This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Hard to say but China is the obvious target since the NK negotiations are not occurring in a vacuum. Telling China that he is not going to offer huge concessions for token progress is important. For comparison, consider the disastous Iran deal. Obama/Kerry shipped to Iran enough money, in cash, to build the wall.

J
    Wait, the Iran deal was disastrous how? Because it got Iran to stop progress toward building a nuclear weapon?
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      Wait, the Iran deal was disastrous how? Because it got Iran to stop progress toward building a nuclear weapon?
      I'm more scratching my head at OneJ saying with certainty that Trump got what he wanted, followed by saying it's "hard to say" what he got.

Comment

• Senate Rejects Trump’s Border Emergency Declaration, Setting Up First Veto
        Last edited by swampdragon; 03-14-2019, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
          I'm more scratching my head at OneJ saying with certainty that Trump got what he wanted, followed by saying it's "hard to say" what he got.

I was reading something about Joseph Heller today (an alum of my HS), and realized that OneJay is a walking version of Catch-22. He speaks in circular references and paradoxes, mixes in some smirky riddles, and and the end of it all, you're just left scratching your head and walking away.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            I was reading something about Joseph Heller today (an alum of my HS), and realized that OneJay is a walking version of Catch-22. He speaks in circular references and paradoxes, mixes in some smirky riddles, and and the end of it all, you're just left scratching your head and walking away.
            You'd have to be crazy to try to understand his posts, and trying to understand his posts also makes you crazy ?? Not quite there, but maybe close.
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            ---------------------------------------------
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Bingo!
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

The real headscratcher is why you guys keep going back.
                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• i understand onejay.

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                    The real headscratcher is why you guys keep going back.
                    I’m a glutton for punishment!

Comment

• 49 Muslims gunned down in a terrorist attack in New Zealand, and the gunman praises Donald Trump as a "symbol of renewed white identity." And then as if on cue, Trump tweets out his condolences before forgetting about the whole thing and tweet-raging on other topics such as Crooked Hilary and Obama and the fake Mueller hoax.

Comment

49 Muslims gunned down in a terrorist attack in New Zealand, and the gunman praises Donald Trump as a "symbol of renewed white identity." And then as if on cue, Trump tweets out his condolences before forgetting about the whole thing and tweet-raging on other topics such as Crooked Hilary and Obama and the fake Mueller hoax.
                        I just started watching Man In the High Tower on amazon. It's a re-imagining of a post WWII world where Germany beat us to the bomb and won the war. The US is split into an eastern German Zone and a Western Japaneses zone. While still cruel at times, the Japanese get a more sympathetic imagining while the Nazis are generally all sociopaths. It amazes me while watching it that in two years, Nazis and white supremacists have gone from universally reviled sociopaths to "very fine people" who don't get afforded enough freedom to spread their message.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Horrifying that this asshole continues to shit on the legacy of a true American hero. Republicans should be repulsed, but since they’re brainwashed, they’re not.

Comment

If preventing the development of a nuclear weapon was the objective, it failed. If extracting concessions for releasing sanctions was an objective, it failed. If slowing down progress toward a nuclear weapon was the objection it appears likely we did the opposite.

Failure at every level, except in sound bites. We have peace in our time for the next five years, maybe. Then, no promises.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• When the deal was signed in 2015, Iran gave up its stockpile of highly enriched uranium, shut down the centrifuges that were producing highly enriched uranium, and allowed access for international inspections.
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

When the deal was signed in 2015, Iran gave up its stockpile of highly enriched uranium, shut down the centrifuges that were producing highly enriched uranium, and allowed access for international inspections.
                                maybe in your world they did...
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X