Anyone Golf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    The Masters is fantastic so far . Great leaderboard.
    Tiger missing a good birdie opportunity to close the three shot gap.

Molinari with a great par to keep the shot lead.

Comment

Tiger tied after 13.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        Tiger tied after 13.
        Historic ending. Really fun to watch.

Comment

- his tee shot at 16 was vintage "step on their throats" Tiger.

- the celebration and fans chanting TI-GER! TI-GER!" as he hugged his family was cool.

- the fact that he could win any major after all the surgeries he has had is incredible.

I just wish his rivals hadn't collectively soiled themselves as part of the show.

two years ago, Phil Mickelson was in the hunt to win the British Open entering the final round, and he shot a 65 - the lowest he has ever shot in a final round at a major. Henrik Stenson shot 63. the level of golf these two played - they were about 10 shots ahead of the next in the field - was incredible.

there was another "can you top this?" the same year at The Masters, with Sergio Garcia and Justin Rose one-upping each other.

today, four of the five guys playing in the last two groups who are not named TIGER dunked their 150-yard, par-3 tee shots into Rae's Creek on the 12th hole. I'd like to credit Tiger's opposing-golfer defense, but....

Francesco Molinari, playing alongside Tiger, had a 3-shot lead midway through the round - then made two double-bogeys on the back-9 (he found Rae's Creek on the 15th hole as well).

credit to Tiger from playing so smartly - "Never interrupt your enemies when they are making a mistake."
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Those 4 balls in the water at 12th were stunning. One or maybe two of them dunking it, but 4!!

Tiger looked vintage Tiger-like, so I see no reason to think that he can't win a few more tourney's or majors this year (IF the physical side holds up).
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

the next two majors are the PGA (moved from August to May) at Bethpage Black on Long Island (I used to play this course!) and the US Open at Pebble Beach in June. Tiger has previously won majors at both sites.

the PGA will be nuts. the NY region's favorite golfer is Mickelson, for his "go for it" risk-taking. but that crowd loves the comeback story most of all. Tiger will be walking the course like a rock star.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Went golfing with my old boss last week. First time since last Sept. Shot a 46 on the front and a 48 on the back. I hit the ball straight but didn't putt well. 5 three putt greens. Still a 94 for first time out was pretty good.

I forgot how much I enjoyed it. We had a perfect day. The old boss shot 80 (41 and 39).

Comment

I have a set of clubs. I would love to get back out there, but I don't know anyone else that plays and I don't really have the coin for green fees these days. Hoping to conquer that once this COVID thing settles down. My body won't let me go back to volleyball for too much longer, so I'm going to need to get out somehow. Been doing some hiking/walking, but that's about it.

Like everything else I do that's sports related, I'm incredibly inconsistent. I'll have brilliant, straight shots one minute and horrible slices the next. So be it.
                  "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                  "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                    I have a set of clubs. I would love to get back out there, but I don't know anyone else that plays and I don't really have the coin for green fees these days.
                    If you get the itch and another friend or two who's interested, check out Groupon. They have some pretty incredible deals - you don't get peak time tee times, but the rates are great. There's probably some other good online sites, but I've found Groupon to be pretty solid.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      If you get the itch and another friend or two who's interested, check out Groupon. They have some pretty incredible deals - you don't get peak time tee times, but the rates are great. There's probably some other good online sites, but I've found Groupon to be pretty solid.
                      "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

I golf in a weekly league and get out about 3 or 4 times a month other than the league.

Here's my league course: https://www.cedarbrookgolfcourse.com/welcome

Comment

BREAKING: Dustin Johnson is 11 under par through 11 holes in Boston today - Round 2 of the opening week of the Fed Ex Cup playoffs...

13 under is the best score to par ever recorded on the PGA Tour

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            Went golfing with my old boss last week. First time since last Sept. Shot a 46 on the front and a 48 on the back. I hit the ball straight but didn't putt well. 5 three putt greens. Still a 94 for first time out was pretty good.

I forgot how much I enjoyed it. We had a perfect day. The old boss shot 80 (41 and 39).
                            Played again with him last Friday on the same course. I shot 45 and 42 for an 87. Very satisfying. He shot 39 43 for an 82. He had a couple of tough breaks or he would have broke 80.

Our annual golf tournament (about 12 players) scheduled for the 28th and 29th has been cancelled due to Covid this year. We have decided we are going to play on the 28th at the designated course. We may get two more players to make it a foursome. So far only 3 of us are committed.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              Played again with him last Friday on the same course. I shot 45 and 42 for an 87. Very satisfying. He shot 39 43 for an 82. He had a couple of tough breaks or he would have broke 80.

Our annual golf tournament (about 12 players) scheduled for the 28th and 29th has been cancelled due to Covid this year. We have decided we are going to play on the 28th at the designated course. We may get two more players to make it a foursome. So far only 3 of us are committed.
                              Solid round Gregg!

Plenty of golf tournaments going on where I live. Covid be damned!

My League playoffs start tomorrow with the round of 16. I finished in 3rd place so i play the #14 seed. We play match play for 9 holes. I give a stroke on 4 holes.

Comment

"I give a stroke on 4 holes."

picturing all those raised eyebrows of non-golfers on reading that line

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X