Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny no one's even mentioned Trump's continued use of an insecure iPhone that allows foreign spies to listen in. But Hillary's emails! "LOCK HER UP"
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Someone shot up my city today and the president suggests the synagogue should have armed protection and that we should soften up laws related to the death penalty. I can’t even.

Comment

• I guess the crazies come in all shapes, sizes and political persuasions. Simply put, this is so f’d up.
        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
          Good grief, you can't stay on the actual topic ever. We are going to do whataboutism and then pivot to an Elizabeth Warren slam. Well done, Trump has taught you well.

His rhetoric at his rallies is dangerous and it finally came home to roost. Want to bet it happens again?
          Sadly, in your backyard it seems...that didn't take long.

A gunman attacked a Pittsburgh synagogue during services Saturday morning, killing multiple people and wounding three police officers.

The suspect, who was in custody by noon, opened fire inside the Tree of Life Synagogue in the city’s Squirrel Hill neighborhood, according to the Associated Press.

Dispatchers mentioned multiple fatalities during the incident, as police warned residents in the neighborhood to stay indoors and shelter in place. Police later confirmed that there were multiple fatalities in the building.

“We had services going on in the chapel when we heard a loud noise in the lobby area," Stephen Weiss, 60, told the Tribune-Review.

Recognizing the sounds as gun shots, Weiss said that he was able to escape through the sanctuary.

Pittsburgh police respond to a shooting at the Tree of Life synagogue in Squirrel Hill area of the city as a gunman killed multiple people and wounded three police officers.
          KDKA reported that officers confronted the suspect outside the synagogue, and three officers were wounded in a firefight. One of the officers was struck in the hand, according to dispatcher, but at least one reportedly had serious injuries.

During a standoff, the suspect spoke multiple times about killing Jews, police dispatchers said on the radio.

And Frae? There's absolutely nothing to be gained by engaging OJ on any topic at all...he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• So less than a week passes after Trump declares he's a "nationalist" and we have two massive terror attacks, one targeting his critics and one targeting Jews. Another separate attack against African Americans as well that thankfully only ended with two murdered. I'm sure it's just a coincidence as Trump just wants all Americans to prosper.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• I am so damaged, my hands so unclean, I cannot see this any other way regarding today's violence on synagogue:

Again, to my faulty eyes, How willful must ones blindness be to not acknowledge we have a loud and proud racist in the highest office, with a phony resume (self made man, when reporting shows he was given 200 mill help from father and long history of cheating contractors for jobs done). But Trump is not merely a hate monger, but profoundly ignorant of history, of US role and of long standing relationships that have led to lasting peace via NATO, and of science, the climate denier material he has said on record is absurd.

Those 2 are not great, the duo of racist, and ignorant, but they are not the worst of it, and while there can be no good explanation for for every person in Trumps orbit from the start having deep Russia ties, coupled with no public disclosure of tax returns, again we have on record from both Trump and his sons bragging about how much Russian money and business they dealt in, at a time when no other bank would touch the Trumps.

The duo of racist and ignorant requires a willful blindness to overlook, but worst is Helsinki and the related Putin pandering when every historical US ally has been diminished or eviscerated. But back to the daily violence, stemming directly from the near daily Trump white nationalist rallies, where President beseeches violence.

"If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, OK? Just knock the hell ... I promise you I will pay for the legal fees. I promise, I promise,"

"He's walking out with big high-fives, smiling, laughing," Trump said. "I'd like to punch him in the face, I'll tell you."

"Try not to hurt him. If you do, I'll defend you in court. Don't worry about it."

"The press is the enemy of the people."

"Any guy that can do a body slam, he is my type!" Trump said to cheers, regarding the violence against media from Gianforte.

I could go on, as it is virtually every rally and the rallies are almost daily, that Trump is doing the job of a fascist. He is actively eroding trust in media, in law enforcement, in the "others" with dark skin in a caravan that approaches more than a thousand miles away on foot but Trump is bringing up military to address, in facts, while at same time pointing out he, and he alone can tackle the problems. Trump has shown who he is from day one, a pathological liar with a menu of the worst qualities one could hope for in a leader, who also is likely compromised by a foreign power, but if he isnt merely acts as if he is beholdin to papa bear.

Now to why Trump has secured such faithful defenders, that is the more interesting issue, and would love to touch on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Sadly, in your backyard it seems...that didn't take long.

