Clear All

see post 3
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      see post 3
      Gotcha. Bummer.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I hit a small bucket of balls a few weeks ago. might try a modest comeback as high as par-3 courses. not sure I'd have any shot at the big stuff anymore....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Anyone play a round or two this year? Or am I alone?
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I played when I was in my 20s, mostly as a way to socialize with my college buddies. They almost all got married (with the wives coming up with reasons to never let them play), then I left town for a few years.

On top of that, the more I played, the worse I got. I don't think I ever broke 90, even at my best. So the only way to improve--was to quit.

Maybe I'll start again when/if I retire.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              Anyone play a round or two this year? Or am I alone?
              I played a fair amount this year.

I usually play from the White Tees. One of my buddies wanted to play from the Gold Tees (Senior tees at this course). I shot a 77. This smashes my all time record of 81 (twice).

I have had a couple of horrible rounds where I shot 102. Most of my scores fell between 88-94.

My last round out I shot 46-49. I had three 7's on the back side.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                I played a fair amount this year.

I usually play from the White Tees. One of my buddies wanted to play from the Gold Tees (Senior tees at this course). I shot a 77. This smashes my all time record of 81 (twice).

I have had a couple of horrible rounds where I shot 102. Most of my scores fell between 88-94.

My last round out I shot 46-49. I had three 7's on the back side.
                77 is sweeeeeeet!! Nice!!

I had the best round of my life last Saturday. 38-38=76.

My league plays at a 36 hole course so we have 4 9-hole courses that we rotate using. I finished with a 6-handicap. My range for the season was 38-45.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  77 is sweeeeeeet!! Nice!!

I had the best round of my life last Saturday. 38-38=76.

My league plays at a 36 hole course so we have 4 9-hole courses that we rotate using. I finished with a 6-handicap. My range for the season was 38-45.
                  Nice job. What is the best part of your game?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    Nice job. What is the best part of your game?
                    Driving - off the tee I am very, very consistent. I hit a small fade and find the fairway around 75% of the time. Not very long off of the tee, maybe 210-220 on average. I have been making some swing changes to try and hit the ball a bit farther with pretty good results so far. Side note about my driving: the guys in my league love the small fade that i hit and the fact that I find the fairway so much more than most of them!

2nd shot - I'm ok with these. I love my hybrid rescue club from 150-180. Love that club!! My irons are decent.

Around the green - I'm pretty good at chipping around the greens.

Putting -I am a really good lag putter, but the bane of my game is the 3-5 foot putt. Although i have improved a bit as I have altered my putting stroke a bit (more shoulders and less wrist!)

I would like shave at least one stroke off of my handicap next season.

How's your game shape up?

Comment

Replace fade with draw in your first paragraph and that would be me. I used to have a severe slice. It is now rare that I slice it.

My issue is my second shot. I am pretty good 150 yards in. I am not consistent enough on my second shot 160-220 range. If I am hitting my 6 iron, rescue club (180-190), 5 wood, 3 wood well that will end up be a pretty good round.

My chipping has improved the last two years. Mainly because I have removed the deceleration from that part of my game. I have also added an 8 iron bump and run that has been working pretty well.

Putting is rather interesting. I do not know if good Gregg or bad Gregg is going to show up. I like my greens on the fast side.

I hope to consistently be under 90 this next year.

Comment

It is supposed to be 59-64 degrees here tomorrow depending on who you listen too. I am planning December Golf in Illinois! Woo hoo!

Comment

I just discovered this thread.

I first golfed at age 20 in 1993. I shot a couple rounds that summer with coworkers. Fast forward to 1998 and I went on 2 company golf trips; one in in Kingston, ON and the other along the ocean in Halifax, NS.

Now, a number of coworkers/retirees shoot a handful of rounds a year. Every June and Oct we do a cottage weekend. I've tagged along a few times over the years. I hit the greens with them both times this year after shooting some balls at TopGolf in Tampa last March.

I bought my first set of clubs in July and vowed to get out during the summer, but I had a busy summer of softball and one planned outing fell through. I took the clubs out in Oct and they were too short. I flipped them and bought a set of Adams on sale.

I'm off next week and there is an indoor driving range inside a sports dome from 9-4 daily. Thinking of going to hit some balls. I play softball and hockey so developing a consistent golf swing will be a challenge. I have fun regardless.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                            I just discovered this thread.

I first golfed at age 20 in 1993. I shot a couple rounds that summer with coworkers. Fast forward to 1998 and I went on 2 company golf trips; one in in Kingston, ON and the other along the ocean in Halifax, NS.

Now, a number of coworkers/retirees shoot a handful of rounds a year. Every June and Oct we do a cottage weekend. I've tagged along a few times over the years. I hit the greens with them both times this year after shooting some balls at TopGolf in Tampa last March.

I bought my first set of clubs in July and vowed to get out during the summer, but I had a busy summer of softball and one planned outing fell through. I took the clubs out in Oct and they were too short. I flipped them and bought a set of Adams on sale.

I'm off next week and there is an indoor driving range inside a sports dome from 9-4 daily. Thinking of going to hit some balls. I play softball and hockey so developing a consistent golf swing will be a challenge. I have fun regardless.
                            I played softball and deck hockey for years while also golfing and i never really thought about any swing connections between them. I never really honed my golf swing until after i quit playing the other 2 sports.

Comment

Golf will be a lot more interesting if Tiger is indeed healthy enough to compete again.

Comment

Tiger made a 44-foot putt on the 17th hole today to get within 1 shot of the lead. he then had a 38-footer on 18 to force a playoff, but it came up just short.

he's healthy, and he's baaaaaack.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X