Page 3 of 702 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by nots View Post
    Yeah, Trump was so unnerved by criticism from the chattering class that he reignited the Twitter accounts immediately, lol. Truthfully, we would all be better off if he was that introspective, but alas, he isn't.
    The more unnerved he is, the more noise he'll make. Why do you think that he watches everything that SHOULDN'T concern him so closely? It has nothing to do with introspection at all, it's simply a case of a man who's always gotten his way, suddenly facing an angry mob. Again, why does he always refer to the election being over? And since it's over, why should these protests and headlines be against HIM?

Look at his tweets that Revo posted. One is about Democracy, next we have ratings for MY show (The inauguration) very good ratings! Then we go on to the protests, didn't we have an election? Why didn't these people vote? Celebs are bad because they oppose/don't love me. It's scary/sad.

Then he has his Press Secretary blatantly lie to the media...and they reacted like they should, calling it what it was, an embarrassing pack of lies. Even Bill Kristol was taken aback.

Conservative commentator Bill Kristol said "it is embarrassing, as an American, to watch this briefing by Sean Spicer from the podium at the White House. Not the RNC. The White House."
    All in all, not a good 1st full day for President Snowflake...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
    It's just embarrassing. Our President (a grown man) speaking to the intelligence community, whining about estimates of crowd size.

A couple of things stood out. One was the his claim that he could tell there were a million to a million and a half people there. And he could tell that how? Because his campaign rallies of 15,000 to 40,000 gave him this skill?

The other was his awkward statement about watching the cable coverage of crowd size. He started telling the story about how he turned to the station, then caught himself, and claimed the "accidentally" saw it. He didn't want to admit what we already know, which is that is a slave to media coverage of Trump. And he cannot resist complaining when it is it negative.

I'll bet he got beaten up every day in junior high.
    Let's not forget that many of those crowd estimates during the campaign were highly inflated as well...there were plenty of shots of the rooms, that when taken from a different angle, showed thousands of empty seats. I can make 100 people look like a thousand simply by compressing my shot the right way.

-Warren Ellis

Trump inauguration ratings second biggest in 36 years
    http://ew.com/tv/2017/01/21/trump-inauguration-ratings/

Trump could have been seen by more viewers than either Obama or Reagan. Nielsen ratings do not account for online viewing, which has grown sharply in recent years and is far more commonplace than even four years ago. CNN.com, for example, clocked 16.9 million live streams, tying with its Election Day coverage for the site’s top event (live stream tallies are typically not apples-to-apples with Nielsen’s strict methodology of counting average viewers, but are still additive). Plus, portals like YouTube, Facebook and Twitter offered live streams as well.

In terms of linear coverage, Fox News topped all networks, averaging 8.8 million viewers for the day and peaking with 11 million viewers from noon to 1 p.m. This was the highest-rated inauguration coverage in the network’s history.

We have a President?

Quote Originally Posted by cardboardbox View Post
    Trump inauguration ratings second biggest in 36 years.

In terms of linear coverage, Fox News topped all networks, averaging 8.8 million viewers for the day and peaking with 11 million viewers from noon to 1 p.m. This was the highest-rated inauguration coverage in the network’s history.
    LOL...news of the obvious. Fox News has only been in existence since late 1996, so they've only covered 5 inaugurations...of course this would be their highest rated inauguration in their history. It's their guy.

-Warren Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by Hornsby View Post
    LOL...news of the obvious. Fox News has only been in existence since late 1996, so they've only covered 5 inaugurations...of course this would be their highest rated inauguration in their history. It's their guy.
    the important part of the quote is the part you left out.

saw this today: "Just think, Donald Trump got more fat women to walk in one day than Michelle Obama did in 8 years."

So cardboardbox is the resident asshole now?

Quote Originally Posted by cardboardbox View Post
    the important part of the quote is the part you left out.
    No, it's not, but keep thinking those KellyAnne Conway "Alternative Facts". It'll serve you about as well as it'll serve Trump. The key words in the part you deem necessary to include are "COULD HAVE BEEN SEEN BY MORE VIEWERS". Not was, not best ever, could have been...ambiguous at best and unimportant for sure.

-Warren Ellis