This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I am staggering around with traumatic brain injury looking for a mountain....while texting. Wish me luck
    Good luck. Remember, it's the Holy Mountain. It's all that can save you.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I am staggering around with traumatic brain injury looking for a mountain....while texting. Wish me luck
      File this under "bad life decisions"
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Good luck, Feral.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

If you find it, you only need to go half way up.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Has this happened before? It seems like social media lets Trump post whatever he wants, but they pulled his message that said that covid is far less lethal than the flu for most populations. Here is the message that finally got them to act, after it had been up for hours, and had tons of amplification from the "shamdemic" crowd.

"Flu season is coming up! Many people every year, sometimes over 100,000, and despite the Vaccine, die from the Flu. Are we going to close down our Country? No, we have learned to live with it, just like we are learning to live with Covid, in most populations far less lethal!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Has this happened before? It seems like social media lets Trump post whatever he wants, but they pulled his message that said that covid is far less lethal than the flu for most populations. Here is the message that finally got them to act, after it had been up for hours, and had tons of amplification from the "shamdemic" crowd.

"Flu season is coming up! Many people every year, sometimes over 100,000, and despite the Vaccine, die from the Flu. Are we going to close down our Country? No, we have learned to live with it, just like we are learning to live with Covid, in most populations far less lethal!!!"
              nevermind that the facts state the Flu kills on average, 34K per year and the HIGHEST death toll in the past was 61K in 2018-19, but he close enough for Jazz right OneJay!
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                nevermind that the facts state the Flu kills on average, 34K per year and the HIGHEST death toll in the past was 61K in 2018-19, but he close enough for Jazz right OneJay!
                I am disappointed 1jay went ghost when I tried to pin him down to that avatar bet. He seemed certain Trump would exceed 70 million votes and could top 75 million. I offered him the over on 67.5 million and 66.5 million, both well under his predictions, but he did not respond to either. I was gonna make his avatar something like one of those shirts that list "climate change is real, black lives matter, love is love" etc.

Comment

I am disappointed 1jay went ghost when I tried to pin him down to that avatar bet. He seemed certain Trump would exceed 70 million votes and could top 75 million. I offered him the over on 67.5 million and 66.5 million, both well under his predictions, but he did not respond to either. I was gonna make his avatar something like one of those shirts that list "climate change is real, black lives matter, love is love" etc.
                  LOL...I'm a little surprised he didn't bite on the 66.5 mil. Even I think Trump has a good chance of hitting that figure, though I was highly skeptical of the 70 mil vote figure. And I'd even offer to let him use the avatar I dropped on BuckyBuckner many years ago, which was a hybrid of an Anime character and Jigglypuff from the Pokemon/Smash Bros world should he win.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    LOL...I'm a little surprised he didn't bite on the 66.5 mil. Even I think Trump has a good chance of hitting that figure, though I was highly skeptical of the 70 mil vote figure. And I'd even offer to let him use the avatar I dropped on BuckyBuckner many years ago, which was a hybrid of an Anime character and Jigglypuff from the Pokemon/Smash Bros world should he win.
                    Wait, is that jigglpuff-anime hybrid supposed to be a punishment? I'd take that over the alternative punishment avatar options any day. I'll bet ya at 66.5 mil if you are game. though, at that figure, it could get ugly in terms of what the final vote count is...we may have to pre-agree on accepting the official numbers. That means you have to accept all those fraudulent mail-in votes Trump wants to not count .
                    Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-06-2020, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• Trump shuts down stimulus talks until after "I win!"

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...ter-i-n1242312

This is just great writing:
                      Trump then praised the state of the economy, pointing to the stock market, unemployment, and recent job gains. In the minutes after his tweet, the Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged more than 400 points.
                      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Wait, is that jigglpuff-anime hybrid supposed to be a punishment?
                        Heh...it was in that case, though I expect 1jay would just give you a smiling Trump avatar.

I'll bet ya at 66.5 mil if you are game. though, at that figure, it could get ugly in terms of what the final vote count is...we may have to pre-agree on accepting the official numbers.
                        Oh, heck no, I'm staying out of any betting this year. Been there, done that, for much higher stakes, and lost every time. Every time I haven't made a bet on here, I've been pleasantly surprised, so I'm going to run with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Oh, heck no, I'm staying out of any betting this year. Been there, done that, for much higher stakes, and lost every time. Every time I haven't made a bet on here, I've been pleasantly surprised, so I'm going to run with that.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Another bit of comedy gold from the LP. Again, I don't post these because I'm a convert to moderate Republicanism. I post these, because I appreciate the craft and talent behind these ads. I also respect the power they are wielding with these ads against Trump and other Republicans they want out. It is a heck of an effective way to make your influence felt and to combat moderate Republicans cowering to far right loons like QAnon. They are trying to let candidates going forward know that if you pivot into the crazy, they will come for you.

It will be interesting to see if anyone on the left does the same in the future. I could see a progressive political action committee hammering centrists who serve corporate interests or a blue dog one hitting at progressives. It is truly amazing the impact they have had given how incredibly small their fundraising has been compared to other PACs, if the reported numbers are to be believed. A small group with some money can do a lot of damage with viral marketing. Again, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see a group like this emerge on the left in the future.

It portends the continued fracturing within the parties. I don't know if it will ever lead to the formation of 3rd and 4th parties, but I don't know if it would be a bad thing if we had that. A true progressive party on the left, and a split between McCain/Romney types on the right from the Trump/QAnon crazies.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bZC...ature=emb_logo
                              Last edited by fuhrdog; 10-07-2020, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• That video has been recycled many times over the years with different subtitles to fit different story lines. But, i still enjoyed this newest version.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X