X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
    The Netherlands would like to introduce themselves to Donald Trump:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/j-xxis7hDOE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    That was great. Now how long until Trump declares war?

Comment

• That is one of the best parody videos I've seen in a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        That was great. Now how long until Trump declares war?
        Guarantee we could take them.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
          Guarantee we could take them.
          Yep. We took Grenada.
          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• More supression of science and fact, more gate-keeping and censure of facts by political appointees:
            http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...ff/ar-AAmdtjJ?

"The Trump administration is mandating that any studies or data from scientists at the Environmental Protection Agency undergo review by political appointees before they can be released to the public..."

Comment

• And now the voter fraud thing again. Donnie really is on a roll.

Comment

• wow, the potus must read the sports bar ... from another thread (Jan 6) ...

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Wouldn't a 20% tax on all goods coming into Americas from Mexico pay for this wall in a fairly short time?

Do not confuse my question/comment for being in support of a wall.
                and today ...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Trump has decided to pay for border wall with a 20 percent tax on imports from Mexico, Spicer told press pool.</p>&mdash; Philip Rucker (@PhilipRucker) <a href="https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/824713026783866882">January 26, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bottom line - the price of guacamole, dos equis, and patron is about to go up by 20%. Well, for you guys ... hmmm, maybe there's an opportunity for a Canadian-export-of-Mexican-goods business.

edit: oh well, there goes that brilliant idea ...

<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Spicer said the 20% tax on Mexican imports would be part of broader tax reform, and POTUS favors such a tax on ALL imports</p>&mdash; Julie Davis (@juliehdavis) <a href="https://twitter.com/juliehdavis/status/824717345620848640">January 26, 2017</a></blockquote> <script asyncsrc="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hey, this can be the start of a new marketing campaign for Canadian Tourism - Come to Canada, our Tequila is 20% cheaper than your Tequila!
                Last edited by TranaGreg; 01-26-2017, 03:41 PM.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                  wow, the potus must read the sports bar ... from another thread (Jan 6) ...
                  if Trump read the comments here, surely he'd declare war on us. :|

hmm, maybe thats what happened to eld and lucky, although lucky was allowed to come back with a new identity.
                  "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Putting a tax on imports isn't making Mexico pay for the wall. It is making people who do business in Mexico pay for the wall.
                    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• The Doomsday Clock, created in 1947, and run by scientists and intellectuals, which include 15 Nobel Laureates, was just moved to 2 and a half minutes to midnight, in large part due to Trump's stances on climate change and nuclear arms

"Never before has the Bulletin decided to advance the clock largely because of the statements of a single person," two scientists at the Bulletin, Lawrence Krauss and David Titley, said in an opinion piece published by The New York Times.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cYy?li=BBnb7Kz

Comment

• So, the only thing Trump can point to as evidence of widespread voter fraud in favor of Clinton is that many people are registered in two states to vote. It turns out, that includes many of his closest advisers, including his son-in-law, Kushner, his youngest daughter, Tiffany Trump, his Tresury Secretary, Mnuchin, and White House Strategist Steve Bannon. But I'm sure it is okay for them, because they are white and rich.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...tes/ar-AAmhpvk

Comment

• Okay, here is a thing.

I heard a news report that President Trump wants voter fraud investigated, and the two things he mentioned were people registered in two states and dead people who were registered.

I can pretty much promise they will find tons of those. When people move from one state to another and register to vote, they are registered in two states. Does anyone actually de-register? When my father died, we didn't go to the courthouse and take him off the voter rolls. I'm sure that they eventually purged his name when he didn't vote in a few elections.

Is being registered in two states voter fraud? Does being dead but still on the voter register constitute voter fraud? How about you guys? Anyone ever move from state to state? Ever have a family member pass away? Did you contact the voter registration office? Good for you if you did. If you didn't, does that make you a felon?

Personally, I think you would have to vote in both states for it to be fraud. Likewise, I think someone would have to vote in the dead person's name for it to be fraud. There has never been any evidence of substantial voter fraud of these kinds. Examples of identity fraud are extremely rare.

So how much time and money do we want to spend on this investigation to find out what we already know, namely that people move around the country and sometimes die. Of course, once that is documented, I'll wager that the President says that is proof he really won the popular vote. And Sean Spicer will say the media is dishonest for naysaying him.

(Apologies to the Masher, I was composing when he posted.)

Comment

• I suspect he's creating a pretext to pass a national voter ID law. Or at least giving states enough ammunition to pass their own.
                            Last edited by senorsheep; 01-26-2017, 05:53 PM.
                            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Well, apparently this whole 'wall tax' thing has been walked back due to Congressional GOP objections that it would actually make Americans pay for the wall through higher consumer prices. Now, the wall tax is just one 'option' to be considered.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                                Well, apparently this whole 'wall tax' thing has been walked back due to Congressional GOP objections that it would actually make Americans pay for the wall through higher consumer prices. Now, the wall tax is just one 'option' to be considered.
                                We're going to see this a lot, I think. He'll shoot from the hip with some crazy idea, monitor the ensuing sh!tstorm, and then walk it back, modify it, or go forward based on the reaction form the public and his party. What a way to govern!
                                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                                "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Working...
                                X