This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    well, a Nashville bombing is not something useful for potential political talking points for me.

and yes, I spent the last two Super Bowl Sundays on a work weekend on the very street that was bombed.

the bar/restaurant that we rented out, I am told, had all its windows blown out and I also am told that the entrance/lobby is pretty much gone.

I have many work colleagues who live very close to there, so whether this was a lone wolf or a member of a massive conspiracy is of vital interest to me.

I just don't think that a well-respected member of any online community ought to be tossing out flippant "they are saying" rando conspiracies of the day so carelessly. the next 2 posts afterwards here backed the "rumor" and others rallied to you.

"I saw some other stuff on Twitter" - Seitzer, you don't want to be a leader, I get it.

but in this forum, you are (for obvious reasons). deal with it.

feels like almost nobody here except me (and belatedly, you) is questioning whether we should be so sure that this is a 5G + Quanon conspiracy theorist. you helped poison the well, like it or not.

and much respect to DMT for not fearing the mob in accurately reflecting my positions. 'right-leaning' (and left-leaning) impressions people make of others comes from a parallax view - basically, the further you divert from the center, the more inaccurate your sense of reality becomes.

"The 5G angle has some legs. WHY park in front of the ATT store?"

um, does that sound familiar? have you ever seen some interviews on Fox News and heard the same sentiments? did it make you wonder why they just start with an assumption, and then backfill to fit their agenda? do you think that makes sense?

look, in the end, do you guys prefer to believe that this guy is a 5G/Quanon nut, regardless of the truth (which btw we don't know yet)?

would you rather not pop in here and have a bunch of posters reinforce rumors that your echo chamber already has told you to believe - especially if it turns out to be false?

I sincerely hope the latter sentiment about getting facts not fiction - but I am not optimistic.

there's no reason to 'need' this guy to be another talking point - you have plenty already. let's wait and see how this plays out, and let's treat each other better by trying to pass along more than rando Twitter rants and unreliable rumors.
    Dude, what's your point?

I hadn't done anything but make a joke about MY 5G working. Yeah I called you a right leaning poster and you are--I can go back and search up proof, but why? I never said you were a Trumper in my reply did I? And what are we supposed to do until the facts come out? Ignore it? because KS speculates you bust his balls? How about busting Trump and the GOP for saying not a fuck about it? Your disheartened because you think we don't want to know the facts--WTF?

Have an opinion, if you're right excellent, if not Own your shit.. It's THAT easy.

And yes--If you think about it rather than wait for someone to FEED you something--the 5G angle makes as much sense as anything else. NOT that it makes the MOST sense, but as no one is pointing to anything else, what's the issue?

Do you wan't us to wait till we have hard evidence to opine?

If that's the case we can't speculate on baseball players for ext. year cuz, well ya know--we ain't got the hard stats to back it yet.

I could be wrong, but it seems like KS alluded to--you and others on the right just wait for a gotcha moment or some whataboutism to speak otherwise you as Gershwin said: Sit in solemn silence on a dull dry dock.

But hey have at it if it's the only thing ya got.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Dr. James Phillips, an emergency room doctor at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, has been removed from the hospital schedule. Phillips publicly criticized President Trump, who was being treated for Covid-19 at the hospital, for taking his motorcade and Secret Service agents on a drive to wave at supporters outside in October.

Phillips had called the President's drive-by "completely unnecessary" and said Trump put lives at risk for "political theater" in an October tweet that has since been deleted.

"That Presidential SUV is not only bulletproof, but hermetically sealed against chemical attack," he tweeted then. "The risk of COVID19 transmission inside is as high as it gets outside of medical procedures. The irresponsibility is astounding. My thoughts are with the Secret Service forced to play."
      He continued: "Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary Presidential 'drive-by' just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die. For political theater. Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theater. This is insanity."

Phillips worked his final shift at the hospital Sunday and tweeted that he would "miss the patients" and thanked hospital staff for support.
      "I'm honored to have worked there and I look forward to new opportunities. I stand by my words, and I regret nothing," he wrote.

Walter Reed National Military Medical Center said there was "no decision made by anyone" at the hospital to remove Phillips, who was a contract employee, from the schedule in a statement to CNN Monday.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• FWIW, I've always thought of the sports bar as a virtual version of a real bar where I'd go for a couple of pints and shoot the shit with a few friends. When it works best it's a lot like that. When it doesn't, well IRL I don't go to that bar anymore.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• as an RVer I feel bad like there wasn't enough problems. now police officers will be knocking on every RV not at a campground. once you become a boondocker, every RV you drive by that's parked at a house you looked to see if the electric cord is plugged in and someone is 'habitating' inside. it's illegal everywhere. such is the way of zoning laws. the tiny house infatuation is slowly changing the laws. you also take notice of an RV anywhere else. lately there has been one guy in a rest stop for like 3 weeks. which is amazing. that's dangerous though. that was a rest stop I had mapped out potentially if I ever had to. another one, they found a dead body at not too long ago. which is RI, everyday someone gets stabbed or shot or killed.

I would also add, after reading a recent NYT article when you get infected, it's possible your immune system or the virus breaks the blood brain barrier, and people in the age group of 30-70 not prone to schizophrenia or dementia are developing psychosis's. and that is already on top of the pressures already wrought by the virus.

even in normal times doctors are saying 50% of people are walking around with some for of mental illness. I wasn't really sure what they meant by that but, these aren't normal times.

if we were in a bar right now i'd buy everyone a drink. you guys would get to see drunk Larry. I am more passive in RL. but i think people can afford to do that when they have someplace to go, for example, online- kind of like dreaming, where you talk or work out your thoughts in a special place.

ps. about 5G, heh. the best explanation about cell phones not causing cancer i ever heard was that the radiowaves are no harmful than a hammer. the wavelength is bigger than a cell, it can't enter a cell and just damage DNA and leave. it would actually destroy the cell. unlike UV i think. 3G whatever cell phones have been around a while and there hasn't really been any obvious effects, oh and i am counting the years that go by and can keep saying, so far so good. that doesn't mean the way we are going it can't be an easier tool to spy on everyone. but the benefits are also enormous. even construction buildings remotely with remote controlled equipment to everyplace in the world having access to any information.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post

ps. about 5G, heh. the best explanation about cell phones not causing cancer i ever heard was that the radiowaves are no harmful than a hammer. the wavelength is bigger than a cell, it can't enter a cell and just damage DNA and leave. it would actually destroy the cell. unlike UV i think. 3G whatever cell phones have been around a while and there hasn't really been any obvious effects, oh and i am counting the years that go by and can keep saying, so far so good. that doesn't mean the way we are going it can't be an easier tool to spy on everyone. but the benefits are also enormous. even construction buildings remotely with remote controlled equipment to everyplace in the world having access to any information.
            That really is a great explanation.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-2019-n1252536

Yeah he seems normal.

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I hope they have enough handcuffs for the election protestors in DC.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    I hope they have enough handcuffs for the election protestors in DC.
                    This is a live stream of the current protests, seem to be turning to riots, pepper spray and clashes with police now.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I hope they have enough handcuffs for the election protestors in DC.
                      Don't these people work??? Jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Don't these people work??? Jeez.
                        i think I saw a woman.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          i think I saw a woman.
                          Was she Blonde and white?
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            Was she Blonde and white?
                            nah, it was a fat guy with breasts

Comment

• Here we go.....Electoral College review paused as pro-Trump protesters breach US Capitol and Capitol police ask for backup.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Here we go.....Electoral College review paused as pro-Trump protesters breach US Capitol and Capitol police ask for backup.
                                Yup, sad day.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X