This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
    Have you ever listened to the Soundtrack of Frozen? There is this one song that might be therapeutic for you on the whole Hillary front. .

But, seriously at some point you have to Let it go. You just have to!
    OK I'll ask you straight out.

HRC cheated, those here didn't give a shit, but they are the LOUDEST voices about how Trump sucks.

HOW do you say this is ok?

You either are ethical, have integrity or YOU DO NOT.

If you don;t you should shut the fuvk up.

Period.

So yeah HRC lost because she was a smarmy fuck and those supporting her capitulated her transgressions by saying she was better than Trump, well my wet farts are better than trump.

Yeah it's over and we're stuck with the stain. But Instead of demanding we go forward with a progressive party with integrity, these asshats want more of the same and FUCK THEM.

It's people like Lucky and others in there who would rather bend over and take it from the powers that be than grow some balls and demand it be the way it should be and that is FAIR.

Don't blame me, don't blame Bernie BLAME those who said it was ok to be a person who lacked integrity, ethics and any other adjective rather than demanding it to be fair and ethical.

I am over it, but TRUMP is every HRC supporters fault. They don't care about ethics, or integrity. so FUCK THEM and they deserve every bit of TRUMP they get.

So stop jumping the conservatives in here and look in the mirror and realize that because YOU have no fucking integrity YOU allowed Trump to be elected.

Jesus Christ, just fucking STOP yes Trump is a dick, but HRC was a POS and if YOU supported her and the DNC YOU are just as fucked as He is.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Have you ever listened to the Soundtrack of Frozen? There is this one song that might be therapeutic for you on the whole Hillary front. .

I never let anything go, if you;re wrong admit it or resign yourself to a lifetime of me telling you you're wrong.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        Yeah it's over and we're stuck with the stain. But Instead of demanding we go forward with a progressive party with integrity, these asshats want more of the same and FUCK THEM.

It's people like Lucky and others in there who would rather bend over and take it from the powers that be than grow some balls and demand it be the way it should be and that is FAIR.
        I think GITH is absolutely right in regards to the DNC refusing to follow a progressive direction being the reason they lost. Bernie pushed the party platform as far to the left as he could, and that's why he supported HRC, for the platform...

This is where I'm confused on GITH's stance. Why is it that Lucky is capitulating to support HRC, whereas Bernie isn't or wasn't? I know that during the primaries there were a lot of loud HRC supporters here saying "Bernie is unelectable", despite the fact that when the DNC was voting to nominate HRC, she was polling 10 pts worse than Bernie against Trump on every poll you could find... but once the Dems chose HRC, there wasn't much left to do but choose between 2 garbage candidates, as South Park so eloquently portrayed them: "Giant Douche VS Turd Sandwich"

So again, the DNC mis-calculated in stacking the deck for a garbage candidate. GITH is right. But I think for the most part, people like RJ Overlord Bob Kohm, who loudly supported HRC during the primary were seeking stability, just the same as Bernie at that point, which I think is totally reasonable, IMO. I don't think Trump is the fault of centrist Dems, it's the fault of the DNC. Unfortunately, the DNC again stacked the deck for another corporate sellout in Tom Perez, so I can see why GITH won't "just let it go"... because they're trying to do it all over again, and GITH and Bernie's segment of supporters are too strong in 2020 to let the DNC steer the US into another freaking iceberg.

To everyone staying engaged with what's actually going in in your clowncar government, thanks for trying to hold your elected clowns accountable.
        Last edited by Teenwolf; 06-14-2017, 08:34 AM. Reason: Lucky clarified, supported Bernie during primary, only supported HRC for the general election
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          I never let anything go, if you;re wrong admit it or resign yourself to a lifetime of me telling you you're wrong.
          I get it, I really do. While we lined up completely different sides of many issues, it's funny to think that many of us are finding common ground squarely in the middle with thought that party identification is badly broken. I no longer wish to with those guys, the GOP, because they no longer represent my values. So I do get why you feel the way you do.

As I posted awhile back, the stamina some people on this board show is rather impressive. I can't stay awake for more than 20 minutes while sitting in my comfy chair watching my first place Brewers play, so sticking with this as long as you have is, well, in a word, impressive.

But, what are you gaining? I keep trying to talk you off the ledge for some reason and maybe it's not you, it's me. I need to realize that maybe you're not on a ledge at all. I'll shut the F up now.
          Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 06-14-2017, 07:45 AM.
          I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
            I think GITH is absolutely right in regards to the DNC refusing to follow a progressive direction being the reason they lost. Bernie pushed the party platform as far to the left as he could, and that's why he supported HRC, for the platform...

