Anyone Golf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Golf will be a lot more interesting if Tiger is indeed healthy enough to compete again.
    To the masses yes.

The Masters was an exciting and fun golf tournament without much Tiger (+1).

Comment

I believe that spring has finally arrived! Golf league started and I played two rounds shooting a 41 and a 42. Very happy with the way I played. Due to the weather here, I didn't get a chance to practice before playing in the league.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I believe that spring has finally arrived! Golf league started and I played two rounds shooting a 41 and a 42. Very happy with the way I played. Due to the weather here, I didn't get a chance to practice before playing in the league.
        Wow, nice start!

What is the best round you have shot in league?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Wow, nice start!

What is the best round you have shot in league?
          Thanks!

The league plays on four different 9-hole courses.The best i have ever shot was a 36 on par 35 course (easiest of the 4). I have shot a few 37's on the 2nd and 3rd hardest/easiest nine. On the most difficult nine, probably a 39 or 40.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I'll be starting to play again this year after a seven year layoff. Should be entertaining.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              I'll be starting to play again this year after a seven year layoff. Should be entertaining.
              Oh yeah! In a league or just getting out when you can?

Comment

Oh yeah! In a league or just getting out when you can?
                I'll probably sub in a league, and then try and get out for 18 every other weekend. There's a group from work that puts together 2-4 foursomes with some really good Groupon deals at local courses every weekend so it's pretty easy to join them.

Comment

Had a beautiful evening for my League last night.

Temperature in upper 40's....windy...slight drizzle most of the time.

Shot a 45. Struck the ball very well. Lost strokes around the green. it was one of those rounds where I hit the ball well, but didn't score that great.

My opponent had a brutal time though. Shot a 57, so I won 7/9 points. (Leaque is match play for 9 holes)

Comment

Been playing pretty good the last two weeks. Striking the ball better than I ever have.

Shot 38 last week and 40 last night.

Comment

Been playing pretty good the last two weeks. Striking the ball better than I ever have.

Shot 38 last week and 40 last night.
                      Very nice!

I played Friday afternoon...poorly. Shot 51-46. Butchered the par 3's.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        Very nice!

I played Friday afternoon...poorly. Shot 51-46. Butchered the par 3's.
                        Had a 44 last week. Two poor tee shots and a very poor decision on a second shot cost me strokes. I did win 5.5 /9 points though in my match.

I'm currently in 9th place in my 26 man league (top 16 make the playoffs)

Comment

Anyone???

Anyone hitting the links at all this summer?

Comment

TIGER!!!!

He is back!!

Comment

TIGER!!!!

He is back!!
                              Short of Ben Hogan coming back from an auto accident that nearly killed him nad three years later winning three majors, this is the greatest comeback in golf.

Comment

The Masters is fantastic so far . Great leaderboard.

Comment

Working...
                                X