Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Anyone Golf?

the next two majors are the PGA (moved from August to May) at Bethpage Black on Long Island (I used to play this course!) and the US Open at Pebble Beach in June. Tiger has previously won majors at both sites.

the PGA will be nuts. the NY region's favorite golfer is Mickelson, for his "go for it" risk-taking. but that crowd loves the comeback story most of all. Tiger will be walking the course like a rock star.
    entering 37th yr in 12-team NL 5x5 - in 2021, after a year off
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

2020 No-Transactions/No-Bench Parallel Universe roster vs same owners (drafted in April)
    #warofattrition
    * - on COVID delay
    SP - Scherzer, Hendricks, CSmith*, PLopez*, Cueto, Samardjiza [Leake]
    RP - Neris*, Knebel*, Stanek*
    INF - C Molina*, C Wolters, 1B Rizzo, 3B ESuarez, CI Longoria, 2B Albies, SS DeJong*, MI Kendrick, UT BCrawford
    OF - Polanco, Eaton, Dyson, Fowler*, Naylor, UT Duvall

Hall of Famer
    Went golfing with my old boss last week. First time since last Sept. Shot a 46 on the front and a 48 on the back. I hit the ball straight but didn't putt well. 5 three putt greens. Still a 94 for first time out was pretty good.

I forgot how much I enjoyed it. We had a perfect day. The old boss shot 80 (41 and 39).

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Long John's Avatar
    I have a set of clubs. I would love to get back out there, but I don't know anyone else that plays and I don't really have the coin for green fees these days. Hoping to conquer that once this COVID thing settles down. My body won't let me go back to volleyball for too much longer, so I'm going to need to get out somehow. Been doing some hiking/walking, but that's about it.

Like everything else I do that's sports related, I'm incredibly inconsistent. I'll have brilliant, straight shots one minute and horrible slices the next. So be it.
    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Quote Originally Posted by Long John View Post
    I have a set of clubs. I would love to get back out there, but I don't know anyone else that plays and I don't really have the coin for green fees these days.
    If you get the itch and another friend or two who's interested, check out Groupon. They have some pretty incredible deals - you don't get peak time tee times, but the rates are great. There's probably some other good online sites, but I've found Groupon to be pretty solid.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Long John's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    If you get the itch and another friend or two who's interested, check out Groupon. They have some pretty incredible deals - you don't get peak time tee times, but the rates are great. There's probably some other good online sites, but I've found Groupon to be pretty solid.
    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"