No announcement yet.

Anyone Golf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I golfed a couple times with restaurant coworkers in the early 90s. In the mid 90's a friend worked at a driving range in a quarry and I went there a few times a summer. I golfed twice on IT company outings in summer 1998.
    Fast forward to the late 2000s. The male teaching staff have cottage retreats in June and October and golf beforehand. I usually golfed at at least one of them. 2 years ago I bought a set of Adams clubs on sale. I didn't golf at all last summer.
    This spring, with softball in jeopardy, I shot a couple rounds in April and both friends told me my clubs were too short. I bought a set of +1" and signed up for lessons. I've shot 13 rounds or so and am really enjoying discovering the courses in the area.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      I golfed a couple times with restaurant coworkers in the early 90s. In the mid 90's a friend worked at a driving range in a quarry and I went there a few times a summer. I golfed twice on IT company outings in summer 1998.
      Fast forward to the late 2000s. The male teaching staff have cottage retreats in June and October and golf beforehand. I usually golfed at at least one of them. 2 years ago I bought a set of Adams clubs on sale. I didn't golf at all last summer.
      This spring, with softball in jeopardy, I shot a couple rounds in April and both friends told me my clubs were too short. I bought a set of +1" and signed up for lessons. I've shot 13 rounds or so and am really enjoying discovering the courses in the area.
      Golf is fun if we do not take it too seriously (at least for me).

Glad you are enjoying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        Solid round Gregg!

Plenty of golf tournaments going on where I live. Covid be damned!

My League playoffs start tomorrow with the round of 16. I finished in 3rd place so i play the #14 seed. We play match play for 9 holes. I give a stroke on 4 holes.
        Thanks Mith.

Good luck in your tourny.

We got a foursome to play this last Friday. Unfortunately the course we were scheduled to play was getting rained on hard that day. We played the same course I mentioned above as it was dry.

I ended up shooting a 42 and a 49 (two 7's one on the par 3). Shoulda coulda woulda. Still we the four of us had fun.

Comment

Solid round Gregg!

Plenty of golf tournaments going on where I live. Covid be damned!

My League playoffs start tomorrow with the round of 16. I finished in 3rd place so i play the #14 seed. We play match play for 9 holes. I give a stroke on 4 holes.
          Won the match on the last hole. Next I play the guy who finished 9th on the regular season. Giving a stroke on 5 holes though. Going to be tough!
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Won the match on the last hole. Next I play the guy who finished 9th on the regular season. Giving a stroke on 5 holes though. Going to be tough!
            Go get em!

Let us know how it went.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              Go get em!

Let us know how it went.
              Thanks!!
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Golf is fun if we do not take it too seriously (at least for me).

Glad you are enjoying it.
                Well said. I don't take it too seriously. I've really enjoyed taking lessons - growth mindset. I also find the physics of golf clubs interesting and find myself wondering how it was all invented.

Comment

Go get em!

Let us know how it went.
                  Won my match 1 up. On to the semi finals playing the best golfer in the league.

Comment

Nice. Play well!

I shot a mediocre round today; 57 on a par 36. I'm dealing with a couple sore spots so I was glad to be able to get out. It was a cool, breezy day but the rain held off.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                      Nice. Play well!

I shot a mediocre round today; 57 on a par 36. I'm dealing with a couple sore spots so I was glad to be able to get out. It was a cool, breezy day but the rain held off.
                      Thanks!

Comment

Missed this. How did you do?

Comment

Missed this. How did you do?
                          Lost as I played pretty bad. Missed short putts on early holes to lose the holes and never recovered. It was a fun year though!!

Comment

Lost as I played pretty bad. Missed short putts on early holes to lose the holes and never recovered. It was a fun year though!!
                            Hate missing those short putts. Gland you had fun.

Comment

I'm warming up for a charity outing in a week. It'll be the first round I've had in a few years now.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                I'm warming up for a charity outing in a week. It'll be the first round I've had in a few years now.
                                I hope you enjoy yourself. Each shot a game unto itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X