Page 131 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1377

Thread: *** VD 12 Commentary Thread ***

Quote Originally Posted by frae View Post
    Ok it is Mookie time now.

I cashed in the BY stuff I had banked here and just took Murray's big career numbers. I played around with C hitters for a long time and taking my WC at pitcher, but Murray locks me out of the basement in some career categories and that was a real possibility in my mind if I didn't do this. If I am wrong it is just another example of me not knowing how to maximize the end, but for one shining moment I am currently in 1st place so this is probably the latest in a draft I have ever been in 1st.
    Methinks that record will be short-lived!

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Methinks that record will be short-lived!
    Lol shhhhhh end the draft now. I win. Aren't we all happy?
    If you fail to plan you plan to fail

12TO Champion 2007 2008 and 2010

Pittsburgh Proud

So when you try to hurl the word 'liberal' at my feet, as if it were dirty, something to run away from, something that I should be ashamed of, it won't work, because I will pick up that label and wear it as a badge of honor.

Cue up the long jeopardy music...

Pittsburgh Proud

So when you try to hurl the word 'liberal' at my feet, as if it were dirty, something to run away from, something that I should be ashamed of, it won't work, because I will pick up that label and wear it as a badge of honor.

Looks like mjl has a fourth contemporary hitter (Ripken). None of us caught it at the time, and it doesn't seem to be giving him much advantage (there's a comparable value wild-card normal-era shortstop still available), so I think there's nothing to be done about it at this point.
    "There was nothing for him to do under the truck, but it's tough to blame him now that he is dead." -V.Erps 3/26/2005

Big Leaguer
    agh. shit. sorry about that. I can switch but I'm sure people have made decisions based on that already.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Big Leaguer
    I can switch to Stephens if you want, nobody else can take him, but it seems unnecessarily disruptive.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

No I think switching is bad at this point.

And maybe I shouldn't have said anything as I don't think any harm was done.
    "There was nothing for him to do under the truck, but it's tough to blame him now that he is dead." -V.Erps 3/26/2005

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    No I think switching is bad at this point.

And maybe I shouldn't have said anything as I don't think any harm was done.
    I'll be furious if that costs me 11th place!

Well KS was nice enough to let me lead round 24 before putting down the hammer. Maybe something crazy can happen in this last round still...

Pittsburgh Proud

Sorry for the delay but today was My Xmas with my three girls and 5 grand kids. I thought I was done having Grandkids . But my Middle daughter who never talked about kids gave me my present today and in it was a magnet with a black and white picture. I look at it (I have terrible vision) and as I was trying to figure it out. My eyes were telling me sonogram but babies never enter my brain . Then I thought why did she hand me a picture that look like a sonogram. Then brain said oh oh OH. So it was a good day.