This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nots View Post
    What, you have a problem with a member of Congress urging folks to harass (her words) Cabinet members of the other party? To follow them to the gas station, the restaurant etc and make their life miserable? Man you are soft.
    I a little soft, and I’ve been told I’m rough around the edges. But, ya know, it’s the gooey center that makes me me.
    I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
      Bernie, the Maxine Waters speech today, just trainwreck. About as wrong as can be in approach. Dangerous, counterproductive.
      On this, we agree. But, it was pandering to her base. It most certainly was not rising above the fray. It reminds me of a certain orange fellow the left loves to hate.
      I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• OK so here is where I am on this NEITHER SIDE can claim the moral high-ground!! Both have been at fault over the last 40 years for some really crappy stuff. However the equivocating from both sides frustrates the absolute hell out me.

Comparing what happens to kids/families trying to immigrate legally/illegally as akin to what happened in concentration camps is just as ludicrous as claiming the because one group is now claiming to care about these kids should also have them change their stance of abortion is just a ludicrous.

Memes and click-bait are the things that are being to manipulate vast numbers of people on both sides as they are both equally uninformed and gullible as to whatever side they are on.

We have heard that the picture on the Time Magazine cover (once one of the best magazines out there) was not being separated from her parents at the time that picture was taken. However, Time needed to sell covers and sold themselves out - rather than find out what happened. I have a friend who posted a picture of a kid wearing the number 47 while being taken care of during this process. The comparison was that this was akin to tattooing the Jews in concentration camps.

All of it is such bullshit!

So much your guy did this, well when your guy was here he did this, why didnt you do something when.... well you should have done something when.... all of the finger pointing and blaming and not wanting the other party to get a win isnt what our process is supposed to be about.

It should be about people with disparate ideas coming together and figuring out how to live together and work together so that this country can continue to provide opportunities for every person to succeed based on their own ability andto be judged based on the character of their being rather than some immutable tribal group characteristic.
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• I largely agree, baldgriff. We need to figure out a way to have difficult conversations more constructively, with a mindset of understanding, and with an openness to collaboration on solutions.

Comment

• Well coming to this from a predominately Libertarian point of view................

Shut of his mic - he's one of those kooks.

LOL
            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
              I a little soft, and I’ve been told I’m rough around the edges. But, ya know, it’s the gooey center that makes me me.
              I think I can safely speak on behalf of both sides of the aisle (and the center for that matter) when I say that nobody wants to hear about your "gooey center," Bernie.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                I think I can safely speak on behalf of both sides of the aisle (and the center for that matter) when I say that nobody wants to hear about your "gooey center," Bernie.
                It might be favorful, you don’t know!

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Nugat!

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                    We have heard that the picture on the Time Magazine cover (once one of the best magazines out there) was not being separated from her parents at the time that picture was taken. However, Time needed to sell covers and sold themselves out - rather than find out what happened.
                    I'm sure Time knew the story behind the picture but they are in the business of pushing a political agenda, not telling the news.
                    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                      Nugat!
                      Ha! I knew you were secretly a Trump-supporting Russian bot!

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Harley-Davidson, one of the EU's targets in their surgical tariff strike (which raised the tariff on Harleys from 6% to 31%), announced that because it will not raise the bike's price by the $2,200 that it will need to go up, and because they anticipate a $100m annual loss from the tariffs that they will not accept, is moving the production facilities for all bikes made for the EU to Europe from Milwaukee, a permanent job loss here in the US. #thanksdonald #tradewarsareeasytowin #wompwompwomp

Mid Continental Nail Corp. of Poplar Bluffs, Missouri, one of the country's last nail producers, claims it has lost 50% of its business in just two weeks and has laid off 60 of its 500 workers, making it the area’s 2nd largest employer, already. The company's owner, who voted for and was a huge Trump fan, is now lobbying Democratic Senator McCaskill for help. #thanksdonald #tradewarsareeasytowin #wompwompwomp
                        https://www.missourinet.com/2018/06/...ouri-employer/
                        I'm curious to know whose twitter posts are these?
                        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                          Ha! I knew you were secretly a Trump-supporting Russian bot!

He’s not a Russian bot, my goodness you rumor monger. He has an American Flag guitar.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                            crumbs
                            I suspect to Ms Pelosi $1900 is crumbs

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                              I'm talking about regular loony lefties on twitter and liberal websites like Vox, dailykos, etc. They are extra foamy today and giddy with happiness over what happened to Sanders. You can scroll through some comments if you like:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...-Twitter-Raves
                              The progressives I follow have universally disagreed with the decision to not serve Sanders, FYI. Probably around a dozen takes that I've seen. But those are progressives, not Democrats.

I haven't watched much MSM lately, as it's 100% what-about-ism over there... "Obama was the deporter in chief... But Trump is doing MORE... but Obama..." ugh... Trump has lowered the bar for political discourse. Everyone is somehow simultaneously more engaged, and stupider than ever.
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• The tariff war is starting to come home to roost. Harley is going to start manufacturing off-shore for overseas markets. A nail manufacturing company in Missouri is laying off 60 people, and is facing the prospect of closing completely. Farmers around the midwest are scared that they'll end up with nothing if the foreign markets got belly up because of the tariffs. It's real, and it has consequenses...
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X