Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Anyone Golf?

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    Highly recommended - last I played it was 15 years ago, but I've heard it's still in great shape. Usually has great fall rates, so if the weather holds, might want to get it in this year.
    I actually took my customer who is Verona there last year. It is very nice.

When you mentioned it I was actually thinking SentryWorld which I have not played.

Hall of Famer
    Played Ives Grove with my old boss yesterday.

I shot 42 (with a 5 on a par 3) and 38 for an 80. Woo Hoo! It is my second or third best round of my life. While I did hit some very good shots, I only had one really bad one. I also putted pretty well.

Weather was great, company better. Shooting 80 on Nov. 5th was a special day.

I shot a 78 on a par-72 course when I was 16 years old - and never broke 80 again.

just kept getting a few shots worse almost per year, all the way to where it was a struggle to break 100 and now I have retired from the sport. congrats on the fine score - you almost shot your age!

btw Gary Player is turning 85. I'll bet he hasn't failed to shoot below his age in at least 5 or 8 years.
    entering 37th yr in 12-team NL 5x5 - in 2021, after a year off
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

feeble 2021 37th-year Rotisserie keeper candidates
    SP - Scherzer 44-S1, Marquez 10-S1, CSmith 1-O, Cueto 1-S1, Samardzija 1-S1
    RP -
    INF - C Realmuto 13-O, 1O Belt 10-S1, 1O Cooper 10-S1, SS Crawford 9-S1
    OF - CDickerson 17-S1
    FARM - HRamos, Baty, Niedert, JOrtiz
    have first pick in mid-April farm draft

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jude View Post
    I shot a 78 on a par-72 course when I was 16 years old - and never broke 80 again.

just kept getting a few shots worse almost per year, all the way to where it was a struggle to break 100 and now I have retired from the sport. congrats on the fine score - you almost shot your age!

btw Gary Player is turning 85. I'll bet he hasn't failed to shoot below his age in at least 5 or 8 years.
    That was an awesome round for you at any age.

Thanks for the congrats on my round it was really fun.

I bet you are right on Player.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Played Ives Grove with my old boss yesterday.

I shot 42 (with a 5 on a par 3) and 38 for an 80. Woo Hoo! It is my second or third best round of my life. While I did hit some very good shots, I only had one really bad one. I also putted pretty well.

Weather was great, company better. Shooting 80 on Nov. 5th was a special day.
    A different buddy of mine and I have a 9:15 tee time at this same course. Nov.19th golf in Wisconsin will be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    A different buddy of mine and I have a 9:15 tee time at this same course. Nov.19th golf in Wisconsin will be awesome!
    Hope it'll be better down your way. Looking at 40s and raining up here, which would approximate my winter UK golfing experience from the late 1990s. "Awesome" is not the term I'd use.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    Hope it'll be better down your way. Looking at 40s and raining up here, which would approximate my winter UK golfing experience from the late 1990s. "Awesome" is not the term I'd use.
    62 parly cloudy 0 chance of rain. A bit windy at 19 mph but no big deal for Nov. golf. Hopefully more holes with the wind than agin it.