at all a racist, self-centered egomaniac who would become a dictator if we let him, and who actually, if you look at it the "right" way, handled this pandemic pretty well! Without engaging him, we are left with the typical in-fighting where the more progressive among us inevitably attack the slightly less progressive among us, and since he is a lone wolf, I want to hear him out, as his perspective is rare here (but not rare in the US). But you are right, it gets tiring. I think I've had my fill for the next half decade or so.
                      If you need input like his, find the nearest street crazy rambling on the corner while they drool down their chin.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        If you need input like his, find the nearest street crazy rambling on the corner while they drool down their chin.
                        But I won't get the smug, self-assured confidence that he is right there. I know that guy on the corner--he is more urgent and emphatic, but not smug and condescending. I like to imagine 1jay smirking and shaking his head at me in pity for my ignorance (after all, liberalism is a mental disorder, right?). It is amusing until you realize there are between 60-70 million people in this country who feel the same way.

Comment

Yeah, well, no CBB isn't around, Chance has gone the way of the computer from WarGames, and 1jay is the only one around here claiming Trump is a great president who isn't at all a racist, self-centered egomaniac who would become a dictator if we let him
                          Wait, dictators have to ask for permission ?
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            Wait, dictators have to ask for permission ?
                            Not once they achieve that status. Fortunately, Trump has not, yet.

Comment

I've put him on ignore....don't tell him.
                              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Chance has gone the way of the computer from WarGames,
                                I already did Global Thermonuclear War and it didn't turn out well. I'm pretty much sticking to Chess now. I'll comment a bit in the RBG thread since I'm intrigued on how McConnell will play this, but other than poll/voting observations, won't play in here much at all.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X