Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Golf?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    What are some of the distances in a Frisbee Golf course?
    Typical "holes" are par 3. ~200 feet for a casual par 3 (especially if wooded), 300-400 for a difficult/pro level par 3, 400-800 for a par 4, and there are some 1000+ par 5s.

Many casual courses are all par 3.

Have watched a few videos of disc golf and it's pretty cool. The control that they have on the disc is incredible
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Hall of Famer
    This Thursday I will be treating a customer to 18 holes at Wisconsin's Northern Bay Resort on Castle Lake in Arkdale Wis. They have 7 replica holes from famous golf courses.

Here is a brief take from their website:

Replica Holes
    Play Golf's Legendary Holes -- In One Day! Featured in Wisconsin Golfer Magazine!

Play the most famous holes in Championship golf in one day - right here in the heart of Wisconsin! The Golf Course at Northern Bay features holes from Augusta National, TPC Sawgrass, Firestone, Oakmont, Oakland Hills, and Bay Hill. Take in the magic and play shot for shot against the pros!

The actual description of each hole is after the above blurb.

I have never played there before. Can't wait!

This Thursday I will be treating a customer to 18 holes at Wisconsin's Northern Bay Resort on Castle Lake in Arkdale Wis. They have 7 replica holes from famous golf courses.

Replica Holes
    Play Golf's Legendary Holes -- In One Day! Featured in Wisconsin Golfer Magazine!

Play the most famous holes in Championship golf in one day - right here in the heart of Wisconsin! The Golf Course at Northern Bay features holes from Augusta National, TPC Sawgrass, Firestone, Oakmont, Oakland Hills, and Bay Hill. Take in the magic and play shot for shot against the pros!

That sounds awesome!!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Great concept...and a beautiful area. I'm breaking out the sticks this month and re-starting golfing again after about a 5-year hiatus. Will be golfing in Wisconsin Rapids in late August for a charity event.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    That sounds awesome!!
    It was awesome.

I had some issues and shot 45-50 for a 95. My customer shot 94. But we had fun and the day was perfect for golf. The course was not crowded. It was very peaceful among the pine trees.

The TPC Sawgrass 132 yard par 3 island green was the 10th hole. Just beautiful. Good thing as I took a 6. My customer hit his pitching wedge just in front of the green, chipped on and promptly 3 putted for a 5. It just seems like it should be an easy par or bogey at worst.

I absolutely hope to get back there one more time this season.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    Great concept...and a beautiful area. I'm breaking out the sticks this month and re-starting golfing again after about a 5-year hiatus. Will be golfing in Wisconsin Rapids in late August for a charity event.
    Very nice. I hope you will find enjoyment getting back into it.

Lost by a stroke? Now that's what I call high-end customer golf!
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Hall of Famer

Replica Holes

It is looking like I will have another chance at this next week.

I have two customers that golf. Both are about 20 minutes apart. I asked customer #2 if he would like to play this course. He jumped at the chance so it will happen in the next couple of weeks. We are tryin to make next week work.

so in my golf pool [insert yawn here], I am in second place - and trail by a little bit LESS than that $1.7M check that Rahm kicked away thanks to his COVID-19 positive test result a while back. so yes, that one left a mark.

BUT six more weeks, and this British Open starting tomorrow is one of two "double-money credit" events left.

four true contenders (for 3 money slots), two on the fringe, and seven 'donors' just looking to win a week here and there for a little walking-around money.

No. 1 and No. 4 will use their 3rd of 4 Rahms picks, for sure. so I'll take my 4th Rahm for the block while No. 2 (a female!) is all Rahm-ed out of picks on him.

I'm the only one of the Big Six with 2 Spieths left, and here No. 4 is out of him. so No. 1 and 3 have to decide whether to use their final Spieth here (am guessing no and yes).

I see the leader (who I have known his whole life), a 4-time champ, as a "tight" player. I don't think he will use a 4th pick on anyone this soon (because then if he only has a slight lead before the finale, we can gang up on him with those picks).

there are 2 top-tier players besides Spieth who he has played 3 times while I have only used them twice - Hatton and Cantlay. am going with Hatton as my 3rd pick. (No. 3 and 4 in same boat as me, but I wouldn't mind matching them since I am ahead).

finally, I am looking for a top-level player who should fall just out of the leader's radar. I believe that player is McIlroy.

I expect the leader to take Rahm; 2 of Koepka, DJ, JT, Reed; and a foreigner (but not Hatton or Rory; maybe Louie or Fitzpatrick or Hovland). and if No. 1 pegs the winner and I don't, I'm toast as far as trying to win this thing.
    Last edited by Judge Jude; 07-14-2021 at 07:04 PM.
    in full rebuild in 37th yr in (now) 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own 5 of the top 9 April 2022 1st-rd farm picks
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, AWood-IL, Corbin
    RP Bednar, Bender, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B Motter-DFA, 13 Zimmerman 2, 2B Chisholm 5, SS Gregorius 17-IL, 2S Solano 2-IL, UT LGarcia
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Jankowski-IL, Brinson, Nootbar
    IL/min - Neidert 5; Hoerner 5 ERios 2 Daza 1 McKinstry DuFowler Hurst KLee