No announcement yet.

*** VD 12 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, there's no good reason to choose 1896 over 1895 unless that one extra run from 1896 outweighs all the extra RBI and AVG from 1895.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      I'm here ... catchin up (n'stuff)
      1.08 Here's Johnnnnnny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLEdpDpoTTA
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Well that assumes I looked at the spreadsheet at some point in the last few rounds 1896 over 1895 ... that could have been a typo ... lemme check
        So this is a weird one.

That was a copy-paste error on the BY for Everitt ...

Should I change it before Frae picks. I intended the obvious BY.

Comment

• Yeah, change it now.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

So this is a weird one.

That was a copy-paste error on the BY for Everitt ...

Should I change it before Frae picks. I intended the obvious BY.
            If I am the issue just change it and tell me. We have all made mistakes on that before.

Comment

• Johnny edited his post, everyone good? I could spend hours looking at this and I'll probably just talk myself into something bad so I am just going to follow the plan here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                Yeah, change it now.
                Done ... didn't want that to effect the final standings where it matters. Also might have looked like I was deliberately doing the opposite of what I was trying to do.

Was actually doing projections so that I wouldn't lazily end up being a Kingmaker! Then lazily picked the wrong year.

Comment

Done ... didn't want that to effect the final standings where it matters. Also might have looked like I was deliberately doing the opposite of what I was trying to do.

Was actually doing projections so that I wouldn't lazily end up being a Kingmaker! Then lazily picked the wrong year.
                  Ok it is Mookie time now.

I cashed in the BY stuff I had banked here and just took Murray's big career numbers. I played around with C hitters for a long time and taking my WC at pitcher, but Murray locks me out of the basement in some career categories and that was a real possibility in my mind if I didn't do this. If I am wrong it is just another example of me not knowing how to maximize the end, but for one shining moment I am currently in 1st place so this is probably the latest in a draft I have ever been in 1st.

Comment

• History thread updated

This draft has ended quicker than any other draft I can recall.

Comment

History thread updated

This draft has ended quicker than any other draft I can recall.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                        Ok it is Mookie time now.

I cashed in the BY stuff I had banked here and just took Murray's big career numbers. I played around with C hitters for a long time and taking my WC at pitcher, but Murray locks me out of the basement in some career categories and that was a real possibility in my mind if I didn't do this. If I am wrong it is just another example of me not knowing how to maximize the end, but for one shining moment I am currently in 1st place so this is probably the latest in a draft I have ever been in 1st.
                        Methinks that record will be short-lived!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Methinks that record will be short-lived!
                          Lol shhhhhh end the draft now. I win. Aren't we all happy?

Comment

• Cue up the long jeopardy music...

Comment

• Looks like mjl has a fourth contemporary hitter (Ripken). None of us caught it at the time, and it doesn't seem to be giving him much advantage (there's a comparable value wild-card normal-era shortstop still available), so I think there's nothing to be done about it at this point.

Comment

• agh. shit. sorry about that. I can switch but I'm sure people have made decisions based on that already.
                                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                                X