And Frae? There's absolutely nothing to be gained by engaging OJ on any topic at all...he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
                I run passed there on a fairly regular basis on my Sunday runs downtown. I just read his full statement and the man even was able to make a shooting in a synagogue about him.

"Before I ran for office, I watched instances like this and I'd say, "what a shame, what a shame." It's tougher when you're the president of the United States and you have to watch this kind of thing happen. It's so sad to see.'

'It's a very difficult thing for me to stand as president and watch.

Then he went on to make this about the death penalty. Sorry Mr. President please let my state handle that...

You look at the violence all over the world. It comes back in the form of a mad man, a wacko. We should stiffen up our laws in terms of the death penalty, they shouldn't have to wait years and years.

'I think they should stiffen up laws and bring the death penalty in to vogue"

And his quotes on guns...

'If there was an armed guard inside the temple that would have been able to stop him, maybe there would have been nobody killed except from him."

'We can look at it two ways. But if they had somebody to protect people... isn't it a shame that we even have to speak that way?

'That we even have to think that way inside a temple... but certainly the results should have been better."

Oh better, great we will try to make the next mass shooting "better."

God I just can't these people did nothing wrong and this guys can't even muster up the civility to try to heal anyone. I am sure his rally tonight will present a tone of healing. Don't come visit my city Mr. President if all you will bring are thoughts, prayers, and the idea that more violence is the key to solving violence.

Comment

• On a day when 11 Jewish-Americans were massacred, our fucking wondeful president spoke at a confrence and cracked a joke — a joke — that he almost cancelled the speaking engagement because he had, wait for the punchline, a bad hair day.

This ogre of a man is so répulsive, it’s horrifying. But yeah, I get it — the guns, and the brown people, and the Supreme Court justices, right?

Comment

• He held his rally and do you know what logic he used for holding it? He took time out to explain to everyone that after 9/11 the NYSE opened the next day and it is important that we go on with our lives. Only problem is shockingly his memory is bad on this one as the NYSE was closed from 9/11 - 9/17.

He also announced he is coming here, if you don't have the compassion to cancel a political rally when you are the leader of the country after a tragedy like today we don't want you here when it is convenient for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                      Someone shot up my city today and the president suggests the synagogue should have armed protection and that we should soften up laws related to the death penalty. I can’t even.
                      I'm sorry to hear it. I have never been that close to a mass violence tragedy. Let us know how it affects the community.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

• This is pretty far beyond usual Trump stupidity now... how can his defenders support him after this? Can't wait to see them twist their logic to get there. Maybe it was CNN and George Soros that funded the shooter so they could create sympathy for Jews going into the midterms!

Cracking a joke that you were at a "very unfortunate press conference" because it made your fucking hair wet... how disgusting and pathetic is that? Please right wingers, instill some faith in humanity and ditch this hideous immoral buffoon!

This tweet stood out:

"During his speech to the Future Farmers of America, Trump entered to the song “Happy;” joked about cancelling tonight’s rally because he‘s having a bad hair day; and used the anti-Semitic "globalist" dogwhistle hours after a mass shooting at a synagogue."

"Nationalist", "Globalist", they're all just words right? No need to be careful about the message you're sending to your lunatic fringe followers, days after one of them sent bombs to several of Trump's "enemies".
                          Last edited by Teenwolf; 10-28-2018, 06:32 AM.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• What would the response be if Obama responded to a terror incident where 11 people (3 police officers) were killed with a joke about how he was at an unfortunate press conference, because it made his hair wet? Sheer lunacy to continue supporting this.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• I wish I knew how to embed a tweet, but it's pretty gross to see the type of tweet Kevin McCarthy posted after the pipe bombs were sent, but deleted before the synagogue shooting.

"We cannot allow Soros, Steyer, and Bloomberg to BUY this election! Get out and vote Republican November 6th. #MAGA"

Ask Chacellor as to his "he who smelt it surely dealt it" rule... it's not the Republicans who are anti-Semitic... constantly fear mongering about the "Globalists"... hey, Trump does that!... or railing against the evil Billionaire George Soros while happily serving the wishes of Sheldon Adelson, Koch brothers, etc... yeah, nothing anti-Semitic there. It must be the Democrats inflaming things with their mob rule! When you stop Mitch McConnell from eating at a public restaurant in peace, well... you get what you have comin', right?
                              Last edited by Teenwolf; 10-28-2018, 06:59 AM.

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X