X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    He plays to it too.

How is the Supreme Court's decision to take the travel ban case and release the stays in the interim sitting? It is being touted as a big win for the White House by the likes of CNN and CNBC.

J
    It's a pretty big win. As I understand it, what was upheld is the "watered down" version which Trump says he wishes had not been submitted, but it is still a victory to have the stay overturned. I haven't seen the opinion yet, so I can't say if the Court tipped its hand as to how it might rule on the merits, except for Thomas and Gorsuch, who were pretty much givens anyway.

Gorsuch has been even more of a caricature than I thought he would. I think it will hurt the GOP if they have another vacancy to fill any time soon.

But, overall, a big day for the administration.
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
      Gorsuch has been even more of a caricature than I thought he would. I think it will hurt the GOP if they have another vacancy to fill any time soon.
      There are persistent rumors that Kennedy (age 80) is considering retirement, possibly announcing it this summer. Also, Breyer is 78 and Ginsberg is 84. Next oldest is Thomas at 68.

In other news, I just saw the travel-ban ruling compared to the British evacuation of Dunkirk. Like that is a bad thing. I don't think the person realized he was putting NYT, CNN, etc. in the role of the Nazi war machines, or portraying their coverage as an all out attack.

J
      Last edited by onejayhawk; 06-28-2017, 02:18 PM.
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• “I heard poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don’t watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year’s Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!”

Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States. (Quoted on Twitter - 6/29/17)

(EDIT: I've tried to make it a point not to post his glaringly stupid tweets, but this one is so obnoxiously immature and a continuation of his assaults on the appearance of women. Republican women are teeing up on this one already.)
        Last edited by Redbirds Fan; 06-29-2017, 10:24 AM.
        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Yup its confirmed - He is a troll!
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• All I ask is that I get 1 or 2 more SC justices and that twitter bans Trump.
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
              Yup its confirmed - He is a troll!
              Everything the leader of the free world should aspire to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                All I ask is that I get 1 or 2 more SC justices and that twitter bans Trump.
                1st amendment baby

Comment

“I heard poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don’t watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year’s Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!”

Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States. (Quoted on Twitter - 6/29/17)

(EDIT: I've tried to make it a point not to post his glaringly stupid tweets, but this one is so obnoxiously immature and a continuation of his assaults on the appearance of women. Republican women are teeing up on this one already.)
                  I continue to be appalled and flabbergasted that our elected POTUS is so incredibly crass and immature. He is truly an embarrassment, and it continues to amaze me he beat out the entire GOP field to get nominated and then won the general. I still don't get it, and I don't think I ever will.

BTW, if anyone has editing skills, and can replace that flag in your pic, Redbirds Fan, with something a life size cut out of Trump, or of Putin, are a giant dildo, or something, I'd have my new icon.

Comment

• I thought better of googling images for Trump Dildo..............
                    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

I thought better of googling images for Trump Dildo..............
                      LOL. I have a feeling there would be a lot of hits, but maybe also some NSA tracking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        LOL. I have a feeling there would be a lot of hits, but maybe also some NSA tracking.
                        Probably Not Safe For Work either.........

Comment

Probably Not Safe For Work either.........
                          I dunno, they'd be ones for really small hands......

Comment

• So, we've heard for months from Spicer and Sanders that there is 'no evidence of collusion' between the Trump campaign and the Russians. And now we have the Russian Hackers - Peter Smith - Mike Flynn - Trump Campaign connection.

Is this why the conversation among some commentators has shifted from "it didn't happen" to "it wasn't illegal"? Is the Peter Smith story going to be a game breaker? It has been covered up by Mika tweets and other fake news events so far.

Comment

So, we've heard for months from Spicer and Sanders that there is 'no evidence of collusion' between the Trump campaign and the Russians. And now we have the Russian Hackers - Peter Smith - Mike Flynn - Trump Campaign connection.

Is this why the conversation among some commentators has shifted from "it didn't happen" to "it wasn't illegal"? Is the Peter Smith story going to be a game breaker? It has been covered up by Mika tweets and other fake news events so far.
                              Absolutely, every Fox talking head is now repeating the mantra "well, it might have been collusion, but collusion isn't illegal". It's just another coverup for an administration that's rapidly running out of them.

Trust Mueller. Follow the Money. Someone always cracks. Rumors are going around that Flynn is cooperating with Mueller. If that's true...
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                                Absolutely, every Fox talking head is now repeating the mantra "well, it might have been collusion, but collusion isn't illegal". It's just another coverup for an administration that's rapidly running out of them.

Trust Mueller. Follow the Money. Someone always cracks. Rumors are going around that Flynn is cooperating with Mueller. If that's true...
                                Just as they immediately went to the the President can ask to end the investigation, so there's no obstruction mantra.

Same ol bullshit, deny until you can't deny and then deflect, diminish and distract.
                                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X