Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Golf?

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Golf will be a lot more interesting if Tiger is indeed healthy enough to compete again.
    To the masses yes.

The Masters was an exciting and fun golf tournament without much Tiger (+1).

I believe that spring has finally arrived! Golf league started and I played two rounds shooting a 41 and a 42. Very happy with the way I played. Due to the weather here, I didn't get a chance to practice before playing in the league.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Hall of Famer
    I believe that spring has finally arrived! Golf league started and I played two rounds shooting a 41 and a 42. Very happy with the way I played. Due to the weather here, I didn't get a chance to practice before playing in the league.
    Wow, nice start!

What is the best round you have shot in league?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Wow, nice start!

What is the best round you have shot in league?
    Thanks!

The league plays on four different 9-hole courses.The best i have ever shot was a 36 on par 35 course (easiest of the 4). I have shot a few 37's on the 2nd and 3rd hardest/easiest nine. On the most difficult nine, probably a 39 or 40.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

I'll be starting to play again this year after a seven year layoff. Should be entertaining.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    I'll be starting to play again this year after a seven year layoff. Should be entertaining.
    Oh yeah! In a league or just getting out when you can?

Oh yeah! In a league or just getting out when you can?
    I'll probably sub in a league, and then try and get out for 18 every other weekend. There's a group from work that puts together 2-4 foursomes with some really good Groupon deals at local courses every weekend so it's pretty easy to join them.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Had a beautiful evening for my League last night.

Temperature in upper 40's....windy...slight drizzle most of the time.

Shot a 45. Struck the ball very well. Lost strokes around the green. it was one of those rounds where I hit the ball well, but didn't score that great.

My opponent had a brutal time though. Shot a 57, so I won 7/9 points. (Leaque is match play for 9 holes)

Been playing pretty good the last two weeks. Striking the ball better than I ever have.

Shot 38 last week and 40 last night.

Hall of Famer
    Been playing pretty good the last two weeks. Striking the ball better than I ever have.

Shot 38 last week and 40 last night.
    Very nice!

I played Friday afternoon...poorly. Shot 51-46. Butchered the par 3's.