This is where I'm confused on GITH's stance. Why is it that Lucky is capitulating to support HRC, whereas Bernie isn't or wasn't? I know that during the primaries there were a lot of loud HRC supporters here saying "Bernie is unelectable", despite the fact that when the DNC was voting to nominate HRC, she was polling 10 pts worse than Bernie against Trump on every poll you could find... but once the Dems chose HRC, there wasn't much left to do but choose between 2 garbage candidates, as South Park so eloquently portrayed them: "Giant Douche VS Turd Sandwich"

So again, the DNC mis-calculated in stacking the deck for a garbage candidate. GITH is right. But I think for the most part, people like Lucky, and Bob Kohm, who loudly supported HRC during the primary were seeking stability, just the same as Bernie at that point, which I think is totally reasonable, IMO. I don't think Trump is the fault of centrist Dems, it's the fault of the DNC. Unfortunately, the DNC again stacked the deck for another corporate sellout in Tom Perez, so I can see why GITH won't "just let it go"... because they're trying to do it all over again, and GITH and Bernie's segment of supporters are too strong in 2020 to let the DNC steer the US into another freaking iceberg.

To everyone staying engaged with what's actually going in in your clowncar government, thanks for trying to hold your elected clowns accountable.
            (TW, just for the record, and despite all the Russian propaganda which seems to have clouded the facts, I was indeed a Hillary supporter in the general, but I voted Bernie in the primary. I would have been happier if HRC had decided to sit it out, but once she became the nominee there was no other responsible option so far as I could see. But we have been over that a hundred times. The points you make, however, still seem valid to me.)
            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• I want to wish the greatest, most beautiful, very spectacular Happy birthday to the greatest President in American history who's gotten the most things ever done, me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Thanks...I just want to focus on getting this guy out of the WH and Congress out of the hands of the sleazeballs.

Every day there's a hundred things, big and small, that scream out "this is wrong". Today the Senate decided to try and ban all reporters from asking questions in the hallways, a practice pretty much as old as the Government itself. That failed. They continue to try to sneak the ACHA through the backchannels of the Senate. Hopefully that fails as well. And yesterday was the most ludicrous thing that I think I've ever seen...Trump had a cabinet meeting and basically demanded that people go around the table and say nice things about him. Reince Priebus won the ass-kissing the boss award, but the Boss did him one better by kissing his own ass, a difficult feat indeed.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...g-to-serve-his
                For those not classically trained, the is the start of King Lear
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I may have directed this to the wrong Berner. Geesh, and he's an Illinois guy! I actually think I know some relatives of his here in the Chicago area. Just a shame.
                  I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

I may have directed this to the wrong Berner. Geesh, and he's an Illinois guy! I actually think I know some relatives of his here in the Chicago area. Just a shame.
                    Very true and so sad.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                      (TW, just for the record, and despite all the Russian propaganda which seems to have clouded the facts, I was indeed a Hillary supporter in the general, but I voted Bernie in the primary. I would have been happier if HRC had decided to sit it out, but once she became the nominee there was no other responsible option so far as I could see. But we have been over that a hundred times. The points you make, however, still seem valid to me.)
                      I couldn't even support Bernie in the primaries even though I was probably more aligned with his policies because because I was so turned off by the rhetoric on this board.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• So, it now begins in earnest...WaPo reports today that Mueller is investigating the President of the United States for obstruction of justice. Happy Birthday Donnie! Hope you like your present!

On the other hand, it was a brilliant defensive move by someone in the Special Counsel's office to leak this bit of information to checkmate any talk of firing Mueller.

The special counsel overseeing the investigation into Russia’s role in the 2016 election is interviewing senior intelligence officials as part of a widening probe that now includes an examination of whether President Trump attempted to obstruct justice, officials said.

The move by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III to investigate Trump’s conduct marks a major turning point in the nearly year-old FBI investigation, which until recently focused on Russian meddling during the presidential campaign and on whether there was any coordination between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin. Investigators have also been looking for any evidence of possible financial crimes among Trump associates, officials said.

Trump had received private assurances from then-FBI Director James B. Comey starting in January that he was not personally under investigation. Officials say that changed shortly after Comey’s firing.

Five people briefed on the requests, speaking on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly, said that Daniel Coats, the current director of national intelligence, Mike Rogers, head of the National Security Agency, and Rogers’s recently departed deputy, Richard Ledgett, agreed to be interviewed by Mueller’s investigators as early as this week. The investigation has been cloaked in secrecy, and it is unclear how many others have been questioned by the FBI.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          So, it now begins in earnest...WaPo reports today that Mueller is investigating the President of the United States for obstruction of justice. Happy Birthday Donnie! Hope you like your present!

On the other hand, it was a brilliant defensive move by someone in the Special Counsel's office to leak this bit of information to checkmate any talk of firing Mueller.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...Bnation&wpmk=1
                          Trump's personal lawyer Marc Kasowitz issued a statement saying the FBI was behind the Post story and called the leak "outrageous, inexcusable, illegal, ostentatious and inscrutable."
                          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Trump's personal lawyer Marc Kasowitz issued a statement saying the FBI was behind the Post story and called the leak "outrageous, inexcusable, illegal, ostentatious and inscrutable."
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

But, he didn't deny that it was true...
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X