This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    The WaPo story tonight is pretty damning on Flynn, so I think that your first impression is going to be right. Pretty damn sad that the 1st to go essentially committed the offense during the Obama administration, and the Trump team was warned that things didn't look good.

Spicer is as good as gone as well, IMO...it's just going to take a little longer. What's amazing is that Omarosa has a WH position of some power...WTF happened to this country?
    I read some speculation tonight that with Spicer goes Reince Priebus, and that Conway may be the new Chief of Staff.
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
      I read some speculation tonight that with Spicer goes Reince Priebus, and that Conway may be the new Chief of Staff.
      You just can't write this shit.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Do you have good lawyers and bad lawyers? Good mechanics and bad mechanics? Good teachers and bad teachers? What do they call the person who finished last in his class at medical school? Doctor.

There are good, bad, and mediocre in every profession, not everyone is going to be a shining star.
        Yeah, and if my car is messed up, I'm not taking it to a bad mechanic. At least not twice. And bad teachers get fired. And bad doctors....ah nevermind...
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

The WaPo story tonight is pretty damning on Flynn, so I think that your first impression is going to be right. Pretty damn sad that the 1st to go essentially committed the offense during the Obama administration, and the Trump team was warned that things didn't look good.

Spicer is as good as gone as well, IMO...it's just going to take a little longer. What's amazing is that Omarosa has a WH position of some power...WTF happened to this country?
          Boom. Flynn is done.
          I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• The longshot pays off. I wonder if the GOP guardians of national security will start to chant "lock him up".

I also have to wonder if this was part of the reason Sally Yates was fired. Now the question becomes what did the President know and when did he know it?
            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

The longshot pays off. I wonder if the GOP guardians of national security will start to chant "lock him up".

I also have to wonder if this was part of the reason Sally Yates was fired. Now the question becomes what did the President know and when did he know it?
              Not making it through his term.......

Comment

The longshot pays off. I wonder if the GOP guardians of national security will start to chant "lock him up".

Speculation out of the WH is that this is exactly the reason that Yates was fired...this is indeed the gang that couldn't shoot straight. Also speculation as to whether Pence really knew what was going on and just lied about it, or was actually just lied to, and repeated the lie to the press. Again, either way doesn't look very good...

And i know that your tongue was firmly planted in your cheek when you were wondering about locking him up...the GOP sold their soul to the Trump administration, no chance they turn face this soon.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• 1% of Trump 1st term in the books, and it has been smooth sailing. I dont see a great solution, Pence is uber conservative, as in turn back the clock decades. Trump is a shameless huckster and pathological liar. Can even the most loyal conservatives dispute that the guy lies at an absurd velocity, and has all the subtlety and nuance dealing with foreign leaders as Crazy Eddie selling tv's on the old commercials.

Comment

Speculation out of the WH is that this is exactly the reason that Yates was fired...this is indeed the gang that couldn't shoot straight. Also speculation as to whether Pence really knew what was going on and just lied about it, or was actually just lied to, and repeated the lie to the press. Again, either way doesn't look very good...

And i know that your tongue was firmly planted in your cheek when you were wondering about locking him up...the GOP sold their soul to the Trump administration, no chance they turn face this soon.
                    Sure, it was meant as more of a nod to the fact that Flynn actually led the chant of 'lock her up' at the GOP convention. It was strange watching a three-star general do so.

Now what do they do to replace him? As much as I like Petraeus, can they really appoint someone with that much baggage? A person actually convicted of mishandling classified information while involved in an extra-marital affair? Doesn't that just scream 'opportunity for Soviet infiltration'? In light of the Flynn fiasco, I have to think they will go in another direction.

On the other hand, I have enjoyed watching Stephen Miller receive his much-deserved negative reviews. One of the kindest descriptions I read referred to him as "that sweaty boy".

Comment

Sure, it was meant as more of a nod to the fact that Flynn actually led the chant of 'lock her up' at the GOP convention. It was strange watching a three-star general do so.

Now what do they do to replace him? As much as I like Petraeus, can they really appoint someone with that much baggage? A person actually convicted of mishandling classified information while involved in an extra-marital affair? Doesn't that just scream 'opportunity for Soviet infiltration'? In light of the Flynn fiasco, I have to think they will go in another direction.

On the other hand, I have enjoyed watching Stephen Miller receive his much-deserved negative reviews. One of the kindest descriptions I read referred to him as "that sweaty boy".
                      I rather like "slenderman" for Miller, a nod to the Teen girl fictional character that is described like this in the Wiki:

It is depicted as resembling a thin, unnaturally tall man with a blank and usually featureless face, wearing a black suit.
                      But yeah, I agree with you that Patreaus isn't going to fly...a guy that got off of a felony charge by the skin of his teeth (and a good lawyer), isn't going to pass muster with either the public, or, I believe, the Senate. Especially since the charges were dealing with classified information.

I don't honestly know where they go with this one...Colin Powell anyone?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I rather like "slenderman" for Miller, a nod to the Teen girl fictional character that is described like this in the Wiki:

But yeah, I agree with you that Patreaus isn't going to fly...a guy that got off of a felony charge by the skin of his teeth (and a good lawyer), isn't going to pass muster with either the public, or, I believe, the Senate. Especially since the charges were dealing with classified information.

In this administration?

Powell just doesn't have the right complexion.

Comment

• The Flynn resignation is a good example of the press being re-invigorated. Great reporting forced the administration to actually take action, because if the Washington Post hadn't reported that the Justice Department had told the Trump people several weeks ago about the contents of the call, it's unlikely, IMO, that anything would have been done.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Powell would be a great choice for the position. So there's no way he's going to be put up by Trump.
                            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                              1% of Trump 1st term in the books, and it has been smooth sailing. I dont see a great solution, Pence is uber conservative, as in turn back the clock decades. Trump is a shameless huckster and pathological liar. Can even the most loyal conservatives dispute that the guy lies at an absurd velocity, and has all the subtlety and nuance dealing with foreign leaders as Crazy Eddie selling tv's on the old commercials.
                              I wish people would stop using this srguement. Lots of loyal conservatives didn't and don't support him. yes, a higher percentage do, but many of us don't. Many in fact voted, with the taste of vomit i their mouths, for the liberal candidate or like me, wrote in someone who better represents their vision for the country.
                              I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                                Powell just doesn't have the right complexion.
                                By this, I assume you mean his ethnicity?

What is the evidence that supports this comment? I'm all in favor of calling Trump out on his shenanigans, lying, and thin-skinedness (if that's not yet a real word, it will be), etc. There's a lot there to call him out on, why is there a need to also create a racist narrative? Maybe I missed something that he said. And I'm not interested in the law suits from the 1970s as a basis for his racist-ness. I'm interested in things he might have said over the course of the campaign or since he began forming his cabinet. Sessions, got it! What else you got, because that's not enough and there is much to counter that narrative.

In any case, I don't think Colin Powell wants anything to do with this administration, even if they came begging. I suppose like any good soldier, he would do what he could for the nation, if he thought he would be allowed to do just that without interference or manipulation.
                                Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 02-14-2017, 09:50 AM. Reason: Speiling erors.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Working...
                                X