Page 126 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1377

Thread: *** VD 12 Commentary Thread ***

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Nah, Scott should finish top half and Johnny mid-pack somewhere, but you might have a chance with a couple other people who have tougher letters left.
    When will the robot calculate predictions?
    If you fail to plan you plan to fail

12TO Champion 2007 2008 and 2010

Pittsburgh Proud

So when you try to hurl the word 'liberal' at my feet, as if it were dirty, something to run away from, something that I should be ashamed of, it won't work, because I will pick up that label and wear it as a badge of honor.

That last F was miserable... there was really nothing after Face....
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Quote Originally Posted by frae View Post
    When will the robot calculate predictions?
    Been doing it for a while but haven't been sharing them. People tend not to enjoy the draft as much when you tell them they're going to finish bottom half, etc. You have no such worries.
    "There was nothing for him to do under the truck, but it's tough to blame him now that he is dead." -V.Erps 3/26/2005

Quote Originally Posted by heyelander View Post
    That last F was miserable... there was really nothing after Face....
    Using an S on a catcher was a mistake... both my catchers were reactionary picks rather than thought out.

Quote Originally Posted by heyelander View Post
    Using an S on a catcher was a mistake... both my catchers were reactionary picks rather than thought out.
    I didn't like your Nettles pick at all. N is much better used on a pitcher. Similar for Del Ennis. If you have to use those letters on hitters, use them on catchers or middle infielders or something that's a least a little scarce. Kershaw seemed like a decent pick at the time but hasn't aged well--there's a K pitcher still available who would give you within 4 points of Kershaw.
    "There was nothing for him to do under the truck, but it's tough to blame him now that he is dead." -V.Erps 3/26/2005

Big Leaguer
    At least tell me my prediction!
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Quote Originally Posted by mjl View Post
    At least tell me my prediction!
    There is a whole scrum of teams in the, say, 5th-10th range, of which yours is one.

Been doing it for a while but haven't been sharing them. People tend not to enjoy the draft as much when you tell them they're going to finish bottom half, etc. You have no such worries.
    Well, I think I am locked into my last hitter and no one should be able to take him before I pick. Then I might actually have to make some projections to decide on which pitcher to take.
    If you fail to plan you plan to fail

12TO Champion 2007 2008 and 2010

Pittsburgh Proud

So when you try to hurl the word 'liberal' at my feet, as if it were dirty, something to run away from, something that I should be ashamed of, it won't work, because I will pick up that label and wear it as a badge of honor.

I didn't like your Nettles pick at all. N is much better used on a pitcher. Similar for Del Ennis. If you have to use those letters on hitters, use them on catchers or middle infielders or something that's a least a little scarce. Kershaw seemed like a decent pick at the time but hasn't aged well--there's a K pitcher still available who would give you within 4 points of Kershaw.
    I kept my ratios mostly in check for once, but I still don't judge BA effects for shit.

I agree, which is why I also haven’t published them.

I will say this -- I have the Top 4 teams separated by 1.7 points, so it's likely going to be decided not by who they pick, but by who others pick.